Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018

Weekly Satus Report and release schedule
New
Just now
During this past week I’ve mainly focused on the art and planning the structure for Chapter 13. Prioritizing the art has helped me get the production pipeline moving, allowing me to involve the colorist and the new artist I'm working with. It's also crucial for structuring and building the new scenes. Shifting my focus to art has given me a break from the grind of writing the script, though I’m still gradually working on the epilogue. Additionally, I’ve added some new music tracks to the game and will be commissioning 3-4 new backgrounds as well.
Regarding the upcoming release schedule, here’s what I’ve planned: With the summer house event wrapped up, we’ll be shifting back to Lena’s perspective, starting with her trip with Seymour. The next release will focus on this stand-alone event, followed by another release that continues Lena’s POV during the week afterward. The third release will then switch back to Ian’s POV to advance some of his main storylines. I’m hoping these shorter updates will help me maintain a faster and more consistent release pace, as the chapters have become quite lengthy and deep, and waiting to complete all the plotlines takes too long.

I’m considering making a couple of posts to share some behind-the-scenes details of Chapter 12, but I’d love to know what you’d like to see. Are there any specific aspects you’re curious about? Let me know your suggestions in the comments!
Tags
Since there is no pov shift for Lena again in Chapter 12, I guess ch 13 will follow same pattern as ch 12 with Lena being main focus now and Ian getting small POV shift later like Lena got in previous chapter.
I hope pov shifts will go back to normal from Chapter 14 or we'll have to wait for basically a year to get either of the POV.

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
Maybe Billy Jean's route will be alternate one for Seymour's trip, Ik Lena-Ivy were planning about it, don't remember when though.
I don't think so. You can bet that the Billy and Ivy trip will be connected to Lena's corruption path - same as the trip with Seymour. It would be meaningless to let player choose between these two events due to the fact that those of us who play non-corruption Lena probably wouldn't want to participate in either of them.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
The non-Seymour path will get to spend a bit of Lena's time with Ian and friends. I think we won't lose a big chunk of content in that scenario.
If you are not playing the Seymour path you already missing a chunk of content in your saves,just saying:whistle:
Why you dont like Evakiss favourite character,F95?:LOL:

Reactions: ffive

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
I don't think so. You can bet that the Billy and Ivy trip will be connected to Lena's corruption path - same as the trip with Seymour. It would be meaningless to let player choose between these two events due to the fact that those of us who play non-corruption Lena probably wouldn't want to participate in either of them.
If Lena is on Seymour's path, she might not be able to go to Billy's thing. She has an exclusivity agreement with Seymour so she would need his permission.

Python:
    # billy
    if billy_model:
        play sound "sfx/sms.mp3"
        l "Mh? A message from Billy..."
        nvl clear
        b_p "Yo, Lena! How's it going, are you busy?"
        l_p "Getting ready to go out. I'm working at the club tonight."
        b_p "No way! That's so cool! Too bad I'm not in town, I'd love to see you dance {image=emoji_dance.webp} {image=emoji_glasses.webp}"
        l_p "I'm just bartending. I'll leave the dancing to Ivy {image=emoji_ups.webp}"
        b_p "Well, I hope you show me some of your moves this summer! I've already booked the place for our first shoot!"
        if seymour_desire:
            $ flena = "sad"
            if billy_trust == 0:
                l "I don't know why I said I was on board with this... I guess it seemed like a good opportunity to make some money..."
            if billy_trust == 2:
                l_p "Sounds great, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it after all {image=emoji_sad.webp}"
            else:
                l_p "Sorry Billy, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it after all."
            b_p "What? Why not? {image=emoji_sad.webp} {image=emoji_sad.webp} {image=emoji_sad.webp}"
            l_p "I'm under contract with another part and I can't work for other photogrphers while that lasts."
            b_p "But I've rented a designer house with a pool and all, perfect for some summer photoshoots!"

if seymour_desire:
            b_p "So come on, you have to join! Talk to your contractor and ask him for permission!"
            l_p "I'll see what I can do."

if seymour_desire:
            l "What Billy offers is not interesting to me from a business standpoint, but it sounds like a fun vacation..."
            l "I wonder if it's worth joining, after all."
The door is not completely closed like with the OF stuff, but it would make Eva's life easier if there's a fork between Seymour and Billy and she doesn't have to take account of one more complex variation. Although, I understand how both events would appeal to the corrupted Lena crowd, the exclusivity also fits with Seymour's character and theme.

Also, PilotLara , I've just realized there's a typo on that conversation: "photogrphers " is missing an "a".

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
If Lena is on Seymour's path, she might not be able to go to Billy's thing. She has an exclusivity agreement with Seymour so she would need his permission.

Python:
    # billy
    if billy_model:
        play sound "sfx/sms.mp3"
        l "Mh? A message from Billy..."
        nvl clear
        b_p "Yo, Lena! How's it going, are you busy?"
        l_p "Getting ready to go out. I'm working at the club tonight."
        b_p "No way! That's so cool! Too bad I'm not in town, I'd love to see you dance {image=emoji_dance.webp} {image=emoji_glasses.webp}"
        l_p "I'm just bartending. I'll leave the dancing to Ivy {image=emoji_ups.webp}"
        b_p "Well, I hope you show me some of your moves this summer! I've already booked the place for our first shoot!"
        if seymour_desire:
            $ flena = "sad"
            if billy_trust == 0:
                l "I don't know why I said I was on board with this... I guess it seemed like a good opportunity to make some money..."
            if billy_trust == 2:
                l_p "Sounds great, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it after all {image=emoji_sad.webp}"
            else:
                l_p "Sorry Billy, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it after all."
            b_p "What? Why not? {image=emoji_sad.webp} {image=emoji_sad.webp} {image=emoji_sad.webp}"
            l_p "I'm under contract with another part and I can't work for other photogrphers while that lasts."
            b_p "But I've rented a designer house with a pool and all, perfect for some summer photoshoots!"

if seymour_desire:
            b_p "So come on, you have to join! Talk to your contractor and ask him for permission!"
            l_p "I'll see what I can do."

if seymour_desire:
            l "What Billy offers is not interesting to me from a business standpoint, but it sounds like a fun vacation..."
            l "I wonder if it's worth joining, after all."
The door is not completely closed like with the OF stuff, but it would make Eva's life easier if there's a fork between Seymour and Billy and she doesn't have to take account of one more complex variation. Although, I understand how both events would appeal to the corrupted Lena crowd, the exclusivity also fits with Seymour's character and theme.

Also, PilotLara , I've just realized there's a typo on that conversation: "photogrphers " is missing an "a".
I still expect that Lena will go on Billy's trip if only to keep Ivy from trouble. It seems like after being rejected by the Wildcats I can see that she'll be reckless with any opportunity to make it big.

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020
Okay, what will the players who didn't make the deal with Seymour get? An empty update with "To be continued" pic? Just wondering.
Maybe a couple of photoshoots with that photographer Danny introduced Lena to if she rejects Seymour? With the same sprites being reused. Which probably wouldn't be much content.

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes