RobertKing

Feb 8, 2024
Would corruption really be a useful tag to vote for? Every single female option (and most of the male options) have corruption material of one kind or another included for one of their routes.
I think there's a difference, yes. Some people really like the pure love routes where the characters are deeply committed. There are others for the 'good girl gone bad' type of game play. That in fact was the pure theme of GGGB, within ORS that would be optionality to change the nature of base characters.

For this category there are definitely specturms, Ashely in GGGB could go full gang member. That would be extreme but I would argue with the slower type of play in ORS seems to be lacking some of the SHARP turns that made you keep playing GGGB. A game where one decision had FAR differing outcomes than ORS.

Within ORS, it seems most of the game is the same, with the exception of story points within each scene. And yes I know there are some scenes you can only unlock with certain game play. However in GGGB, the game had completely different forks. The details within the corruption routes allowed for this.

Reactions: GokutheG

BlandChili

Engaged Member
Dec 15, 2020
I think there's a difference, yes. Some people really like the pure love routes where the characters are deeply committed. There are others for the 'good girl gone bad' type of game play. That in fact was the pure theme of GGGB, within ORS that would be optionality to change the nature of base characters.

For this category there are definitely specturms, Ashely in GGGB could go full gang member. That would be extreme but I would argue with the slower type of play in ORS seems to be lacking some of the SHARP turns that made you keep playing GGGB. A game where one decision had FAR differing outcomes than ORS.

Within ORS, it seems most of the game is the same, with the exception of story points within each scene. And yes I know there are some scenes you can only unlock with certain game play. However in GGGB, the game had completely different forks. The details within the corruption routes allowed for this.
Yes, but the games also have their own premise. GGGB was about corruption and had a visible system to gauge Ashley's development in either direction. ORS is about the influence Ian and Lena have on each others lives and wee see *their* progression through the stats they build and the relationships they emphasise.

"Corruption," means something different for each game because they have differing structures. I'm arguing ORS already has the kind of corruption that the gameplay allows and emphasises.
In the same way the good/bad system in GGGB unlocks material for Ash so does the relationships Ian and Lena make and the decisions they make in regards to their supporting cast.

4.60 star(s) 324 Votes