• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
however even if the player simply makes a guess here and fails the 33% chance to get it right, it is mitigated by the ability to change 2 of your choices in the end.
The ability to change hardly helps if you don't know what choice needs to be change. You could even lower the book score.

There was no indication that Crude is a bad romance option for History. And neither Holly nor Perrys advice can guide you on the right path for this.
There was no indication that Defeat is a bad ending option for History. In fact, taking Hollys advice, a bad ending should be rewarded and chosing a good ending should be punished.

The other complaints are just "my opinion what should score well differs from the developer's" but i don't think this is really an issue -- if anything, it reflects the real life problem when it comes to writing, which is that guessing what people (and especially contest judges) will like/expect from award-winning works can be hard, because you can't simply rely on your own tastes and presumptions being the same as theirs.
I don't mind following someonelses, in this case Evas, rules. However, aside from the fact that we have some common ground what tends to be good and bad objectively, they need to tell me what the rules are. Otherwise it is just arbitrary guesswork and has no purpose. A good chunk of them are explained in-game, so if I miss them, it is my fault. But if they aren't explained, it is the developers failing to convey a challenge that can be reasonable beaten through proper knowledge of the rules.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The ability to change hardly helps if you don't know what choice needs to be change. You could even lower the book score.
True, but if you are sure about some of your choices being right, then the remaining choices, like the one you picked blindly, are good candidates to tweak, wouldn't you agree?

There was no indication that Crude is a bad romance option for History. And neither Holly nor Perrys advice can guide you on the right path for this.
That's already mentioned, "there is no indicator for a Love Interest". Since it's a guess, it's a good candidate to tweak in case of poor score.

There was no indication that Defeat is a bad ending option for History. In fact, taking Hollys advice, a bad ending should be rewarded and chosing a good ending should be punished.
If you ask Perry for his opinion on the book he'll tell you whether your choice of ending was a good one. (for what's worth, according to him defeat as ending is "a bit too predictable" for history books)

However, aside from the fact that we have some common ground what tends to be good and bad objectively, they need to tell me what the rules are.
I disagree. This isn't a puzzle game, but a narrative game which uses creation of artistic content (books, music, photography) as part of its story. Writing books which will resonate with audience is hard and not something you get full explanation how to do it to achieve "perfect score", if you're a writer. To a certain extent it is guesswork. The game does good job portraying this, as part of its narrative.

You might as well complain that the lyric writing bit on Lena's side doesn't give you any real hints which of the provided words are the best picks, and yet these lyrics are also (secretly) scored at the end. The game does it this way because it's also not a challenge you're expected to beat simply through proper knowledge of the rules, but more of an approximation of actual writing experience.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
And Lena will also need to buy and replace the SD card. If she's dead broke, there might be a path where Lena will have to do "things" to repay Stan.

Or another drama between Lena and Stan that could go in many ways.
I doubt that will be a lingering issue. She can just save the images from the SD to her own laptop and delete them, handing back the SD or even just slipping it back into the camera. Given Eva's addition of the line mentioning Lena's removal of the SD in the first place, like an afterthought, I doubt she thinks of that particular detail as at all noteworthy.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Given it seems to be a problem, an easy and practical guide to achieve high results, and even the best one, in writing Ian's book.

You just have to choose: Vengeance, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice.

In this way you'll achieve 8 points (aka perfect score) with a Historical book, and 7 points with a Fantasy or Sci-Fi book. To reach max points with those two you have to choose: for the Fantasy one Romantic or Crude, for the Sci-Fi one Chosen One. That's it.

To make it even simpler, just choose these for max score:
Fantasy: Vengeance, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Romantic, Sacrifice.
Sci-Fi: Chosen One, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice.
Historical: Vengeance, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice.

If instead you want more freedom in choices, these alternatives will all give you the perfect score anyway:
Fantasy: Vengeance/Call Of Duty, Villain/Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Romantic/Crude, Victory/Sacrifice.
Sci-Fi: Chosen One, Villain/Relativistic, Trickster/Anti-Hero, Treason/Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice/Defeat.
Historical: Vengeance/Call Of Duty, Relativistic, Sage/Anti-Hero, Fight/Doom, Romantic/Metaphysical, Sacrifice.
Thanks for cleaning that up. Will make future references easier the next time the question is asked.

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
Given it seems to be a problem, an easy and practical guide to achieve high results, and even the best one, in writing Ian's book.

You just have to choose: Vengeance, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice.

In this way you'll achieve 8 points (aka perfect score) with a Historical book, and 7 points with a Fantasy or Sci-Fi book. To reach max points with those two you have to choose: for the Fantasy one Romantic or Crude, for the Sci-Fi one Chosen One. That's it.

To make it even simpler, just choose these for max score:
Fantasy: Vengeance, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Romantic, Sacrifice.
Sci-Fi: Chosen One, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice.
Historical: Vengeance, Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice.

If instead you want more freedom in choices, these alternatives will all give you the perfect score anyway:
Fantasy: Vengeance/Call Of Duty, Villain/Relativistic, Anti-Hero, Doom, Romantic/Crude, Victory/Sacrifice.
Sci-Fi: Chosen One, Villain/Relativistic, Trickster/Anti-Hero, Treason/Doom, Metaphysical, Sacrifice/Defeat.
Historical: Vengeance/Call Of Duty, Relativistic, Sage/Anti-Hero, Fight/Doom, Romantic/Metaphysical, Sacrifice.

i will reply to that saying something like ASDRUBALCHECHELOV just so it will be easy to track down via search menu when i need it.

Mythos079

Jan 5, 2022
Another way to do it is to press shift + o to open up console. Then type in book_points = 99 and you are all set for book points forever...
And this will not work, because the game is often checking for the exact value. You should be more careful when using the console, especially in a complicated game like ORS, or you'll likely create an impossible combination of variables which will give you problems or inconsistencies.

Yokanzo

May 19, 2022
I just want to know if the game has anything resembling a voluntary cuck route and all the little games and roleplay that come with that? You can sorta do with Alison, but I was wondering if there's ways for Lena to humiliate Ian.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I just want to know if the game has anything resembling a voluntary cuck route and all the little games and roleplay that come with that? You can sorta do with Alison, but I was wondering if there's ways for Lena to humiliate Ian.
Ian can enter cuck route with Lena either by questioning her about experiences she's had with other guys' dicks while he's receiving a handjob in Chapter 10, or by Lena denying him sex in Chapter 11 Prologue. Lena can also tease/humiliate Ian by refusing to have sex with him, which doesn't require entering cuck route explicitly (though it does eventualy end up there)

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
Alison:
I mean you can play a loser ian and only go for alison but play him slow and shy so jeremy gets her first and you go home alone
- than he can send you videos of him doing her(if you are not going in a relationship with her he will send you even more videos they are hot but if you are not in a realationship with her its not as hot to be honest)
- than you go after her and go in a relationship with her
- hide behind jeremy if the ex bf comes at you both
- you can agree to do a treesome with her and jeremy and completely underperfrom and he competly fucks her brain out

who nows what consequences this has in the future.....

Cindy
than you have cindy again you can be kinda shy always look up to her and shyly like her insta pics and always be the yesman if she needs anything

-than you can go with her to alex photoshots
-jerk off to her pics privatly
-go in a relationship with her
-let axel touch her at photoshots because your ian is to shy vs a gigachad like him

she will joint wildcats(potential were she could get corrupted and beef with ivy in the future) and maybe there will be things in the future who nows but it has potential and some allusions same with alison

Holly :
I am not sure about this one maybe she is uncorruptible if in a realtionship with ian there are allusions(for example fantasy about fucked by a stanger ....) but nothing happens with mark so the future will tell maybe the corruption needs more time if in a relationship which would be logical

Gillian:
this one could be good but we almost now nothing about her just that she is ians ex and cheated on him and that she is coming back in the new cheapter so maybe you can fix her :Kappa::Kappa::Kappa::Kappa::Kappa:(got I love the toxic hot and cold relationships and self distruction ntr fucked up my brain:BootyTime: hope gillian is very good hope this will not be some boring sidecontent or vanilla romance:cry:even if some cuddel season would be appreciated)

never tried lena dont like to date myself if I play both cheracters but some people say you can deny ian sex not sure

Last edited:
Reactions: aykarin

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
never tried lena dont like to date myself if I play both cheracters but some people say you can deny ian sex not sure
Man, you lose a lot if you don't play Ian x Lena while liking cucking/NTR. I'm also personally not a fan of Ian x Lena as a romantic pairing, but you can play Ian as a loser who doesn't have sex at all and date Lena. If Ian is very shy on her dates and acts like a loser, while simultaneously Lena is a slut, you can easily trigger the path on which Ian becomes Lena's "boyfriend" but still without sex and she only teases him, strokes his cock, forces him to lick her, but doesn't let him fuck her at all. She even starts telling Ian at some point that sex with Robert was so great and it's a shame Ian can't do the same thing as Robert. Last two updates gave us LOTS of content for cuck Ian x Lena. I REALLY recommend it.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
Man, you lose a lot if you don't play Ian x Lena while liking cucking/NTR. I'm also personally not a fan of Ian x Lena as a romantic pairing, but you can play Ian as a loser who doesn't have sex at all and date Lena. If Ian is very shy on her dates and acts like a loser, while simultaneously Lena is a slut, you can easily trigger the path on which Ian becomes Lena's "boyfriend" but still without sex and she only teases him, strokes his cock, forces him to lick her, but doesn't let him fuck her at all. She even starts telling Ian at some point that sex with Robert was so great and it's a shame Ian can't do the same thing as Robert. Last two updates gave us LOTS of content for cuck Ian x Lena. I REALLY recommend it.
I am more into ntr to be honest than cucking but I dont like date myself if I play both cheracters i like cindy,alison and holly potentially gillian way more than lena from looks and persoanlitie so I hope that we will get corruption opportunities if in a relationship with ian with this cheracters but I am a bit nervouse to be honest her old game was more fast past but for example corrupted holly and she dress different and tells storys about a stranger that fucks her brain out but than does nothing with mark(he dosent even try to go after her which dosent seem to fit his cheracter at all that he cares about a boyfriend)so maybe eva goes the route that as soon as you are in a relationship = no corruption I hope thats not the case but we need to wait and see how things can play out with alison,cindy,holly,gillian or she goes more slowburn/realistic.

Last edited:

punisher33

Feb 7, 2020

Unlocked
Weekly Status Report Chapter 11 (2)
This past week I've been combining several tasks:
I've continued writing Ian's part, and I hope I can finisish it between this weeks and the next one. 4 scenes are left to write, but they are quite complex and I've been needing to meditate over them, deciding on the proper structure and how they tie with past and future events, gameplay mechanics, and dialogue.
On this note, I've also been planning and sketching other scenes and events; I have a rough idea of what Lena's part will be like, but I'm still defining the story beats and structure, and the lewd scenes composition and illustrations.
And finally, I've also been drawing and deciding on the images to use for upcoming scenes. This stage takes longer than it used to, since I'm trying to make the scenes feel relevant to the story and character development, add something new or fresh to avoid making them feel too repetitive, and chose the perfect reference image. Some I've completed myself, and others I've been preparing to send to the artists, so both them and the colorist have something to do while I keep writing.
I'm planning to re-release the prologue this week both here and on , with some added polish (nothing major, just smoothing out some corners) and with a new outfit for Gillian. I will make a poll about that in the upcoming days.
That's all for this week, I'll keep working and update you next week!

4.60 star(s) 306 Votes