dav121

Oct 13, 2016
He doesn't get her fired though. It is management that wants to fire a waitress. Lena is the newest hire therefore she will be fired. If Lena sleeps with him, he has to fire another waitress, who worked there for much longer than Lena......
Seems like you're reaching to defend him but if that'sthe way here's mine.
We don't know if management wishes to fire a waitress, all we have is Roberts side of it. And IMHO i don't find RObert to be too reliable.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Even though I don't usually play female protagonist games, I gave this a shot, and I must say I really enjoyed it. I love the art, the characters and even though the story itself seems a bit mundane at first sight, it keeps me engaged. But i also think we are still in the introductory stages, where things are setup for future greater things.

I probably play it "wrongly" though, because I play it from Ian's perspective, and make Lena's decisions such that Ian would like her more, if that makes sense. I can only hope that Lena won't be forced to "prostitute" herself because I keep turning dudes down on her path. First example being the restaurant waitress job that you can keep only if you fuck Robert. The coffee shop job seems to be going that way as well if you shut down Ed's advances. Oh well, I'll ride this wave as long as the game & story allows me, but for now I am enjoying the experience.

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
Let me start of by saying that I am a big fan of your work on the GGGB guide. Now onto the new material.

He implies Lena owes him a date for standing up to Axel for her. If she says she does not owe him anything he says that he got punched for her. He got punched because he was a nosy git. He's dangling the piece of info on her head. Lena is distinctly aware of the possibility that she'll lose the job but Robert is the one that gets a say in the matter. As a responsible boss he should do what is best for the restaurant regardless of whether he gets to bang an Insta model.

Lena has been dismissing all male attention since her breakup with Axel. The thing that changes is the external stimulus her brain receives since Chap 1. Ivy has been filling her head with naughty thoughts and the player inputs don't help either. Her decision to move on is the trigger not her inherent sluttiness. Also, Robert is the only available guy with whom she can have sex. Why she would not go on a Tinder date is beyond me because she does not seem averse to casual sex. But Robert is reaping the benefits of just being there. IRL I don't see this playing out the same way.

It is a great avenue for farming charisma and lust, it is true. But Lena orgasms only once she takes control of her own pleasure. Obviously, it would be foolish to judge a man's worth based on sex alone but in a decidedly casual relationship with sexual give and take Robert's inability to get Lena going does not bode too well for him.
Yeah, this has generally been my take on it. Robert withholds important job related information to coerce Lena to going out and having drinks with him. That raised a massive red flag to me, as far as Robert goes as a likable character. That said, I've played Lena in two ways (based on my preferences), either ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mikelinez

May 11, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'v3alisondatened'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "chapter_3.rpyc", line 7806, in script
  File "C:\Users\c\Downloads\2019\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1633, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\c\Downloads\2019\OurRedString-v0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'v3alisondatened'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.3
Sat Jun 13 22:30:53 2020

When you tell Allison "Let's better not" when she asks if you want to try sex again after you went limp the first time.

Jtac

Aug 27, 2017
I hope that either evakiss or somebody with a mod can make it so that you could check the stats of lena and ian at the same time. This would make it so much easier to see if you are making the right progress (ie cherry requirements) in the long run instead of just knowing to check before charter switches. it also would make it far easier to make sure your going in the right direction when the inevitable happens and both characters need certain stats (hopefully holly threesome) to achieve the desired scene.

also found out on this run lena needs to choose the right lyrics in order to get the will point. seems harder than Ian just switching books with holly

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Broken saves ??? .... I'll sit this update out and wait for things to stabilize. It is annoying to keep restarting a VN after every release.

wilari

Aug 10, 2017
What an awesome game! I've just found out about it.
Way better than Good Girl Gone Bad in my opinion (wan't a bit fan of the corruption path so there's wasn't much to do for me...)
I just hope that there won't be as many branches. It makes for very short updates if you don't have multiple saves.

Anyway having two protagonists is a brilliant idea! Most of the cast is awesome too... it really makes you want to let eveyone gets a bit of happiness (except for wade, sorry buddy but I'm aiming for your girl!!!).

danny slayer

Nov 17, 2016
Where exactly does the current iteration of the game end?

At chapter 3 after meeting Ivy and Lena with Jeremy it automatically redirects to the home screen. Is this the latest part of the game?

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
A really good and very promising start. i've lost count of how many times I restarted the game to see everything I could^^
I'm sure we'll have many very suprising endings like there was in GGGB. And of course I hope to see a corruption path as subtle and perverse as in GGGB :devilish:. Louise seems easy to influence and a bit naive so far...Good candidate to become someone's sub I think... Lena ? Ian ? or both :cool: ? We'll see :LOL:

Reactions: w00de

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Where exactly does the current iteration of the game end?

At chapter 3 after meeting Ivy and Lena with Jeremy it automatically redirects to the home screen. Is this the latest part of the game?
No, you can meet Seymour after that. Then the chapter ends.

4.60 star(s) 310 Votes