JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
I think people are undermining just how complex the story is in this game. So many different routes, that all need to connect.
I think people are overestimating the complexity of the game.

So far, the routes have all been pretty separate from one another and not intertwining that much. For example, Ian cheating with Cindy or not or not having any relationship with her has not been of any consequence considering all 3 variations play the same (give or take few sex scenes).

The same can be said for Lena and Ian's relationship. Regardless of their relationship status (commited, non-commited, no relationship), both of them are going to be at Ivy's party no matter what, hence not impacting the overall story.

Don't get me wrong, the game is far more complex than most but that complexity comes from the sheer amount of options you have and choices you can make rather than the overall complexity of the routes intertwinning with one another. And I don't think having 2 Protagonists complicates the story if you just think about them as 1 protagonist and 1 side-character.

Last edited:

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
The last update for ORS was in Febuary, 4 months ago, assuming the new chapter releases this month, which it should, then thats 4 months with 11 status reports. Dark Cookie on the other hand has been promising a 'tech update' for about a year now and the last content update for Summertime Saga was in October and since October there have been only 2 status reports for Summertime Saga. Anyone seriously saying the situations are comparable is just armchair dev'ing with no creative experience.
That was the god damn prologue, should you release 2 minutes updates then any creator could do that. Unprofessional, try dropping that kind of work in that time frame in any other kind of job and you would soon find yourself looking for a new one.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
I think people are overestimating the complexity of the game.

So far, the routes have all been pretty separate from one another and not intertwining that much. For example, Ian cheating with Cindy or not or not having any relationship with her has not been of any consequence considering all 3 variations play the same (give or take few sex scenes).

The same can be said for Lena and Ian's relationship. Regardless of their relationship status (commited, non-commited, no relationship), both of them are going to be at Ivy's party no matter what, hence not impacting the overall story.

Don't get me wrong, the game is far more complex than most but that complexity comes from the sheer amount of options you have and choices you can make rather than the overall complexity of the routes intertwinning with one another. And I don't think having 2 Protagonists complicates the story if you just think about them as 1 protagonist and 1 side-character.
It's all subjective and based on what you consider complex. Yes the set pieces tend not to change throughout playthroughs, with the exception of Cindy's party, Alison's trip, and Holly's trip. This is most likely done to reduce workload and streamline information for the characters. For example Ian hears Cherrys side of the drama of he goes to the bar with her, but if doesn't that information still needs to be communicated to him, so there are other points in the story basically the same dialogue and choices come up, specifically when Cherry is hanging out with Ian and Perry. In universe I guess both friend groups are so strong and intertwined that no actions Ian or Lena take can break up the groups and thus their hangouts and parties always happen. Lena and Ivy's friendship for example can be brought down quite substantially, but Lena still shows up to her birthday regardless.

I think the complexity comes from the sheer amount of variables though. Take a look at the variable list for ORS and imagine how many variables the average game will have on here. The average game will be a male protagonist game which probably will have individual score points with let's say 5 girls. Each decision either raises said point, lowers it, or keeps it the same. Then once it is high enough the player can engage in their route. At the halfway point or towards the end the game will have a moment where it checks all relationships and if the player is cheating then the player face consequences, unless it's a harem game of course. ORS, just looking at Ian's parts will have much more to it. To court the women you need to build up their relationship stat, but also their hidden interest stats, ian_go_holly, ian_go_cindy, Ian_go_alison, etc. Then furthermore there are variables determining if Ian is in love with any of them, which tend to be mutually exclusive. Then in bed with the girls they have their satisfaction variable, which is minor but goes a long way compared to games just a little dialogue and then some gif. Along with the satisfaction there are also the preferences of the girls, Holly being willing to swallow unlike Cindy who wants Ian to perform cunnilingus before she blows him, or Alison and Minerva hating anal unlike Emma who is an anal enthusiast.

I think it's true that the different paths don't intersect too much, but I think that's because up until this point they have been mostly Ian and Lena sleeping around. Unless you're Alison or Axel, most characters aren't getting pressed over the MCs sleeping around while they're not tied down. Only in chapter 9 can Ian and Lena become a couple and already by chapter 10, Ian can cheat with Cindy, and Lena can cheat with Axel, Mike, Louise, Ivy, and Mark. And these are marked by the game with cheating variables, meaning it will come into play later. The other routes haven't even progressed to the official couple status yet. Holly and Lena discuss Holly having the talk with Ian and hopefully that will happen in chapter 11.

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
It would be really better if Eva gave us any new information on the status of the new update. I understand that she doesn't feel good saying that it still isn't finished but nevertheless it's better to know. If I knew, for example, that we need to wait at least one or two more weeks, I wouldn't lose my time checking her Patreon constantly. It's frustrating. Bad information is much better than no information at all.

kolram

Aug 7, 2020
It would be really better if Eva gave us any new information on the status of the new update. I understand that she doesn't feel good saying that it still isn't finished but nevertheless it's better to know. If I knew, for example, that we need to wait at least one or two more weeks, I wouldn't lose my time checking her Patreon constantly. It's frustrating. Bad information is much better than no information at all.
Personally I'd rather she focused her efforts on finishing the update rather than wasting time writing posts to say she has been getting delayed and distracted composing constant updates.

The update will drop when it drops and subscribers will get a notification telling them so.

Vurg

Sep 3, 2017
For all these people who say this game isn't that complex, I would genuinely like you to go ahead to make a game with this same level of branching interconnected pathing with multiple protagonists.

Like actually make it, cause there need to be more of these.

Otherwise these complaints seem kind of silly.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
You can rest easy this week, playtesting hasn't begun yet.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
To my knowlege, GGGB was also a "complex" game and we never had to wait 9 months for its release :unsure::unsure: (again, I might be wrong on this).
GGGB had shorter updates and benefitted from not having a clear sense of time passing, it was pretty ambiguous. It wasn't released in chapters that had around the same amount of playable days. So, Eva sometimes released an update only for the Slut path, then the next month revisited the same days but added the content for Good Girl path or the Thug path or the Bimbo path, etc. So, in order to make one full "chapter", Eva required from 2 to 4 months but did so cleverly and nobody suspected a thing. That's why she entertained the idea of splitting the ORS chapters into separate "Ian" and "Lena" releases but the majority of paying customers was against that. Each GGGB update had only 3 - 5 sex scenes max while ORS is approaching the record of 18 scenes.

As of Chapter 10, ORS only has 55k lines of code less than the complete GGGB script + DLC. So, in the end, GGGB is just a much shorter game.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
So you're not going to post Bella's scenes?
Just ignore this guy. This is his whole personality: resorting to the thread and aggressively imposing his position, starting to fight with everyone, ignoring any arguments with line "You misread / Didn't read what I wrote!"
It's not the first time I've seen him do it, and it doesn't look like it will be the last, this time he sparked off-topic discussion.

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes