Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.1.2.a] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

helioss555

Jan 27, 2020
I can just guess that when you installed the v0.7 of the mod over v0.8 of the game - you was playing it untill last chapter and made saves. So, when you reinstalled the game v0.8 without the mod - you was trying to load from saves which were made in the game v0.8 with old 0.7 mod. So my guess is that that saves are uncompatible with the original game's format of saves. I guess the only chance for you is to wait for updated v0.8 of the mod and try to continue with your saves after that.
But if you willing to play just the original game - try to delete old saves in C:\Users\[your_windows_account_name]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\RedString-1574621830 and start a new game. Take in attention that appdata is a hidden folder, so you need to switch a folder's option to see hidden ones or simply type manualy \appdata in adress string in the end, after your account's name in that string. GL HF.
I deleted my old saves and started from scratch and I used the 0.7FINAL mod and it worked. thank you so much the game opens normally now

Hinomura

Jul 27, 2020
please,mod for 0,8:D
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-jdmod-0-7final-johndupont.76087/page-5#post-5843289

Last time I updated this thread early, it got deleted. Sorry if it isn't up-to-date...

Saves aren't compatible between modded and unmodded versions.

The mod is forward compatible and will switch to the unmodded version automatically upon reaching the end of the modded content.
You can also switch manually from one version to the other at the start of each Chapter:
View attachment 1217675

The save name used to indicate either it was made on the modded version or not but I had to change it when I added the save description and didn't find a way to bring it back.

Should answer your request :)

Reactions: JohnDupont

Assfacee

Dec 12, 2019
While I was in chapter 4 I got this error, can someone please help

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 7, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 10, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 11, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 12, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 37, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 96, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 99, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 105, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 106, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 107, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 109, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 109, in keywords
KeyError: u'bdick'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/scenes/chapter_4.rpyc", line 3203, in script
    ��2/c���^�0'ہV�Պ�q���[6�������7wF��3����7Q�B�[&�ө෥�?�sl��w5��������q�p���A�>7��a�R>↽
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1605, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 966, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1185, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\username\Desktop\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 10, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 11, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 12, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 37, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 96, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 99, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 105, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 106, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 107, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 109, in execute
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/JD_keyboard.rpy", line 109, in keywords
  File "<screen language>", line 110, in <module>
KeyError: u'bdick'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Our Red String v0.7
Mon May 31 17:49:08 2021

Reactions: JohnDupont

BigSexy57

Apr 13, 2019
But one week it is for 0.8 beta. Then 0.8 final will come out, with huge amount of content for nowadays standarts (2 pictures), so it will need some time to update this mod till 0.8 final state, right? Then it will be posted for patreons. Then - those who wish to test it just for a 1st time - need to wait another week? So we are talking about math like: week after patreon posted 0.8 beta JDmod + X time of waiting\delays for 0.8 final game + Y time waiting JD update mod + week after posting for patreons to become public.
Ok, with the force of mind am forgeting about it, just set the alarm in handheld, see ya in 2 months i guess. ^_^

Reactions: amirhosein2322

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
But one week it is for 0.8 beta. Then 0.8 final will come out, with huge amount of content for nowadays standarts (2 pictures), so it will need some time to update this mod till 0.8 final state, right? Then it will be posted for patreons. Then - those who wish to test it just for a 1st time - need to wait another week? So we are talking about math like: week after patreon posted 0.8 beta JDmod + X time of waiting\delays for 0.8 final game + Y time waiting JD update mod + week after posting for patreons to become public.
Ok, with the force of mind am forgeting about it, just set the alarm in handheld, see ya in 2 months i guess. ^_^
JD puts in work by reversing the game and coding his mod. He releases everything for free within a week, while Patrons get early access to it.
Each version's mod is prepared in 24-48h since version is released, then posted for free after a week.

When Eva updates the game, it still remains 0.8 (Alpha/Beta/Final) releases. Most of the content are almost the same, just with minor additions and/or bugfixes. You can access almost all of the major events with 0.8A + JDMOD which should be available in a while.

I don't think the current system is anything if not lenient.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
JD puts in work by reversing the game and coding his mod. He releases everything for free within a week, while Patrons get early access to it.
Each version's mod is prepared in 24-48h since version is released, then posted for free after a week.

When Eva updates the game, it still remains 0.8 (Alpha/Beta/Final) releases. Most of the content are almost the same, just with minor additions and/or bugfixes. You can access almost all of the major events with 0.8A + JDMOD which should be available in a while.

I don't think the current system is anything if not lenient.
You said it all, except I can't release the ALPHA version in 24-48h because that's the time it takes to update the mod and I need to sleep.

keeper95

Jun 22, 2020
When you download JDmod open the 7z file like you would open any zip file.
Inside you will find a folder called JDMOD+RenpyUpdate.
Go inside that folder and here you will find 2 folders, game and rempy.
Copy game folder over the game folder inside the Red String game. Don't copy the Renpy folder.
That's it.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
lmao paywalled mods...

ffs

Can't believe all the spoiled children in this thread.
Yeah it's about being spoiled, rather than resisting scabs that are trying to take what has always been a community interaction and turning it into a business opportunity. Modding has for decades been done out of a shared passion for a game and the community built up around it. By the community, and for the community. Not for money.

Want money for your work? Get a job. Make your own game. Don't want to put into the effort without monetary gain? Who's forcing you?

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes