Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.3.2b] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Personally, I don't think alpha should ever be released to public, just members who understand the bugs they will most likely encounter as there's a reason it is called "alpha".

I usually avoid alpha versions and just wait longer. Plenty to play. :)

sum_guy008

Aug 31, 2021
New to this thread. I followed the instructions to add the mod to the game (extracted the archive and placed the JDMOD folder in the game folder), but I don't see the JDMOD gallery, only the regular gallery that the game already comes with. I see the JDMOD options within the game's pause menu, but I don't see any colors/tooltips for any of the dialogue choices either. What am I doing wrong?
1722381082584.png
1722381122740.png
1722381144700.png

Reactions: JohnDupont

Insantien

Feb 10, 2023
Hey,
I have been playing 12.2.Alpha with the latest JDMod for a while. Suddenly today i got this traceback error when loading a save. (same issue with any save, any chapter, auto/quick/manual save). Any idea why and what i can do?

(i have deleted the persistent file)

ORS_error.JPG

Last edited:

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Hey,
I have been playing 12.2.Alpha with the latest JDMod for a while. Suddenly today i got this traceback error when loading a save. (same issue with any save, any chapter, auto/quick/manual save). Any idea why and what i can do?

View attachment 3894085
Game version is now 12. 3 Beta you will see that on your traceback dude.

Insantien

Feb 10, 2023
Game version is now 12. 3 Beta you will see that on your traceback dude.
He obviously downloaded the LATEST version of the game without noticing and somehow applied an outdated mod and expected it to have no issues... :WaitWhat: :FacePalm:
the snapshot is from after having downloaded 12.3, but issue persists in 12.2.A

is the Mod updated for the latest game update?

Kindly respond w/o sarcasm! as it is have blue balls...

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Hey,

View attachment 3894085
Rollback.

I believe this issue is in the FAQ.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
New to this thread. I followed the instructions to add the mod to the game (extracted the archive and placed the JDMOD folder in the game folder), but I don't see the JDMOD gallery, only the regular gallery that the game already comes with. I see the JDMOD options within the game's pause menu, but I don't see any colors/tooltips for any of the dialogue choices either. What am I doing wrong?
View attachment 3884079
View attachment 3884080
View attachment 3884083
The JDMOD no longer include a gallery (since the dev made one).
The In-Game Guide is only active when playing the game.

Hey,

View attachment 3894085
It should be same problem as this one from the FAQ:
1722970750998.png

Harbringer

Nov 17, 2017
Hey just got the new update off Patreon and unfortunately it didn't switch to the new 12.3 full, could we get a fix for this please?

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
The mod will be updated with the full release of the game, right guys ?
hopefully an update is in the work.
I'm on it. Release this Sunday.
Hey just got the new update off Patreon and unfortunately it didn't switch to the new 12.3 full, could we get a fix for this please?
The mod will switch to the unmodded version automatically at the end of a chapter. Sadly, it can't work when prologues and epiloques are released.
You'd need to load a save from the end of chapter 12 and switch the unmodded version manually to see the new content.
Why it got removed from the "extras" on the game thread?
Might be due to one of post in this thread being deleted due to containing a 'link to a paywall' . After reading the F95 rules, I thought it was OK to post a link to the new update in a thread dedicated to the mod ; it wasn't. Won't to it again, I'm glad this thread didn't get deleted again.

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
I'm on it. Release this Sunday.

The mod will switch to the unmodded version automatically at the end of a chapter. Sadly, it can't work when prologues and epiloques are released.
You'd need to load a save from the end of chapter 12 and switch the unmodded version manually to see the new content.

Might be due to one of post in this thread being deleted due to containing a 'link to a paywall' . After reading the F95 rules, I thought it was OK to post a link to the new update in a thread dedicated to the mod ; it wasn't. Won't to it again, I'm glad this thread didn't get deleted again.
Thank you, will be waiting patiently for your work.

Reactions: N0nsens3

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Could also be because there was a new update to the game out for >1 month without the mod being updated, which makes the mod look abandoned if the staff don't bother to dig into the thread and see your new update policy. When you release the update, it might be a good idea to edit the OP and put "updates for full versions only, public release one week after Patreon" in large font bold all-caps at the top right under the stat block, before you report the link in the game thread's OP. (As a bonus, might cut off a lot of stupid questions in this thread on top of keeping the link from getting deleted from the game thread.)

Last edited:

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Could also be because there was a new update to the game out for >1 month without the mod being updated, which makes the mod look abandoned if the staff don't bother to dig into the thread and see your new update policy. When you release the update, it might be a good idea to edit the OP and put "updates for full versions only, public release one week after Patreon" in large font bold all-caps at the top right under the stat block, before you report the link in the game thread's OP. (As a bonus, might cut off a lot of stupid questions in this thread on top of keeping the link from getting deleted from the game thread.)
  1. I believe this is covered by the 1st question in the FAQ. I'm open to suggestions if you believe it could be phrased in a better way ;
  2. I have no idea what you mean by 'before you report the link in the game thread's OP'.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I tried to do route where Cindy cheats on Wade with Ian, but also Ian tries to keep them together and it's bloody hard! The first time I got option for Cindy and Wade to try and boost their relationship it was already unavailable I'm guessing because I had few too many Cindy points. Am I just too nice to her, am I forced to screech at her for grabbing a beer and kick her ass at billiard, smh... :D But I am thankful this mod exists because on a raw playthrough I would totally miss all these valuable details.

• Love
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes