DAIMOND

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2022
The game is now updated to Pre-Alpha 2!

For this version, I've fulfilled my main goal of adding childbirth & childcare system, oral scenes, and hand scenes. Additionally, I've listened to your criticisms and improved the UI screens for week/month planning, outfit management, and character creator screens. Speaking of which...

I've also added various things that you requested. Such as the ability to create a custom character, then import them as an NPC. The world generation settings, where you can configure how many herm NPCs will be generated, what races they are, their pronouns, etc. A toggleable option for anal pregnancy. And many more to come!

If you'd like to report bugs, give feedback, offer suggestions, or just chat, you can contact me on my discord and/or my game thread. You will also see my daily progress report on Discord.

You can read more about childbirth & childcare
You can read more about character creator & import

For the next update, the main content will be Romance & Marriage system. Which will be finished between August 26th and September 12th. So please stay tuned.

Thank you for playing 'OverSoul' and have fun.

Note: The new UI screens will most likely look like shit on monitors with different screen resolutions than mine, although they are functional otherwise. I hope to fix this problem in the next update as well.

Last edited:

The_Thinker

Oct 12, 2021
How about an option for the player to build up a harem (though how big the option can depend on where the playing is living). Maybe incorporate exhibitionist options or event encounters with NPCs doing it. If the harem option is approved then those in the harem supports the player character if they have a job. Maybe grant minor jobs the player can do that could lead to interesting encounters like babysitter or personal tutor.

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Great job so far, all the stuff added is right on my alley, game is turning out to be very promising. Cheers to the dev, very impressive what you did so far in pre-alpha!

Reactions: DAIMOND

muoto8900

Jul 7, 2018
My overall opinion for this game is it feels very robotic. The way that you set up your week, the wording that is used when interacting with others ("You asked about ...sexuality"), and even the sexual scenes felt lifeless. I feel like the game could be very interesting but the robotic nature of the interactions kills it for me in its current state.

Bugs I came across:

1. While making my char as a male when I got to the appearance tab it still said I had breasts even though the appearance/privates tab didn't allow me to change this. I had to change to fem or herm to set the breast level then change back to male.

2. The Title section for the left and right toolbars would change font size often and would most of the time be too big to read what it said.

3. Even though I set that I was fine with both genders/ genetials the game was set that I preferred penis to vagina.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
The world generation settings, where you can configure how many herm NPCs will be generated, what races they are, their pronouns, etc. A toggleable option for anal pregnancy. And many more to come!
Just a heads up for people from what I've learned, you need to set the world gen settings, then close and reopen the game for the settings to load in.

PirataS

May 10, 2019
You see, haven't downloaded it yet, but the game seems interesting.
Though I'm sure there's already a game called OverSoul out there.

jbomb

Dec 28, 2017
Just curious; Are you planning to add some images? Maybe generic scenes, or just character images? Obviously still 95% text based.

Nemo de Nemo

Jul 30, 2020
"sex, sexuality, and genital attraction" (Taken from first screenshot)
Wait, why are there 3 toggles for the sex stuffs? Isn't genital attraction defined by sexuality or am I missing something?

Also, and this is more so morbid curiosity, but with the potential for pronouns to not reflect the sex of the character (if I'm understanding what was said in the forum correctly), will there be the possibility for some npcs to react negatively to such a discrepency, similar to a hermaphrodite character in Degrees of Lewdity?

Alvera

Aug 23, 2017
Is there any way to save edit, mainly for more money? Also, are there any jobs besides cleaning and farming?

Haruhiiro

Jun 26, 2021
After changing world generator settings, the world, that was supposed to generate towards saved settings still generate as default. btw theres a small typo "Generatior"

edit: wanted to know if it's a bug or just I don't know how to properly change settings

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
After changing world generator settings, the world, that was supposed to generate towards saved settings still generate as default. btw theres a small typo "Generatior"

edit: wanted to know if it's a bug or just I don't know how to properly change settings
Close and reopen. The game appears to set world settings on launch and not when you change the setting itself. So you have to change the world settings then close and reopen to get them to apply.

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
Wait, why are there 3 toggles for the sex stuffs? Isn't genital attraction defined by sexuality or am I missing something?

Also, and this is more so morbid curiosity, but with the potential for pronouns to not reflect the sex of the character (if I'm understanding what was said in the forum correctly), will there be the possibility for some npcs to react negatively to such a discrepency, similar to a hermaphrodite character in Degrees of Lewdity?
From checking out the character creation, these are related to femininity and what kind of genitals a character has, so that'll be taken into account when characters check others out. So for example, here we have a male character that is very feminine. So now a character will take into account what they know about this one character and determine if they're into them or not (do they like penises? do they like femininity? if so then they're into feminine males, and so on).

I personally like this system, much more realistic than some other games. (Not looking for realism in this game, just saying that some games think that if you're male, then you're a hairy bara wall of muscle and beard, and that's it. And if you're female, then you're gonna be a cinderella figure or barbie figure. I'm Bi and i hate those two things with a passion. O.O ) + Points for Gryffindor (y)

Edit1: Checked out a lot of stuff from the game's discord, you can infer from some of the upcoming features the dev has planned that yeah, npc reactions are probably gonna be a thing, since there's gonna be factions, banditry and a lof of other complex stuff.

Last edited:

DAIMOND

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2022
How about an option for the player to build up a harem (though how big the option can depend on where the playing is living). Maybe incorporate exhibitionist options or event encounters with NPCs doing it. If the harem option is approved then those in the harem supports the player character if they have a job. Maybe grant minor jobs the player can do that could lead to interesting encounters like babysitter or personal tutor.
Harem could be added as a potential feature, perhaps during Alpha. Random event system is already planned and will be added at around Pre-Alpha 3-4. Babysitter will most likely get added around this time as well.

My overall opinion for this game is it feels very robotic. The way that you set up your week, the wording that is used when interacting with others ("You asked about ...sexuality"), and even the sexual scenes felt lifeless. I feel like the game could be very interesting but the robotic nature of the interactions kills it for me in its current state.

Bugs I came across:

1. While making my char as a male when I got to the appearance tab it still said I had breasts even though the appearance/privates tab didn't allow me to change this. I had to change to fem or herm to set the breast level then change back to male.

2. The Title section for the left and right toolbars would change font size often and would most of the time be too big to read what it said.

3. Even though I set that I was fine with both genders/ genetials the game was set that I preferred penis to vagina.
I can see why you'd feel that the interactions are robotic. Although fixing this would be quite difficult, I think a good start would be to write up a bunch of NPC responses based on their trait combinations (e.g. proud+unpleasant, proud+nice, proud+shy, proud+shy+nice, etc.). If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

However, I'm not quite sure why you thought the sex scenes felt lifeless. I thought a lot of things about the sex scenes but 'lifeless' had never even crossed my mind. Perhaps it's related to the first issue where the interaction felt robotic? I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on this.

These bugs will be fixed. Thanks for the report.

will there be pictures added?
Just curious; Are you planning to add some images? Maybe generic scenes, or just character images? Obviously still 95% text based.
If you mean custom pictures, then you can already import them in-game as a character's profile image (Overview->Set image). If you mean pre-generated pictures, then it will be quite...difficult, considering how many options you have for physical customization. I could probably add it, but not anytime soon.

For some reason I keep crashing whenever the game is loaded for more then a couple seconds. Is there a reason for this?
The game keeps closing on me.... not sure why.... are the any solutions?
The game will outright refuse to run if:
1. You're using an OS other than Windows.
2. You're not using Windows 10 or higher.
3. You're trying to run the game on network shares rather than on a physical drive.
Let me know if your circumstances meet any of these criteria.

avast keeps pinging it as a threat for me.
It is a false positive, so you can safely allow it on your device. Apparently, many hackers used Python exe compiler to build their malware. This causes some antiviruses to flag completely innocent software like mine as malicious simply because it uses a compilation method similar to those malware.

It could become a possibility in the future, maybe sometimes during Pre-Alpha. For now, every single character has a unique sense that allows them to figure out what genital(s) someone has at first glance.

Is there any way to save edit, mainly for more money? Also, are there any jobs besides cleaning and farming?
There WAS going to be a way to edit any aspect of a character, including money, in the debugging menu for this update. But this got cut due to time constraints. For the second question - you can choose what job you'll get by changing location (you can only get a soldier job at the barracks, for example).

When you finish creating the character and finishing it, the game will close :/
What options did you set during character creation? And did you manage to replicate it or is this just a one-time thing? If you do, then please save the character settings and send it to me.

Thank you for all the replies.

RavenDG34

Jan 21, 2017
Was having sex, she stopped sex and then my character came and it gave no options at that point, no dialog or buttons soft-locking the game. I'm guessing if there's no current activity it doesn't know where to ask you to cum.

Opening the settings and going back seemed to fix it and it had the "Their turn" button and said ">>> (You) Orgasm ". But then after their action it was soft locked with "You're coming" again, until I repeated. I'm guessing it couldn't finish the cum action so it kept trying.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes