Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
The animations are pretty good, considering it's just moving and swapping static image layers without any prerendered videos or gifs. Have you investigated, if RPGM has any plugins for morphing 2D meshes, 2D skeletal animations or something similar?

zerinis

Oct 22, 2017
The combat depth is pretty interesting, just a few issue I have with it, mainly native multi hit weapons. The time to make a single attack is very long because you are doing the animation several times with damage between. This also causes a potentially unwanted increase in damage and AP per turn when combined with high damage boost rings. Making multi hit weapons act like an ability with multiple hits might be a good way to fix the issue of multiplying ap gain.

I took out the current final boss and area(s) with the shankers switchblade(3 hits basic attacks), soul shield, shadow shroud and two bone dusts. Basic attacks yield 15 ap per turn if they hit, have +40% critical rate with that setup. I can heal up and buff my crit rate further without expending a turn, while clearing a few status effects. Then gain it back without using the intended abilities. And since I hsve the soul shield I can use magic to heal between battles for "free". Kiva just takes a side line now and is constantly guarding as a sort of damage spreader/sponge. Enemies even later on right now don't deal enough damage to require more defensive armaments. Stacking offense makes things a lot smoother.

The AP economy is a bit off right now in several ways. It might be better to distribute AP at the beginning of an action rather than upon success to allow for more consistency and control of the gains a bit more. Right now you have weird things like kiva's "slimopolooza" ability costs 35 ap to activate but will gain back 15 ap rendering the total cost 20 AP, I would removing the AP gain, especially with how much mp they gain anyways allows for high flexibility.

Speaking of weird abilities, dragon's gaze doesn't live up to it's cost or name. It only deals slightly more damage than double strike but costs 2.5* as much(I can get 4.5k crits with it vs 2k crits with double strike). Making it deal as much damage as a triple strike with a potentially slightly higher crit rate would make it quite a competitive ability for it's cost using the reckless swing/triple swing as the base metric.

Similarly, precise and elemental slash abilities should probably replace their original versions as a kind of upgraded version, as they are right now, their costs make them not really worth it. Absorb willpower could be an upgraded form of concentration, since concentrations ability priority doesn't matter much and the ap gain between the two is only 10 AP, meaning there is no reason to ever use concentration unless you depleted all of your ap due to a lapse of attention

A good example of an variably useful upgraded version ability would probably be chi recovery/soulcleanse at costs twice as much but provides nearly twice the healing and a few status recoveries as well, but can be overkill at times.

And the final thing, using an instant ability should prevent you from using AP generating abilities for that turn. This is so you can't just cheese things with soul cleanse into absorb willpower gaining back 60% hp+ and being net positive for 10 AP that turn.

Paccsu

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2018
The combat depth is pretty interesting, just a few issue I have with it, mainly native multi hit weapons. The time to make a single attack is very long because you are doing the animation several times with damage between. This also causes a potentially unwanted increase in damage and AP per turn when combined with high damage boost rings. Making multi hit weapons act like an ability with multiple hits might be a good way to fix the issue of multiplying ap gain.

I took out the current final boss and area(s) with the shankers switchblade(3 hits basic attacks), soul shield, shadow shroud and two bone dusts. Basic attacks yield 15 ap per turn if they hit, have +40% critical rate with that setup. I can heal up and buff my crit rate further without expending a turn, while clearing a few status effects. Then gain it back without using the intended abilities. And since I hsve the soul shield I can use magic to heal between battles for "free". Kiva just takes a side line now and is constantly guarding as a sort of damage spreader/sponge. Enemies even later on right now don't deal enough damage to require more defensive armaments. Stacking offense makes things a lot smoother.

The AP economy is a bit off right now in several ways. It might be better to distribute AP at the beginning of an action rather than upon success to allow for more consistency and control of the gains a bit more. Right now you have weird things like kiva's "slimopolooza" ability costs 35 ap to activate but will gain back 15 ap rendering the total cost 20 AP, I would removing the AP gain, especially with how much mp they gain anyways allows for high flexibility.

Speaking of weird abilities, dragon's gaze doesn't live up to it's cost or name. It only deals slightly more damage than double strike but costs 2.5* as much(I can get 4.5k crits with it vs 2k crits with double strike). Making it deal as much damage as a triple strike with a potentially slightly higher crit rate would make it quite a competitive ability for it's cost using the reckless swing/triple swing as the base metric.

Similarly, precise and elemental slash abilities should probably replace their original versions as a kind of upgraded version, as they are right now, their costs make them not really worth it. Absorb willpower could be an upgraded form of concentration, since concentrations ability priority doesn't matter much and the ap gain between the two is only 10 AP, meaning there is no reason to ever use concentration unless you depleted all of your ap due to a lapse of attention

A good example of an variably useful upgraded version ability would probably be chi recovery/soulcleanse at costs twice as much but provides nearly twice the healing and a few status recoveries as well, but can be overkill at times.

And the final thing, using an instant ability should prevent you from using AP generating abilities for that turn. This is so you can't just cheese things with soul cleanse into absorb willpower gaining back 60% hp+ and being net positive for 10 AP that turn.
Thanks for the helpful points. There are still alot of things I need to work on. Now I am just experimenting and see how the powers will work out in battle. Some things are overpowered like Critical Hits and the Instant Heals, but I'll get it right eventually...

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i was just going to through out some of my thought's how about a three some with the blond and kriva and num num little joke there. you could also make a scene with the old cleaning man and the three girl's are something. but what evey you do i think will be cool. mybe going a little bonkers here but how about a scene where some one banges the sleeping dragon girl lol

Movikx

Oct 23, 2018
hi there, I think that I find a BUG. That happen when i tried to fight against a slime and a monster in the mansion

CrimsonDevil

Mar 4, 2019
hi there, I think that I find a BUG. That happen when i tried to fight against a slime and a monster in the mansion
Are you using a save from a previous version? The issue has been listed and the dev said that saves from v0.12 or earlier won't work properly because of the fancy HUD he implemented. I had the same problem and I ended up playing with anew game.

Reactions: Movikx

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
People first complained about the scenes being too short, which I agreed with. The scenes are now longer, but it's not like you have to watch them everytime, you can skip em all when you have witnessed the scene atleast once (Or pushed the button in the gallery).

I am going to revisit all the scenes once I figure out how to do the looping properly to give the player full control.
I would suggest just using the timing on the slime BJ for the other BJs, as it struck a nice balance. Most of the scenes are timed fine I figure, it's just the ones I pointed out as being egregious, as there's a very noticably longer period with those ones.

Movikx

Oct 23, 2018
Are you using a save from a previous version? The issue has been listed and the dev said that saves from v0.12 or earlier won't work properly because of the fancy HUD he implemented. I had the same problem and I ended up playing with anew game.
Oh shit, well, thanks man

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes