RPGM Complete [PAID ChatGPT Translation Request] My Secret Summer Vacation 2

Hige92

Jun 10, 2019
here is the 1.0.6 ver . but the animations still in not sync with the sound and i dont know why but the animations are too slow......

Reactions: Nikosun and Valila

fasol87

Jul 14, 2017
Here, have a save. Decided to do it myself.
The full gallery is unlocked.
Save 2 is endless mode. You can customize the story characters there, save, and then go to gallery to see all the events with modified looks.
YESSSSSSSSS

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Alright, picking it up. Can someone confirm/fix this list of characters and their genders before I do all the dialogue?

1. Male - 'ボク' (Boku)
2. Male - 'ボスくん' (Boss-kun)
3. Male - 'ハカセくん' (Hakase-kun)
4. Male - 'ボウシくん' (Boushi-kun)
5. Male - 'ユウくん' (Yu-kun)
6. Female - 'さっちゃん' (Satchan)
7. Female - 'ナナちゃん' (Nana-chan)
8. Female - 'お姉さん' (Older sister)
9. Female - 'ミカちゃん' (Mika-chan)
10. Male - 'おじいさん' (Grandfather)
11. Female - 'おばちゃん' (Aunt)
12. Male - '男の子' (Boy)
13. Male - '男の子' (Boy)
14. Male - '男の子たち' (Boys)
15. Female - '美大生のお姉さん' (Art school older sister)
16. Female - 'お姉ちゃん' (Older sister)
17. Female - 'お店のお姉さん' (Shop girl)
18. Female - 'おばさん' (Aunt)
19. Female - 'おばあさん' (Grandmother)
20. Female - '女の子' (Girl)
21. Female - 'ユウコちゃん' (Yuko-chan)
22. Gender unclear - 'ジェシー' (Jesse) - Can be either male or female.
23. Female - 'スイちゃん' (Sui-chan)
24. Gender unclear - 'みんな' (Everyone)
25. Gender unclear - '二人' (Two people)
26. Male - '男' (Man)
27. Female - 'おねちゃん' (Older sister)

Tabszoid

May 23, 2022
Alright, picking it up. Can someone confirm/fix this list of characters and their genders before I do all the dialogue?

1. Male - 'ボク' (Boku)
2. Male - 'ボスくん' (Boss-kun)
3. Male - 'ハカセくん' (Hakase-kun)
4. Male - 'ボウシくん' (Boushi-kun)
5. Male - 'ユウくん' (Yu-kun)
6. Female - 'さっちゃん' (Satchan)
7. Female - 'ナナちゃん' (Nana-chan)
9. Female - 'ミカちゃん' (Mika-chan)
10. Male - 'おじいさん' (Grandfather)
11. Female - 'おばちゃん' (Aunt)
12. Male - '男の子' (Boy)
13. Male - '男の子' (Boy)
14. Male - '男の子たち' (Boys)
15. Female - '美大生のお姉さん' (Art school older sister)
17. Female - 'お店のお姉さん' (Shop girl)
18. Female - 'おばさん' (Aunt)
19. Female - 'おばあさん' (Grandmother)
20. Female - '女の子' (Girl)
21. Female - 'ユウコちゃん' (Yuko-chan)
22. Gender unclear - 'ジェシー' (Jesse) - Can be either male or female.
23. Female - 'スイちゃん' (Sui-chan)
24. Gender unclear - 'みんな' (Everyone)
25. Gender unclear - '二人' (Two people)
26. Male - '男' (Man)
Heh, typical shota game with many kinds of older sister/big sister characters.

I don't wanna be demanding, but can you by chance retain the original honorifics/suffixes instead of using "older sister". Makes it better to characterize them all.

From speculation,

Seems like a generalized used of the older sister, since it uses the Kanji "姉" and the suffix is "-san". Which also means this character is still in unfamiliar phase and referring her as "Older sister" in general with a polite connotation.

This one still uses the Kanji, but uses the "-chan" suffix, so I'm guessing the intimacy is closer but not close enough to be that personal.

I still don't get how Japanese just outright change the Kanji "姉" to the hiragana "ね", and see that as more intimate is beyond me. The pronunciation is the same, but without using the Kanji, this character is much more intimate to the point where her name is internalized is THE Onee-chan. Not just Onee-chan in general...

Other than that, I think "21. Female - 'ユウコちゃん' (Yuko-chan)" should be "Yuuko-chan", since it has the extending "ウ" after "Yu"

Everything else is fine and dandy.

Last edited:

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Heh, typical shota game with many kinds of older sister/big sister characters.

I don't wanna be demanding, but can you by chance retain the original honorifics/suffixes instead of using "older sister". Makes it better to characterize them all.

From speculation,

Seems like a generalized used of the older sister, since it uses the Kanji. Which also means this character is still in unfamiliar phase and referring her as "Older sister" in general.

This one still uses the Kanji, but uses the "-chan" suffix, so I'm guessing the intimacy is closer but not close enough to be that personal.

I still don't get how Japanese just outright change the Kanji "姉" to the hiragana "ね", and see that as more intimate is beyond me. The pronunciation is the same, but without using the Kanji, this character is much more intimate to the point where her name is internalized is THE Onee-chan. Not just Onee-chan in general...

Other than that, I think "21. Female - 'ユウコちゃん' (Yuko-chan)" should be "Yuuko-chan", since it has the extending "ウ" after "Yu"

Everything else is fine and dandy.
The -chan suffix should be maintained for this one. If not, a Find/Replace works well enough on it. Doubt any of the subtleties of 'older sister' vs 'THE older sister' is going to be maintained though. Thanks!

Tabszoid

May 23, 2022
Yeah, that kinda subtlety can only be noticed if someone can read Japanese nuances and specifics enough. Plus, I doubt it looks good to call character 27 as "THE (Thee) Onee-chan" just for specifying sake. Shame really, this is the most straightforward way to match the original Japanese nuance. But it looks so forced in, it might as well not be there.

In any case, good luck on that translation (y)

Reactions: dazedanon