Sep 30, 2017
For what it's worth, I checked some of the other downloads for the game and they seem to be the same files. Both of the exe files get flagged on Virustotal, but not the same hits I'm also in the process of checking the Japanese 7.1 files to see if they get flagged (Edit: they also got flagged and like the english version, the two exe files get a different number of hits), but I get the feeling they will because I checked out the trial from DLSite directly and Virustotal flagged the exe in the zip as being flagged by 2 vendors.

There's a few possibilities here.
1. The game has been infected from a third party. Since the files are all the same across different downloads, perhaps each site got their download from somewhere that infected it.

2. The game has been infected by the developer. It's not impossible but one would think that DLSite would probably have their own checks to ensure that their customers don't become infected from their website. However it is very unlikely.

3. The flags are false positives. This is the most likely case. What I think happened was that something in the engine the developer used for this game gets falsely flagged as malicious. The trial also getting flagged is another reason why I believe this to be the case. I don't think the developer infected the game because it's not in their best interest to do so, and the game has been on DLsite for 7 years and in that timespan has sold around 22,000 across both english and Japanese versions.

I also doubt that the download has been infected by a third party since from what I can tell, all of these downloads are from the same day the latest update released, which is on 2017-12-22. Or at least, that is the date shown when viewing the rar file from hentaibedta. Just like DLSite, I didn't see any comments about an infection on there. And I didn't see one on any of the other sites where one could download the game.

Last edited:

Bambourex

Jan 3, 2024
On the off-chance that it is not a false positive but an actual true positive, is there any hope to see this fixed or is it the final product (since the game is now "completed") ?

big_man

Jan 4, 2020
For what it's worth, I checked some of the other downloads for the game and they seem to be the same files. Both of the exe files get flagged on Virustotal, but not the same hits I'm also in the process of checking the Japanese 7.1 files to see if they get flagged (Edit: they also got flagged and like the english version, the two exe files get a different number of hits), but I get the feeling they will because I checked out the trial from DLSite directly and Virustotal flagged the exe in the zip as being flagged by 2 vendors.

There's a few possibilities here.
1. The game has been infected from a third party. Since the files are all the same across different downloads, perhaps each site got their download from somewhere that infected it.

2. The game has been infected by the developer. It's not impossible but one would think that DLSite would probably have their own checks to ensure that their customers don't become infected from their website. However it is very unlikely.

3. The flags are false positives. This is the most likely case. What I think happened was that something in the engine the developer used for this game gets falsely flagged as malicious. The trial also getting flagged is another reason why I believe this to be the case. I don't think the developer infected the game because it's not in their best interest to do so, and the game has been on DLsite for 7 years and in that timespan has sold around 22,000 across both english and Japanese versions.

I also doubt that the download has been infected by a third party since from what I can tell, all of these downloads are from the same day the latest update released, which is on 2017-12-22. Or at least, that is the date shown when viewing the rar file from hentaibedta. Just like DLSite, I didn't see any comments about an infection on there. And I didn't see one on any of the other sites where one could download the game.
So, it's most likely a false positive, yes? Kinda concerned about the supposed "keylogger" that showed up on VirusTotal. The FusionCore thing is fine to me.

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes