Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Ha, who knows, in the next update Sophia could have her own points to be gained. ;) Unlike some other characters we see, Sophia is at least on the main character list. It is just the thing to make TD1900 aware that a Sophia Lundgren romance path would be a nice brushed against the flow path!
I know that most probably we will not see a Sophia LI path, but it would be great if it would come into PC.
I guess it is just the nature of guys everywhere, that pretty much every decent looking female character should be available as an "LI" for the MC, regardless of how many and how well written and designed actual LIs there already are in the game.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As mentioned before, it would be an interesting change of style if we could pursue Sophia Lundgren and break through the ice around her heart. Romancing her a very different thing and way to go compared to e.g. Hana, Felicia or Mina.
I wish you good luck in your quest, but I fear it may be an impossible one. I don't think that's ice around Sophia's heart, I think that is her heart. She's not a delicate soul that walled herself off from the world because she cares too much, she's an extremely intellectual woman with a staggering degree of self-awareness. She has a very rational, highly abstracted approach to pretty much everything and the MC is no exception.

That's not to say Sophia couldn't fall in love (though I'd bet heavily against it happening), but even if she does it won't lead to an overwhelming passion for the MC. It will be a pleasant familiarity she and the MC share as they go about doing whatever it was they were going to anyway. Love would be just another intellectual exercise for her, even if her feelings are sincere.

That's my take, for all that it's worth.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
... We're on Week 3...

The game is supposed to wrap up by the end on Week 4... This is a very interesting month. To say you want to add Sophia to it seems to be incredibly ambitious when it took two years to get one project with Felicia going.

Sure it can happen, but...

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I guess it is just the nature of guys everywhere, that pretty much every decent looking female character should be available as an "LI" for the MC, regardless of how many and how well written and designed actual LIs there already are in the game.
It certainly helps that Sophia Lungren looks really good, but in this case it is more the special challenge a personality like her brings to the table. Romanicing her would be, as said before, different from the standard.

wish you good luck in your quest, but I fear it may be an impossible one. I don't think that's ice around Sophia's heart, I think that is her heart. She's not a delicate soul that walled herself off from the world because she cares too much, she's an extremely intellectual woman with a staggering degree of self-awareness. She has a very rational, highly abstracted approach to pretty much everything and the MC is no exception.
That's not to say Sophia couldn't fall in love (though I'd bet heavily against it happening), but even if she does it won't lead to an overwhelming passion for the MC. It will be a pleasant familiarity she and the MC share as they go about doing whatever it was they were going to anyway. Love would be just another intellectual exercise for her, even if her feelings are sincere.

That's my take, for all that it's worth.
A nice and observant point of view here, thanks! I actually agree with you on some parts, I am not blind to the situation and the characters. I speculate that a relationship of Sophia and the MC would be a quite a bit more passionate than you estimate, since we see what can happen in the blue room event and a person willing to do a gangbang to test an invention on herself surely has enough passion and kinkiness for her significant other.:) Still, I agree with you that a lot of their hypothetical relationship would be the "pleasant familiarity" you propose, if with some unusual rituals, hobbies and bedroom "stuff" due to the characters involved.
As mentioned several times before, romancing Sophia Lundgren would be a refreshing difference from the more "normal" dating sim paths. Still we can be glad with the LIs we already got, they all have their perks/flaws and are nicely done characters, esp. in an erotic game.

Reactions: ename144

GoWFO

Nov 28, 2022
But then again, some of the people he's cavorting with are possible war criminals and arms dealers, so how dumb can you be? Don't go sticking your nose 20 feet from anybody's shit, idiot. :KEK:
I have a feeling the my choices in playing Edwin, has him already being fitted with cement shoes... :unsure::cry:

lkjhgfdfghjkl

Jul 1, 2021
Alice romance path when? One is a sadist with a formerly slutty mother he can't fuck, the other is a masochist with an educated but distant son and a preference for young men.

Soulmates :HideThePain:

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
So, is anybody else obsessed with more non-LI girls?

Doesn't anyone think that Edwin should start a love story with a club girl? become a love rival with our Vincenzo tenor?

Anyone? :sneaky:
I won't lie I was actually looking forward to spending more time with Dalia or Harper but if the plan is still relevant we are nearing the end of the whole adventure. So I guess I'll stay on my "relationship with Hana, best buddies with Vero" path and ride it out. It's a shame. Could have played this for another 3 years and the possibilities wouldn't run dry. :cautious:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I won't lie I was actually looking forward to spending more time with Dalia or Harper but if the plan is still relevant we are nearing the end of the whole adventure. So I guess I'll stay on my "relationship with Hana, best buddies with Vero" path and ride it out. It's a shame. Could have played this for another 3 years and the possibilities wouldn't run dry. :cautious:
How is that? I think we're starting week 3, so we have to see week 3 and week 4 plus the aftermatch of the Carnation competition. So we aren't halfway there I think.

Reactions: Ottoeight

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
How is that? I think we're starting week 3, so we have to see week 3 and week 4 plus the aftermatch of the Carnation competition. So it we aren't halfway there I think.
Yep. Last update ends when Edwin wakes up on wednesday morning. So, we still have a long road ahead.

Reactions: Ragnar

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
How is that? I think we're starting week 3, so we have to see week 3 and week 4 plus the aftermatch of the Carnation competition. So we aren't halfway there I think.
I might be off on this but every ingame week felt like more or less 2 updates to me. So we would have 2 for week 3, 2 for week 4 and maybe an aftermath.
So I'd guess we're well past the halfway point.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I might be off on this but every ingame week felt like more or less 2 updates to me. So we would have 2 for week 3, 2 for week 4 and maybe an aftermath.
Not 1000% sure, but last update covered "what happens on 3rd week, tuesday". Penultimate update covered "what happens on 3rd week, monday". I'd be surprised if the next update covers more than wednesday events.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Right now we're down to one day per update and those weren't even days with a show. If I remember correctly TD wrote a few months ago that the end of the game is still a couple of years out.

Reactions: Ottoeight

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
There is a reason why I argued in our discussions that the Top 3 LIs for a goodish Edwin are Hana, Felicia and Sophia. But I also see why some other players prefer to not becoming closer to Sophia.
I mean, i feel like cucking that guy you were friends with in primary school but then he turns into a-hole and just kinda keeps following you around is less evil than dating a Dr. Evil who's a bit too much into rape drugs (plus she's also sucking on geriatric balls and Moon Boy's too for all we know, so that's a turn-off too).

se20299

Oct 18, 2017
I think most of the Sophia discourse is rose tinted because most of the guys here fell in love with her because she's a hot nerd and most nerdy guys get extremely desperate when it comes to nerdy girls that have the same interest as them.

I just don't see her appeal. Sure, she's hot, but she really reminds me of Ian's mom, and not in a good way. Sure, her chemistry with Edwin is great, but I suspect she was ordered by Abel to feel Edwin out, possibly to see if he'd be open to join their cause once the endgame comes, whatever that is. She just gives me unsettling, femme fatale vibes. It's not a stretch to say that she's honey trapping Edwin, who'll possibly side with the "girl next door" over the openly monstrous Kat.

Abel and her most probably see Edwin as a chess piece they can maneuver to their advantage, and while they do raise good points about Edwin's safety, let's not pretend like Abel and Sophie care about what happens to Edwin as long as he's not in their way. To Sophie, Edwin's most likely a naive kid out of his depth that she can tease and have some fun with, there's no real feelings or a chance for equality there. She's many leagues above him. I just have a feeling that Edwin's just a small pawn on the huge chessboard that is Club Carnation, and spending too much time with either Kat or Sophie/Abel will just put him further into the clutches of the powers that be, and he has no idea about who all the players are.

I also think it's extremely stupid of Edwin to dig into the possible murder of Darius, especially since his only job is to keep his head down and do what he's told. He's also partially protected by Chuck, for better or worse, and there's no reason to go down the rabbit's hole when you know what's waiting for you there. You already sold your soul for free tuition, it's a little late to play detective, especially since you can finish college and skip town. Edwin's just really out of his depth here, and he's not doing himself any favors by asking too many questions.

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes