claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Is it weird that I am more interested in the actual plot instead of the sex scenes? I finished the game in three hours and it left me wanting more and curious to see who among the three women will end up winning.
Not at all. At first when I encountered this site I pretty much expected every game to be like American fast food: cheap and fatty. Then I found some really good games such a Once in a Lifetime, Ravager, Sanguis et Imperium, MIST and What a Legend that refined my taste.

I think the problem is that main stream games are boring: even before starting the game you know exactly what kind of content mainstream games will have. You can't kill children, sex, prostitution, racism, torture, incest, Nazis are forbidden and so on. There are some exceptions yet they fail reach the same innovative level like games I mentioned do. Censorship kills innovation. For example original FF7 had bestiality moment when Hojo attempted to make Red XII breed with Aeris, of course that part didn't reach the remake. In original Red Alert the first Soviet mission was to kill Polish civilians. This is why I don't bother with games like civilization anymore because I know what the content will be: watered down history with happy cartoonish characters.

Reactions: uiopuiop3112

akenedy

May 3, 2017
Not at all. At first when I encountered this site I pretty much expected every game to be like American fast food: cheap and fatty. Then I found some really good games such a Once in a Lifetime, Ravager, Sanguis et Imperium, MIST and What a Legend that refined my taste.

I think the problem is that main stream games are boring: even before starting the game you know exactly what kind of content mainstream games will have. You can't kill children, sex, prostitution, racism, torture, incest, Nazis are forbidden and so on. There are some exceptions yet they fail reach the same innovative level like games I mentioned do. Censorship kills innovation. For example original FF7 had bestiality moment when Hojo attempted to make Red XII breed with Aeris, of course that part didn't reach the remake. In original Red Alert the first Soviet mission was to kill Polish civilians. This is why I don't bother with games like civilization anymore because I know what the content will be: watered down history with happy cartoonish characters.
It's not just the censorship, the whole hyper-aggressive pc culture movement that is just pure cancer to any business or artistic project that doesn't comply with the highly aggressive and hostile demands, and tries to present a different opinion or simply tries to depict real-life facts that deviate and don't comply to today's norms gets destroyed through social media.

So the whole mainstream entertainment industry has to either adapt and produce these boring, uncreative censored products that don't offend the oversensitive and easily agitated majority or lose profits or worse, be branded as a racist, nazi, fascist and etc, words that by this point lost all its original meaning and are used as a means to start a witch hunt.

Little individual projects and companies are the only ones that manage to occasionally produce some thought-provoking and innovative work mainly because they fly under the radar of the mass social media and are relatively low-key, though there are occasionally some rare exceptions.

P.S. (because why not, this post gets deleted anyway)

It's interesting how in the age where every individual has easy access to a social platform to speak their minds openly majority of people instead flock into masses and brainlessly repeat what they been told and the censorship is getting increasingly worse.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Money is a big factor in the lack of diversity in games. Some kinks are really popular here (money) like incest. So most new devs try to cater to those kinks popular on Patreon/Subscribestar/Itchio.
10 years ago the WEG scene was a small market dominated by enthusiasts, Patreon (money) opened the can of worms and the gold fever in wegs started.
Fortunately we still have devs like Pale Carnations ones who try to do something original in a sea of clones.

Last edited:

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Ragnar I agree. Do you have other games to recommend that do justice to the plot but also feature extremely hot girls and beautiful graphics like Pale Carnations ?

I think I know them all, but we never know.

m3lee

Aug 27, 2017
Ragnar I agree. Do you have other games to recommend that do justice to the plot but also feature extremely hot girls and beautiful graphics like Pale Carnations ?

I think I know them all, but we never know.
Deviant Anomalies is probably the closest to this one for visual style and definitely has a very unique plot and gameplay.

Ripples, Once In A Lifetime, and Anomalous Dr. Vibes are also very solid and full with characters and unique story, but not quite as visually similar this game as Deviant Anomalies is.

Mar 19, 2019
Deviant Anomalies is probably the closest to this one for visual style and definitely has a very unique plot and gameplay.

Ripples, Once In A Lifetime, and Anomalous Dr. Vibes are also very solid and full with characters and unique story, but not quite as visually similar this game as Deviant Anomalies is.
Oh shit, that looks like it’s right up my ally. Only problem is that the update for pale carnations might drop at anytime and since I don’t have a premium mega account I’m just holding on to my allotted 5gb today

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Oh shit, that looks like it’s right up my ally. Only problem is that the update for pale carnations might drop at anytime and since I don’t have a premium mega account I’m just holding on to my allotted 5gb today
We'll most likely be dropping it on our patreon within the next 8-12 hours (waiting for GIL to wake up and then we'll prepare the post), so I reckon you'll have time for your quota to reset. Especially if you're waiting for it to leak here.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
We'll most likely be dropping it on our patreon within the next 8-12 hours (waiting for GIL to wake up and then we'll prepare the post), so I reckon you'll have time for your quota to reset. Especially if you're waiting for it to leak here.
If you have a PayPal or BuyMeACoffee account or ?, let me (us) know here or in a PM. I do not do Patreon but I have no problems donating in other ways, if possible. Thanks!

AwsHen

Oct 13, 2018
Good bye my dear sleep we will meet tomorrow night, satisfied, dead tired and with blood-shot eyes!

1036662_happimess-media-192-ren-and-stimpy-gif-01.gif

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
When i started use this forum same amount was made in 1 month
There isn't a single developer that has ever graced the adult gaming community that has ever produced 1500 to 2000 renders and a few hours gameplay in 1 month.

The only games on 1 month cycle release 100-200 renders and updates last about 15 minutes if that.

That's also ignoring the fact that devs around here are amateurs doing this on top of full time jobs and families.

You keep calling people naive but you are like a portaloo at a music festival .... absolutely full of shit.

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes