Bacchus1998

Nov 19, 2021
Pale Carnations its like "the brothers karamazov" of erotic games, we just hope that, unlike Dostoevsky, the developers manage to create an ending worthy of the magnitude of the work.

Reactions: ChurryOp

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well yes, I did it again.

While waiting for the incoming update I wrote another game mini-guide.

After my Pale Carnations story timeline scene-by-scene, here you have my

Pale Carnations not-so-side characters: a guide to house girls and patrons. What we know about them till now.

Heavy spoilers, of course. So don't read it unless you completed your gameplay!

----------

guide has been updated! (ch.4, update 4 at the moment)

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well yes, I did it again.

While waiting for the incoming update I wrote another game mini-guide.

After my Pale Carnations story timeline scene-by-scene, here you have my

Pale Carnations not-so-side characters: a guide to house girls and patrons. What we know about them till now.

Heavy spoilers, of course. So don't read it unless you completed your gameplay!
Nice work!

You should add the house girl panorama the devs posted leading up to the Week 2 exhibition. It includes Serena.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Nice work!

You should add the house girl panorama the devs posted leading up to the Week 2 exhibition. It includes Serena.
Thanks a lot, pal!

Guide has been updated, now.

The story has a few minor inconsistencies, anyway:

- in the prologue, Dalia mentions a present house girl named Kimber. I guess the Authors renamed her Serena.

- Rosalind first calls her husband Rupert, then she calls him Clive.

- Kathleen and Hana talk about a patron called Mr Travis (the music manager), but we never meet him at the Carnations' exhibitions.

Reactions: ename144 and TD1900

mok135

Feb 27, 2018
will there be a similar scene in the game with the participation of current heroines ?
Really doubt it. Devs try to appease vanilla fans as much as possible. All the previous exhibitions scenes are completely centered on the MC, even though it makes zero sense (why would the patrons even be interested in basically watching a slighly perverted theatre play with no input on their part). There were Rosalind's bukkake scene and the scene with Killian and Rosalind, but they are rare exceptions.

The game is still absolutely amazing, but I wanted more from it. The setting gave me certain expectations. And it has yet to deliver on them.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Thanks a lot, pal!

Guide has been updated, now.

The story has a few minor inconsistencies, anyway:

- in the prologue, Dalia mentions a present house girl named Kimber. I guess the Authors renamed her Serena.

- Kathleen and Hana talk about a patron called Mr Travis (the music manager), but we never meet him at the Carnations' exhibitions.
In theory, the club has more members and house girls than the respective 12 or so you see at the exhibitions. The club operates on a tiering system, but I don't believe it ever gets brought up during the story because I figured that kind of minutia isn't so important and is liable to shoot me in the foot. The patrons you see at the exhibitions are the most important members, plus a couple who serve a function like Isaac and Samson.

Anyway, the house girls work outside the club and service men like the music manager.

As to Kimber: she is not forgotten, or maybe she got remembered recently? Without spoiling too much, she's actually relevant in the next update funnily enough.

I beeeelieve the Clive thing got corrected already, but I'll make a note to double check.

Really doubt it. Devs try to appease vanilla fans as much as possible. All the previous exhibitions scenes are completely centered on the MC, even though it makes zero sense (why would the patrons even be interested in basically watching a slighly perverted theatre play with no input on their part). There were Rosalind's bukkake scene and the scene with Killian and Rosalind, but they are rare exceptions.

The game is still absolutely amazing, but I wanted more from it. The setting gave me certain expectations. And it has yet to deliver on them.
Future events will involve patrons in a variety of ways. There is no appeasement underwritting the project. GIL and I are delivering a game that pleases us, at a pacing that appeals to our sensibilities. We've only had two exhibitions, and those rare exceptions you mentioned were in both weeks. If you think week 1 should have featured the carnations triple stuffed with everyone taking a crack at them, I don't know how to explain it any better other than Kathleen is exhibiting them and creating interest for each girl. She's selling delayed gratification for men who have the world at their finger tips. If they just wanted to fuck, they could fuck the whores. As a reader who wants to watch the Carnations get railed by a variety of members, surely you see the appeal of voyeurism.

And unfortunately the development time between exhibitions is excruciatingly long.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
In theory, the club has more members and house girls than the respective 12 or so you see at the exhibitions. The club operates on a tiering system, but I don't believe it ever gets brought up during the story because I figured that kind of minutia isn't so important and is liable to shoot me in the foot. The patrons you see at the exhibitions are the most important members, plus a couple who serve a function like Isaac and Samson.

Anyway, the house girls work outside the club and service men like the music manager.

As to Kimber: she is not forgotten, or maybe she got remembered recently? Without spoiling too much, she's actually relevant in the next update funnily enough.

I beeeelieve the Clive thing got corrected already, but I'll make a note to double check.
Yep, I remember Andrea telling our beloved tenor that she only works as an in-house girl, at the moment. :)

I will update both guides after the update comes out, of course :D :D

Thank you for your answers.

Reactions: ename144 and TD1900

mok135

Feb 27, 2018

Future events will involve patrons in a variety of ways. There is no appeasement underwritting the project. GIL and I are delivering a game that pleases us, at a pacing that appeals to our sensibilities. We've only had two exhibitions, and those rare exceptions you mentioned were in both weeks. If you think week 1 should have featured the carnations triple stuffed with everyone taking a crack at them, I don't know how to explain it any better other than Kathleen is exhibiting them and creating interest for each girl. She's selling delayed gratification for men who have the world at their finger tips. If they just wanted to fuck, they could fuck the whores. As a reader who wants to watch the Carnations get railed by a variety of members, surely you see the appeal of voyeurism.

And unfortunately the development time between exhibitions is excruciatingly long.
I see. That's reassuring. I am not asking to rush the progression of exhibitions - I am all for the slow burn and quality of story. I agree that it wouldn't make any sense to throw them into orgies, gangbangs, etc at this point. It is just that I am somewhat worried that those scenes won't make it into the game at all. The game has been in development for a long time after all. I have no idea when it is going to end. Maybe there is 1-2 exhibitions left and it is already over.

se20299

Oct 18, 2017
Well, the rich guys probably get off from the psychological torture and humilliation of the Carnations more than actually fucking them. Club Carnations is a high end brothel as well, and the ugly bastards frequently stuff the regular girls. The bukkake scene encapsulates this, as the old men aren't actually fucking the 3 girls, but getting off to the fact that they're getting thoroughly humiliated, and how Kat is basically "breaking them in" from regular girls into whores.

Club Carnations is actualy pretty vanilla compared to the fucked up shit rich guys IRL get off to. I wanted to make a joke about "Kathleen Island", but that just made me realized that Kat and August are saints compared to most billionares that frequent such establishments.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Well, the rich guys probably get off from the psychological torture and humilliation of the Carnations more than actually fucking them. Club Carnations is a high end brothel as well, and the ugly bastards frequently stuff the regular girls. The bukkake scene encapsulates this, as the old men aren't actually fucking the 3 girls, but getting off to the fact that they're getting thoroughly humiliated, and how Kat is basically "breaking them in" from regular girls into whores.

Club Carnations is actualy pretty vanilla compared to the fucked up shit rich guys IRL get off to. I wanted to make a joke about "Kathleen Island", but that just made me realized that Kat and August are saints compared to most billionares that frequent such establishments.
I'd venture this is a reasonable explanation, but in the context of this game likely untrue true. Are you really telling me you think there'd be an equal audience reaction here to exhibitions of group orgies with carnations followed by hotel outcalls with select clientele, compared to "Eat these bugs" or "now get your ass paddled" or "now we're gonna tase you"?

With the current trajectory, the club feels less like a prostitution ring and more like either a strict bdsm club, or a human trafficking ring. Yes, the first is implicit in the third, but the focus here is more on subjugation than sex, when typically subjugation would be but a tool for sex. Here it's often the end goal.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
With the current trajectory, the club feels less like a prostitution ring and more like either a strict bdsm club, or a human trafficking ring. (Yes, the first is implicit in the third, but the focus here is more on subjugation than sex). Do people really like violence more than sex?
Veronica is logistically only there because samson wants to "break/own" her to the point that he had people (who were very important to veronica) lie to her over a period of months so that one is more towards sex (control) than violence. The other two also fall under the "sex" category but while typing out reasons why I realized that really it does not matter because Kathleen wants them (and most people) to suffer and she builds sexy stuff (shows) around that as opposed to the other way around. She was playing 4d chess by hiding a psychological "game" for Edwin in Rose's performance (only Kathleen, Edwin, Chuck and (maybe) Hana know that its any more significant than it looks) while to everyone else it looked like a good ole college kid v. milf shoot. IMO that demonstrates shes clearly thinking about the non sexual stuff first.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Here I was figuring I'd have at least another week before I needed to fire up the old spreadsheet, when suddenly BOOM!

TD already gave you the weekly averages since, well, a week ago. Overall, he and GIL are averaging around 97 statics, 3.5 animations and 2230 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Updated 4 began. Here are the charts for Week 27:
The news is clearly good. The finish line is in sight and should be only a few weeks away, maybe a little sooner if everything breaks our way. All told, it looks like this update will be one of the biggest yet, second only to Chapter 3 Update 4 in terms of Statics and Words, and only losing to Chapter 3 Update 2 in animations by way of a technicality (since that update retroactively added animations to earlier chapters).

Clearly there's going to be a lot to see in the new update (though I assume much of it will require being on the right girls' paths). That will probably work against us in beta testing, since there's going to a lot of material to comb through across a bunch of different paths; I'm guessing we're still looking at a late March release even with this good news. But it should give us plenty to sink our teeth once the update is finally out, and the end is now in sight. All told, I think it will be relatively easy to look forward to the release while our devs hammer out the last details. :)

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Here I was figuring I'd have at least another week before I needed to fire up the old spreadsheet, when suddenly BOOM!
Hahaha, Amazing ! I really just came here thinking to myself "okay its the 11th in GMT now, normally it should be this day that ename144 posts updates about the game, should check up the thread" but it wasn't there :(, "yeah maybe it's a bit early..". Anyway, I go about making a comment and then see the notification about new comments in the thread, and then BOOM !! A wild ename144's incredible regular charts post appears ! You are so reliable, it's an honour and a privilege to have you in this community.

Btw, actually I'm the guy who asked you like 1-2 years ago, back in the time when you only gave the chart for the current update, if you wouldn't mind giving the old updates curves for easy comparison of update work progression between updates, and I've always wanted to shoot you a message some day to say that I deeply appreciate you doing this, even today still, and with such rigor and thoroughness. I tip my hat to you mate, thank you very much for all your work :).

4.90 star(s) 460 Votes