Mod Ren'Py Pale Carnations - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [vCh4Up4] [Shawnchapp]

Are people using the options to see multi scenes? I'm replaying and wonder if i should add more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klistoff

May 19, 2023
Reactions: Motion11

Askovan

May 22, 2017
man dude. you can read minds! I never really played through much of this game even though i really like the aesthetics of it, because i always have a hard time picking routes in these kinds of games. (thats why i prefer more linear games)
That option was something i really missed since i now finally decided to start a full playthrough.
BTW in the disco you can actually miss the Felicia scene if you talk to mina about dancing before talking to felicia again. Not sure if this is intentional.
Thanks a million for this mod, which makes this game way more enjoyable for completionists / indecisive people like me ;)
Cheers

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
BTW in the disco you can actually miss the Felicia scene if you talk to mina about dancing before talking to felicia again. Not sure if this is intentional.

Cheers
hmm?that shoudld only hapen after you bring het drink back and pick "let me check on mina"

Last edited:

Askovan

May 22, 2017
yep thats it. you get invited by her to join her after you bring her the drink. Then you have the option to agree or to check on mina "again". if you "check on Mina again" it goes to the dance floor scene without the chance to pick both paths and that misses the Felicia sex scene in the club.
Just though that that was maybe not intentional since it allows for missing a scene which is one of the points of installing a mod (not missing any scenes)
Only wanted to give you a heads up if it wasn´t intentional ;)
Cheers

PS.: Just tested it again and its definetly that way. First check on mina then talk with felicia and get the drink, then check on mina again and you miss the felicia sex scene

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
yep thats it. you get invited by her to join her after you bring her the drink. Then you have the option to agree or to check on mina "again". if you "check on Mina again" it goes to the dance floor scene without the chance to pick both paths and that misses the Felicia sex scene in the club.
don't check on mina at that point join for the drinks then the option for both pop up. and even with the mod you're still going to miss some scene it would be impossible to mod so you mis none (well not impossible but will mess with the story the game as whole) So im only pick parts where it can make sense within the story and not mess with the game to much.. for example even allowing the intviewing the 3 girls instead of one I'm still editing some files in week 2 that happen to be based on that choice. so if i was to add multi for the actually contest stuff i would be better off just make all choice mean nothing and show all scene with no real context or meaning based on choices. and thats not the goal of my improved scenes (thats what a gallery unlock is for) the point of my improvments is to enhance the gameplay allowing to see as much content as possible while staying with in the games own scope/story like for the interviews i even added a few lines of dialect to make it feel like it fits in and removed parts so it flows better

1711902209387.png

1711902246807.png

And to add on to this it will also be an ioption to turn down girls like normal becuase not everyone wants to see all girls so i still leave in those options so people who don't can still turn them down, i still have to leave the normal choices/routes so people can play normally and ignore the mod option if they want

1711902891768.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AhrimanH

Askovan

May 22, 2017
Hey.
Yeah, thats actually what i wanted to tell you, (about talking to felicia to get the "both" option but when you check on mina again the sex scene gets missed) because i wasn´t sure if thats a bug or not.
Thanks for the comprehensive explanation, but it wasn´t really necessary. I really JUST wanted to give you that info in case it was a bug or oversight.
You did a great job with this mod and i appreciate you staying true to the core of the Story!

Again, Great work with the mod! Thanks a lot!
Cheers

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Hey.
Yeah, thats actually what i wanted to tell you, (about talking to felicia to get the "both" option but when you check on mina again the sex scene gets missed)
Cheers
Wait are you saying even joining her for the drinks the option for both don't show?

Askovan

May 22, 2017
No no. You get the "both" option but only if you join felicia for a drink.
so basically:
Club freeroam starts
felicia tells you to get a drink
mina is pissed for killian flirting around
killian knows what hes doing and is a bit of an ass about it
get the cherry bomb cocktail for felicia
now mina is pissed killian is flirting with 2 girls
felicia takes the cocktail

then she asks you to join her
you get 2 options:
1 "I can´t see the harm in that."
2 "I think I´m going to check on Mina again."

if you choose 1 you get the option for "both" ( sex with Felicia and dancefloor)
But if you choose 2 then the dancefloor event starts without an option for the sex scene with Felicia.
Just as you explained above. I just thought it might be a bug or something.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
if you choose 1 you get the option for "both" ( sex with Felicia and dancefloor)
But if you choose 2 then the dancefloor event starts without an option for the sex scene with Felicia.
Just as you explained above. I just thought it might be a bug or something.
nah thats how it suppose to work, if you go the other route you have time to fuck her then get back to do some dancing etc and the party but if you do the dancing first therws no time to fuck her cause you basically leave right after dancing (you;ll still get the chance to fuck at the after party tho)

DSTORQUE

Dec 10, 2017
To emphasize my yes to the poll on this page, please add more multi-scenes! I dislike having to choose which content to see and which scenes to skip. Let me see all of them in a single playthrough! Harem playthrough FTW!

rndrmagkni

Apr 21, 2021
Does anyone get this error. This a clean save with the newest version of the game with the witcher cheatmod combine with Shawnchapp mod and URM

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'FactorScale' <'Image' u'WitcherMod/Images/warning.png'> 0.78125 0.74 True>:
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 178, in SetLocalVariable
return SetDict(sys._getframe(1).f_locals, name, value)
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/prologue.rpyc", line 1372, in script
@f 6PJ 68 ź E zQ } p o (  ' 0 \ b 3} A Fv ~ }T ? , 3 #ІD 2o ar./ O# K I7 S1 ej K ݔ .| @ ڱ] n 4 (Խ5 @ Aܾ' + b_ľ* ; \
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 990, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1226, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\cross\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up4-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 72, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 72, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 82, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 114, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 143, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 158, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 161, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/main.rpy.x52", line 168, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 5, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 5, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 33, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 37, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 101, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 110, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 111, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 123, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 128, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 132, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 138, in execute
File "0x52-URM/screens/labels.rpy.x52", line 138, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 138, in <module>
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 178, in SetLocalVariable
return SetDict(sys._getframe(1).f_locals, name, value)
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute '_getframe'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Pale Carnations Ch4Up4
Mon Mar 25 22:39:29 2024
Use the old version

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Use the old version
and thats 100% the best way to break your saves and cause errors and/or also miss new content, but you do you.

Note if you use old/outdated version you use that at your OWN RISK i take no responsible if you break your game.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
So I haven't played the latest update yet, but from a little reading here, are you adding the ability to see a majority of the scenes in one single playthrough? Cuz I would not mind starting the game from scratch if that's the case.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
So I haven't played the latest update yet, but from a little reading here, are you adding the ability to see a majority of the scenes in one single playthrough? Cuz I would not mind starting the game from scratch if that's the case.
i explained it in this post

https://f95zone.to/threads/pale-car...t-mod-vch4up4-shawnchapp.201421/post-13349462

just some events aren't able to do split paths I'm going to try to do as much as i can but i don't want it to the point of it ruining the entire feel and story of the game. plus its a lot of work as was explained in the post.

and no i don't have an eta im kinda just doing it and adding them as i replay the game myself