Mod Ren'Py Pale Carnations - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [vCh4Up4] [Shawnchapp]

Are people using the options to see multi scenes? I'm replaying and wonder if i should add more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike.Jones

Aug 26, 2023
Been loving the mod so far, awesome work. I'm currently getting the following error a couple of screens past "Comforting Veronica" after her performance during the exhibition of week 2. This is a new playthrough with the latest updates of the game and the mod.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/b} in u'Maybe this was selfish of me and I was just trying to get away from how her feelings are making me feel{/b}, but...'.:
Exception: u'/b' closes a text tag that isn't open.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Been loving the mod so far, awesome work. I'm currently getting the following error a couple of screens past "Comforting Veronica" after her performance during the exhibition of week 2. This is a new playthrough with the latest updates of the game and the mod.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/b} in u'Maybe this was selfish of me and I was just trying to get away from how her feelings are making me feel{/b}, but...'.:
Exception: u'/b' closes a text tag that isn't open.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks forletting me know can you jus tignore it for now and move on?

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
Ok so I'm a bit confused as to what this mod does. I added the mod and started my playthrough. The only thing it gave me was the mod menu screen(the 3 tab with change stats). I never got an option to see any double scenes and it never gave the stat boosts/negatives on the choices like in the preview pics. I actually ended up d/l the older LM mod and restarted and it showed the adjustments on the choices but stops I'm guessing about when LM mod was last updated. Haven't seen a stat adjustment on a choice since Hana BJ at the bar.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I never got an option to see any double scenes and it never gave the stat boosts/negatives on the choices
most of the split scenes haven't been added working on that now, if you aren't seeing the stats changes in menu choice it smean you unrened you game and overrided the mod files if you have ".rpy" file in your game fold you prtty much auto removed all mod files

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
most of the split scenes haven't been added working on that now, if you aren't seeing the stats changes in menu choice it smean you unrened you game and overrided the mod files if you have ".rpy" file in your game fold you prtty much auto removed all mod files

First play through was just unzipped game and mod files put together, and what I am playing now has no ren files in the game or any of the folders inside the game folder. About to continue with Felicia at art exhibit now. I know there were some places where the choices had no adjustments earlier in the game so will see if anything changes during this part.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
First play through was just unzipped game and mod files put together, and what I am playing now has no ren files in the game or any of the folders inside the game folder. About to continue with Felicia at art exhibit now. I know there were some places where the choices had no adjustments earlier in the game so will see if anything changes during this part.
the should be rpcy file when you extract mod folder in the "game" folder there should be files like week1.rpcy, week2.rpcy ETC those need to be placein the games "game" folder

Reactions: AhrimanH

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
the should be rpcy file when you extract mod folder in the "game" folder there should be files like week1.rpcy, week2.rpcy ETC those need to be placein the games "game" folder

Yea finished up the current version earlier am guessing they were just spots with no adjustments. I did get some for the Lucy talk but those were different (pink heart and handcuffs) and not really sure why since she isn't a LI unless it somehow effects something later in the story. Not even sure what those 2 stood for but thought maybe like relationship points and sub points maybe? Seems alot of the adjustments kinda stopped except for the after art exhibit scenes, thinking it was mostly linear for alot of it. Also am thinking LMs mod might have overridden? yours for the earlier part of the game. Installed the LM then yours so the gallery doesn't have all the memories I unlocked. I know I missed a few unlocks on my playthrough (I know of 2 for sure) am redownloading the game again to have a fresh version to add just your mod to. Think Lm had a gal unlocker in it. Thanks for the work on the mod and the quick detailed reply. One last question can I move the save file from the one I played to the new without it messing things up?

swaggy4

Dec 4, 2020
how to unlock gallery now which mod? please share me the link older one not working for me

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018

elsephtis

Jul 28, 2022
I would like to know why mine is out of date and how do I get this version, I have already downloaded this file 3 times and I still have this problem, I'm sorry that English is not my first language.
Screenshot_6.png Screenshot_7.png

ruki0907

Feb 22, 2024
Thank you for creating this module.
However, I have some questions that are confusing me.
My game version is: Pale Carnations Ch.4 Up 4 Public

For example:
In the module, it shows the love, trust, and other values of each character in the game.
But when I press the "+" and "-" buttons next to the icons, it doesn't seem to change successfully.
Do I need to be in a specific scene to make changes, or does it only display the values?

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I would like to know why mine is out of date and how do I get this version, I have already downloaded this file 3 times and I still have this problem, I'm sorry that English is not my first language.
View attachment 3551458 View attachment 3551461
cause not update to patron build was made for public but theres no diffference betwee version besides typos

For example:
In the module, it shows the love, trust, and other values of each character in the game.
But when I press the "+" and "-" buttons next to the icons, it doesn't seem to change successfully.
Do I need to be in a specific scene to make changes, or does it only display the values?
wdym? you change stats then close window click to goto next scene and its saves but do note girl DO have a max number for stats like for example affection/love max is 40 so even if you set it to 1000 it will just bring right to the max 40 instead

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023

For example:

I noticed if you change the stats at a choice screen it doesn't or hasn't registered for that scene. try rollback a scene or 2 and change the stat then advance to the choice and it should work fine.

Reactions: Shawnchapp

ruki0907

Feb 22, 2024
cause not update to patron build was made for public but theres no diffference betwee version besides typos

wdym? you change stats then close window click to goto next scene and its saves but do note girl DO have a max number for stats like for example affection/love max is 40 so even if you set it to 1000 it will just bring right to the max 40 instead
I see, thank you for your response.
I've also tested it, and it seems that the maximum LOVE value for all the girls is indeed 40.

ruki0907

Feb 22, 2024
I noticed if you change the stats at a choice screen it doesn't or hasn't registered for that scene. try rollback a scene or 2 and change the stat then advance to the choice and it should work fine.
I've also noticed this.
Sometimes, after making changes and saving the game, when I reach the screen with the yellow font "..." (seems like a settlement screen?), the values revert back to their original state.
I've given up on making further changes, perhaps as the module creator mentioned, the values have reached their limit.