VN Ren'Py Abandoned Pandemic Covid-30 [Ch. 1] [xxSirJoexx]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
This game should be marked as abandoned as the last update was almost a year agon and the last post on Patron was more than3 months ago.
Hello
With the large number of games listed here, it is certainly quite complicated to have an overview of the development status and the updates.
Why some projects are marked as "abandoned" very promptly and others are not, doesn't seem that important to me and it's not really understandable even given the existing rules.
example:
https://f95zone.to/threads/back-to-the-cabin-v0-4-dr-zukinksky.21104/
abandoned - patreon since 17.6. not updated
https://f95zone.to/threads/peaches-are-not-the-only-fruit-v0-04-vivien.64634/
not abandoned - last update 29.6. - developer has not specified a patreon/discord and does not appear to be active in the forum

every user can decide whether they continue to hope for updates, or even continue to support a project as a patreon, or simply delete the game and/or stop all financial support.

Reactions: DarkLoki
Mar 28, 2018
Hi methusalix55, I agree that there is a lack of consistency in the On Hold and Abandoning on this site, broadly speaking 3 months with no update and no communication warrants an Abandoned Tag, but usually the users like to give every possible benefit of the doubt to the devs because the Tag can affect them directly. To my mind, a year with no update (an assuming that they are not known to be working on other games and if there are no known mitigating circumstances, such as illness etc.) merits the Abandoned Tag. I agree that in the end it is up to each user how long they chose to hope for or support or expunge any particular game.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yes I agree, that this game seems to have been Abandoned with no posts or updates for over a year....
While I agree this might warrant the Abandoned label, we don't know for certain. If the developer is in regular contact on their Discord, here at F95 with staff, or elsewhere, it might not get the label. I'm not privy to that information to know for sure. However, saying "no posts or updates for over a year" is inaccurate. It's been many months, but they did post something in June of last year on their Patreon:
1673300865225.png

I have my severe doubts that the last 25% of progress on programming and 75% on translation would take 7 months, but I'm also not in the developer's shoes to know anything about what's going on.

Mar 28, 2018
I stand corrected, the dev has only ever posted the introduction, in Feb 2021, and one update a year later in Dec 2021, their last post - regarding progress - was at the beginning of June in 2022, i.e. more than 6 months ago - well beyond the '3 month rule'; so yes, in my mind at least, the game appears to have been Abandoned and consequently deserves an appropriate label.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I stand corrected, the dev has only ever posted the introduction, in Feb 2021, and one update a year later in Dec 2021, their last post - regarding progress - was at the beginning of June in 2022, i.e. more than 6 months ago - well beyond the '3 month rule'; so yes, in my mind at least, the game appears to have been Abandoned and consequently deserves an appropriate label.
The rule is not 3 months now; it's 6 months (changed awhile ago but not updated on the post about game threads). Of course, this does still fall outside that threshold. However, there are other ways to remain in communication and avoid the label, as I already mentioned (but you apparently missed or ignored). Either way, if you want that label put on this thread, you can always report the OP to get it to happen. I personally couldn't care less either way.

• Haha
Reactions: andrew david irving

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Any news, is still hope or the dev confirmed that he left the proyect?
No news since June of last year, hence the Abandoned label on the game. It doesn't mean it's actually abandoned necessarily, but since it's been so long it obviously doesn't look good. I wouldn't expect anything more, but maybe we'll get surprised pleasantly.

Reactions: johnnydoe666

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Pandemic is over, so there is no need for a game about it anymore, it seems.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes