Exiscoming

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2018
Guys, I think that EA Games bought out Exiscoming (the devs). They are introducing lootboxes:
Fucking hell... What's wrong with them?! To say this is distasteful would be a mere hint of the direction they are taking.
These patrons are funding you, allowing you to work on something you love, and you try to milk them more? Why not include this content for all patrons for free in the first place? I realize the post states that the following month the content will be unlocked, and I guess that means it will be available for everyone. Which makes me wonder... Why all the hassle of writing additional game mechanics, in game "ATMs" and making specific codes for every patron for their "Jester Card" :sick:, essentially wasting time which can be spent working on more content and gaining more supporters? How ridiculous. Just... Wow.
lol holy hell that's some scummy bullshit.

I'm not even mad, just dumbstruck anyone would think it's a good idea to put "surprise mechanics" in any game given the state of the discourse right now. It's annoying to those who don't engage with it, and potentially addictive to those who do. There's no argument for adding mechanics like these to a game that don't come from a purely cynical anti-consumer worldview
People really loathe pay-to-play right now, so you're going to get a bad reaction. That said, if you adhere to this promise:

Then I personally am not put off by it. It's the same as any other tiered reward system for Patrons. But I think you already got a taste of what peoples' first reaction is going to be.
No, this is bad.
Rely on the quality of your creation to attract more patrons - leave the gimmick spending to Electronic Arts.
Thank you all for your feedback! Despite my relative silence on the internet, I do read criticism when I find it. So far the response to Jester Cards has sorta been 50/50, which is why I'm putting up a poll to ask for people's opinions here:

Please fill it out truthfully and don't be afraid to leave a response. I know a lot of companies say: "We value your input!" and it sounds kind corny now, but I do value your opinions.

-Ex

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Exiscoming At the start of your game, when the protagonist talks with Silva, when she sighs, consider writing *Les Sigh* instead since Le = Maskulinum and Les = Femininum. It would add a lot more to the comedic effect :)

George_Nos

May 29, 2019
Exiscoming At the start of your game, when the protagonist talks with Silva, when she sighs, consider writing *Les Sigh* instead since Le = Maskulinum and Les = Femininum. It would add a lot more to the comedic effect :)
But is 'Sigh' feminine or masculine? Because, as I remember, articles Le/La/Les (masc/fem/plural) are pointing on the 'Sigh' in french.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
But is 'Sigh' feminine or masculine? Because, as I remember, articles Le/La/Les (masc/fem/plural) are pointing on the 'Sigh' in french.
That's why I used the term comedic effect, since she let's of a feminine sigh with les ;)

Mister Kell

Jan 15, 2018
People really loathe pay-to-play right now, so you're going to get a bad reaction. That said, if you adhere to this promise:

Then I personally am not put off by it. It's the same as any other tiered reward system for Patrons. But I think you already got a taste of what peoples' first reaction is going to be.
I am of this mindset as well - if its just EZ Mode fast unlock everything at the start/new update kind of deal, whatever - as long as you /CAN/ get everything in game without having to pay money or use a code then its really a non issue.

Reactions: SenPC

Stijn

Jun 18, 2017
played it and while there is cerrrtainly a lot that still needs to be added, the prospects are looking good. looks like this will be a fun game when you finish. by the way, love that it is a totally spies parody, good luck with development!

Last edited:

BOH56

May 27, 2017
As a fan of Orange Trainer that's been following it since conception I'm really glad to see a new work being made, I look forward to seeing how it grows.

IronMuffin

Jan 22, 2018
I'll probably wait for a more completed update down the like, but on this, we now have atleast two Totally Spies trainers in the works.
What I wouldn't give for a Wakfu or Scooby-Doo trainer or something.

Reactions: natros

MrVoodoo

Jan 14, 2018
Another teensy tiny error, or two:
1st) Whenever I click on the door to the bedroom(s) I get the option for "Double Trouble" but it always comes out with the following error:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2nd) Crafting the V.I.B. displays a message to "warn Exiscoming if you see this" and "this is a bug"
So yeah... Teensy tiny bugs

Edit the 1st:
Actually I guess there's the constant "Finale" messages when on a mission and the invisible boss on the mission that dies in one hit and the fact that I have Clover as backup even if I select clover as the main spy for the mission.

THAT SAID: It's probably because I'm trying to use an old save or something
Edit the 2nd:
Ok I'll just start the game over then, can't use the shop and a lot of things aren't working well... Will save as is and try the little reset button, if that doesn't work I'll just go ahead with the starting the game over bit
The last edit:
Nope, none of the things I tried worked, oh well

Last edited:
Reactions: name9991
3.70 star(s) 89 Votes