kinghell

Jul 24, 2017
Never heard of any problem specific to Windows 11. Perhaps you have run into the same issue some players with Windows 10 have. As mentioned in the OP:

Windows 10 users who can't start the game, try disabling fullscreen optimizations.
Yes already did that but no go!! :(..thanks for the response anyways.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I seem to be repeating the same events for about 2 weeks now, no variation... is this how the game is supposed to end?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I seem to be repeating the same events for about 2 weeks now, no variation... is this how the game is supposed to end?
There is an ending you can't miss. Check the stats button.
Check the shopping center in case you need to buy something.

omenthirteen

Jun 23, 2021
Hey, is there any way to follow only one route. For example pursuing only Jane and ignoring others?Or is it that the game can only progress if we pursue all the women?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hey, is there any way to follow only one route. For example pursuing only Jane and ignoring others?Or is it that the game can only progress if we pursue all the women?
All the women, or you will get stuck sooner or later.

Crown98

Jul 3, 2019
" All media is now located in a media folder, instead of being included in the jar. This adds support for fan-made media packs. "
Is there any fan-made media packs?
Amazing work btw!

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
" All media is now located in a media folder, instead of being included in the jar. This adds support for fan-made media packs. "
Is there any fan-made media packs?
Amazing work btw!
Only the one listed in the OP, to my knowledge.

Mickey_3x

Aug 31, 2020
Hello !

I am on W10, everything runs fine except i have 0 audio ! (i only tried a few video with the therapist at the beginning, but never have any kind of sound (but the video has sound on vlc when looking at the movie file itself)

I downloaded the main media pack, so nothing tweaked. Standard stuff.

thank you !

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hello !

I am on W10, everything runs fine except i have 0 audio ! (i only tried a few video with the therapist at the beginning, but never have any kind of sound (but the video has sound on vlc when looking at the movie file itself)

I downloaded the main media pack, so nothing tweaked. Standard stuff.

thank you !
Did you use cheat mode and have sound turned on there? Because without cheat mode, only a few videos have sound. Not 100% sure but I don't think intro has sound without cheat.

LimitIess

Apr 3, 2017
Hi, dropping by to say that I did manage to make it run on macOS M1.

There are two main issues most people have:

1. The JAR does not open when clicked.
When you open it from the terminal using the java -jar pf.jar you will find out that there's an error which states that the code was compiled with a newer version than what you have. This probably means that you're using Java 8. You can check your version by typing java -version in the Terminal.

2. Error when playing media.
This is caused by the fact that by default Java does not come with a built-in JavaFX package, which is responsible for handling media.

Solution:
As mentioned in the first post, you need to download Liberica JDK and JRE. This package comes built-in with JavaFX.
Make sure to pick the latest version (JDK/JRE 18) to fix the first problem. When selecting for an option, pick Full JRE/JDK.

Type java -version in the Terminal and check if the correct version is installed. After that, run the game via java -jar pf.jar

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes