devanshrox20

Aug 4, 2020
Hi, dropping by to say that I did manage to make it run on macOS M1.

There are two main issues most people have:

1. The JAR does not open when clicked.
When you open it from the terminal using the java -jar pf.jar you will find out that there's an error which states that the code was compiled with a newer version than what you have. This probably means that you're using Java 8. You can check your version by typing java -version in the Terminal.

2. Error when playing media.
This is caused by the fact that by default Java does not come with a built-in JavaFX package, which is responsible for handling media.

Solution:
As mentioned in the first post, you need to download Liberica JDK and JRE. This package comes built-in with JavaFX.
Make sure to pick the latest version (JDK/JRE 18) to fix the first problem. When selecting for an option, pick Full JRE/JDK.

Type java -version in the Terminal and check if the correct version is installed. After that, run the game via java -jar pf.jar
Hi could you show what the correct version looks like because I downloaded Liberia 19 and the .jar file opens but reads an error saying it can't find the start image so it needs to close

antuzinsky

Jul 27, 2022
Hi! I'm stuck: there is no progress in any relationships.
I found out about Avery and Kristy, but that's it, nothing happening after that.
I made a party for Jolee, and it's also stopped there. I know about her weakness, but I can't make her 'turn around' in bed.
Kelly is forever at 4/4, keep telling me "something must happened before".
Jane strips in kitchen, but stops there and no new events occure.

I don't know, I've checked all events, even yellow ones.

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Hi! I'm stuck: there is no progress in any relationships.
I found out about Avery and Kristy, but that's it, nothing happening after that.
I made a party for Jolee, and it's also stopped there. I know about her weakness, but I can't make her 'turn around' in bed.
Kelly is forever at 4/4, keep telling me "something must happened before".
Jane strips in kitchen, but stops there and no new events occure.

I don't know, I've checked all events, even yellow ones.
This game has a lot of progression tied together. Meaning some people will stop progressing until others have moved to a certain point. If you still have progress with others, focus on them for a while. Other times you need to see a scene multiple times with slight changes before a progress happens. Also, remember to check the map, especially the mall, occasionally. Finally, there are some progress limits related to time, meaning x days pass before something moves forward.

If you've progressed several days and have no green/yellow interactions with anyone or any pending purchases at the mall, I suggest posting your current save here and let Alcahest take a look

Reactions: osman699

Magneric

Oct 14, 2017
Hey guys! I wonder if there are other people who miss this game after finishing it? It' been 6-12 months for me (who knows) and still I could not find anything close to such a great build up. I wish some enthusiast stuffed it with more content (I wouldn't do it myself cuz then the magic for me will no longer exist). There are so many opportunities and fetishes missed that even if I was told that there is new extra scene, just one, I would replay that game again :HideThePain:

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Hey guys! I wonder if there are other people who miss this game after finishing it? It' been 6-12 months for me (who knows) and still I could not find anything close to such a great build up. I wish some enthusiast stuffed it with more content (I wouldn't do it myself cuz then the magic for me will no longer exist). There are so many opportunities and fetishes missed that even if I was told that there is new extra scene, just one, I would replay that game again :HideThePain:
I've replayed 3-4 times since the final release, and twice since Alcahest First released the Monastery. Still enjoy it, and not a grind for me

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
There's no new version. This game is finished
Yes, but a few days ago, I felt like replaying part of it since it's been so long, and then I noticed a couple of missing things, annoying enough that I had to fix them. If it had only been the missing Avery clip, I probably wouldn't bother, but one of my favorite dialogues was missing a favorite line (see screenshot), so I couldn't let it be. :D Seems that line has been missing since I released that update, or the next one. :(

Changelog:
- Added missing line of text in Kyra office event when first meeting Blondie.
- Added missing clip when Avery cums when fingering herself in bedroom.

screenshot1665452201933.png

Will update the links in the OP later.

Reactions: Denchik and scarfer

Magneric

Oct 14, 2017
Yes, but a few days ago, I felt like replaying part of it since it's been so long, and then I noticed a couple of missing things, annoying enough that I had to fix them. If it had only been the missing Avery clip, I probably wouldn't bother, but one of my favorite dialogues was missing a favorite line (see screenshot), so I couldn't let it be. :D Seems that line has been missing since I released that update, or the next one. :(

v1.0.03

Changelog:
- Added missing line of text in Kyra office event when first meeting Blondie.
- Added missing clip when Avery cums when fingering herself in bedroom.

View attachment 2094425

Will update the links in the OP later.
you got me on replaying the game if there is anything new. On it!

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Hi, and where to throw folders with the names of girls , I can only replace assets .
There are no girl folders to replace. If you replace the assets, that means you're doing it right and the girl folders should now be where they are supposed to.

Mycrusade29

Mar 7, 2021
Keep getting this didnt help the relationship. Something needs to happen first on everyone. I stopped seeing thew green stars next to characters names.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
typo in the intro:
"Every day you had to hear the news that you had an accident on the ship and so and so many.." and so was repeated twice
Meeting Angela for the first time in her office "Let's being then." should be begin

will update and edit this post if I see more typos as I play

Last edited:
Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
typo in the intro:
"Every day you had to hear the news that you had an accident on the ship and so and so many.." and so was repeated twice
Meeting Angela for the first time in her office "Let's being then." should be begin

will update and edit this post if I see more typos as I play
Thanks. I'm fixing it on my dev version of the game. Can't promise I will release a corrected version just for typos though. Depends on how much I get annoyed by knowing they are there. :D

Btw that "so and so" was meant to be like that. However, looking it up it seems it's generally spelled "so-and-so" and maybe not used in this type of context as much as I thought it was, so I'm changing it.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes