Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The's this format called webm, for videos which might help in reducing file size without affecting the quality too much. Perhaps you can look into it. This forum's mods and game compressors are pretty good at it.
I have thought about webm but haven't taken the time yet to check it out, if it's worth it or not.

marz08

Nov 30, 2017
Amazing update! Great amount of content and the pacing is still really good, definite progression without it all being thrown at you all at once.

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
Thanks for this game, it looks great so far !

The first time I played, it worked perfectly, I could save and load as I wanted. The second time I played the game though, I couldn't load saved games from the main screen and got errors like this (copy/pasted from one of the error log files. Edit : can be fixed, see end of this post) :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Same problem with many different saves, auto saves or manual saves. I then tried to start a new game and load a save from there and it worked. I use the 64 bits version with my 64 bits Windows 7 and up to date Java. I'm playing Fullscreen with the default settings. If it can't be fixed, maybe it could be possible to allow us to load a game during the introduction or to skip it so people who encounter this bug can load a save from within the game without having to replay the intro.

This being said I really like the game so far and will buy you some coffees right after I finish writing this (I prefer the coffee system to the patreon system).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I really don't mind the "grind" because it is incorporated to events and involves the girls. It's not a boring grind like eating everyday, or going to the gym everyday to increase a stat with nothing happening, etc...
Also, let me know if you want/need help finding pictures/gifs or model suggestions. I already collaborated with other authors as a "picture hunter" and I know it can be hard sometimes to find specific illustrations.

Edit : If you have the error above, you can launch the game from pf.bat and then you will be able to load saved games from the main screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alcahest

hlb

Jun 4, 2018
I almost missed this because of the Rogue-like update. Counting my lucky stars I didn't:)

BobN290

Sep 5, 2019
I keep getting the message "Something new needs to happen" with the landlady and others, but there's no opportunity for something new. What's the next step?

Roflcopt

Sep 6, 2017
How do you build the jar? Are you using maven or simply build it by creating a runnable jar through the IDE?
I'm just asking, because you could include the javafx binaries rather easily into the jar to make the game universally runnable on other platforms than windows.

Roflcopt

Sep 6, 2017
Are you referring to comments from the first (demo) release? Since v0.2 I am using liberica jdk which includes javafx. I haven't seen any complaints related to javafx since then. With the demo I had them separately which caused some problems.
Nah, I'm asking how you actually compile the program and create the pf.jar file. Are you using any build tools like maven or gradle or are you just building it from an development environment like eclipse, netbeans, idea etc. by exporting a runnable jar?
I was just experimenting it with running the jar directly on a system with openjdk on macOS by including the openjfx runtime via
Code:
java -jar pf.jar --module-path javafx-sdk-13.0.2/lib/ --add-modules javafx.controls,javafx.fxml,javafx.graphics
Including the jfx binaries directly in the jar would enable everyone to just execute the jar file without any special jvm installations.

skareroge

Jan 9, 2019
Hey, has anyone an idea why i can't click anything? So far i figured out to tap out of the game every time i click something....

*Edit found a solution for me, i had to disable fullscreen optimization

Last edited:

yamikit

Oct 16, 2017
Just getting the issue where I have to logout or reboot (unless I open the bat file, in which I can still Alt+Tab and close the bat file and I'm good).
Oddly enough, I went back to try v0.2, and I'm getting the same issue with that.
Don't remember ever having this issue before, and I doesn't give me any sort of error to report.

Anyone have luck with this yet?

EDIT:
All I get from the bat...

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ParadiseFound_v0301_64-bit\ParadiseFound_v0.3.01_64-bit>"jdk64\bin\java" -Dsun.java2d.uiScale.enabled=false -jar pf.jar /f 1>nul

EDIT 2:

Actually tried disabling fullscreen optimization as listed above by skareroge and it now works like a charm. Thanks.

Last edited:

Roflcopt

Sep 6, 2017
Just getting the issue where I have to logout or reboot (unless I open the bat file, in which I can still Alt+Tab and close the bat file and I'm good).
Oddly enough, I went back to try v0.2, and I'm getting the same issue with that.
Don't remember ever having this issue before, and I doesn't give me any sort of error to report.

Anyone have luck with this yet?
Maybe something crashed in the background. Look for errorlog.txt file in the game directory. Maybe the game swallow an error without you noticing. Also enabling window mode might keep you from having to reboot on a crash, because you could still get to a visible task manager window.

Last edited:

SAHC

寝取られ
Uploader
Donor
Aug 23, 2017
Hey, has anyone an idea why i can't click anything? So far i figured out to tap out of the game every time i click something....

*Edit found a solution for me, i had to disable fullscreen optimization
Solution also worked for me. Thank you!

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
"Something needs to happen" or "You must find out a new weakness".

There are really very few locations so:
- is the solution to let time pass (Therapist solves issue)
- or do I need to "pixelbitch" (catch each girl in specific location)
or what?

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
I'll admit, I have resorted to save scumming a few times to work out the weaknesses. Some are easy (Avery, for example) but Kylie's first seemed so random it was just about the last one I tried.

Minor nitpick though, a very well constructed game overall.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes