mattsvv

Apr 27, 2017
I'm stuck with jolee (80%) asks me to get a third weakness to make the party and Kailye (95%) can't convince her in the movie scene

platikus

Jan 5, 2018
is there any possible fix for "A JNI error has occured, please check your instalation and try again "followed by" A Java Exception as occurred " problem? I have latest java for win 64. my system win 64 also. i am keep getting this error. other bat file is opening and closing in microsecond. is there any solution?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'll admit, I have resorted to save scumming a few times to work out the weaknesses. Some are easy (Avery, for example) but Kylie's first seemed so random it was just about the last one I tried.

Minor nitpick though, a very well constructed game overall.
That first weakness for Kylie was just way out of left field.
I thought that one would be pretty easy because I was building it up for so long, since level 3. Maybe it was too long and less obvious in the end. But why else would she behave like she did? :D

Rubra

Aug 17, 2016
After trying a lot of different things the last 2 days (including several JDKs with FX) I finally got this game to run for me.

I had the same problem like several other people where the game would lock up on start and the task manager would show "Open JDK Platform binary - Not responding" (Windows10, 64Bit).

What worked for me was this:

-> Right click the "Paradise Found.exe"
-> Go to Compatability
-> Check "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
-> Start game with "Paradise Found.exe"

I had a feeling it had to be something like this because my second monitor was still reacting to all input but the main display was not.

Maybe this will work for other people as well.

Sober Satan

Jun 17, 2017
I hate when games start in "full screen" mode and I can't turn it off because my mouse pointer won't show up when it's full screen..smh too bad I wanted to check this out.

Reka5

Oct 15, 2017
what do i need to do to get 100% with the younger blond tenant? i am stuck at 98
Go to the cinema. Ask her for BJ.
If she rejected then repeat cinema event without BJ request several times.
Go to cinema again and when she accepted BJ then score = 100%.

omnifill

Jun 3, 2017
I thought that one would be pretty easy because I was building it up for so long, since level 3. Maybe it was too long and less obvious in the end. But why else would she behave like she did? :D
well, it actually just confusing because you're asking for their fetish. liking law just means its a conversation starter and or a personality quirk while a fetish is sexual in nature. nobody's going to be spouting out the case and verdict of the Maranda v Arizona when he's smashing (especially because that would be really creepy)

my suggestion is to have three separate categories for the discoveries. have a fetish, an enjoyed subject or activity, and have a personality trait section. for instance, the fetish would be kylies exhibitionism, an enjoyed subject/activity being her love of law, and for personality trait, kyrias dominant switch personality.

t

Reactions: anedwcan

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
After trying a lot of different things the last 2 days (including several JDKs with FX) I finally got this game to run for me.

I had the same problem like several other people where the game would lock up on start and the task manager would show "Open JDK Platform binary - Not responding" (Windows10, 64Bit).

What worked for me was this:

-> Right click the "Paradise Found.exe"
-> Go to Compatability
-> Check "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
-> Start game with "Paradise Found.exe"

I had a feeling it had to be something like this because my second monitor was still reacting to all input but the main display was not.

Maybe this will work for other people as well.
Thank you. This issue has been bugging me since the demo release. No one figured out how to solve it until the recent release of v0.3 where skareroge was the first one to report a workaround. The workaround has now been added to the OP under Troubleshooting. Now I just need to find out why this is happening in the first place and how to avoid it since most people with Windows 10 can run the game without this workaround.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I hate when games start in "full screen" mode and I can't turn it off because my mouse pointer won't show up when it's full screen..smh too bad I wanted to check this out.
Pressing "F" will toggle fullscreen on/off. I could add the info to the start screen.

Reactions: Sober Satan

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
nvm I found it, it's fashion
How do you find it? How do you exploit it?

I got I needed to buy wine at the very start, but then everything just stalled: nothing advances for any girl, "something must happen" or "you must find weakness".

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
I'm stuck with jolee (80%) asks me to get a third weakness to make the party and Kailye (95%) can't convince her in the movie scene
What do you need to do to find a weakness? Just grinding visits and talks get you to relationship 3 or 4, then everything just stops progressing.

Reactions: dav121

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
well, it actually just confusing because you're asking for their fetish.
No matter what I do I just get "something needs to happen" whenever I try buttons like "ask her what she's turned on by" or "ask her to show you her pantyhose".

Hint please.

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Well unfortunately I am in the same spot as anedwcan , "something needs to happen".
I think a sort of "hint" is in the characters highlighted from the general map menù, unless is a coincidence, those seems to be the more likely to progress.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
well, it actually just confusing because you're asking for their fetish. liking law just means its a conversation starter and or a personality quirk while a fetish is sexual in nature. nobody's going to be spouting out the case and verdict of the Maranda v Arizona when he's smashing (especially because that would be really creepy)

my suggestion is to have three separate categories for the discoveries. have a fetish, an enjoyed subject or activity, and have a personality trait section. for instance, the fetish would be kylies exhibitionism, an enjoyed subject/activity being her love of law, and for personality trait, kyrias dominant switch personality.

t
Actually, I am asking for weaknesses. Which could be anything that can be exploited. I want to have different things, sometimes odd ones, and not just "normal" sexual fetishes. The weaknesses are tools for manipulation, not necessarily to make them horny. Your suggestion is interesting though.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Well unfortunately I am in the same spot as anedwcan , "something needs to happen".
I think a sort of "hint" is in the characters highlighted from the general map menù, unless is a coincidence, those seems to be the more likely to progress.
screenshot1582826664580.png
You mean, like this? :D

Reactions: marz08

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
Beside what I wrote, I think the mistake I made was that I did not pay enough attention to the * events .

manymagicks

May 3, 2018
When I start a new game with version 0.3.01 and try to save as soon as the button is available (right after the introduction), I get the following exception:
Code:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3 >= 3
    at java.base/java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:463)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.table.DefaultTableColumnModel.getColumn(DefaultTableColumnModel.java:295)
    at game.Main.setColumnWidth(Main.java:2794)
    at game.Main.fixDetailsColumns(Main.java:2787)
    at game.Main.doSaveLoad(Main.java:2737)
    at game.Main.doSaveGame(Main.java:2707)
    at game.Game$10.actionPerformed(Game.java:1868)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2308)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:279)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6636)
    at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3342)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6401)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5012)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4844)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2762)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4844)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
    at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
After that the game crashes.

Edit: Looking at the code the issue seems to be within the custom file chooser implementation. There is already some special handling for mac os (where the method which explodes here isn't called), so perhaps similar special handling for linux is required to fix my issue. Some further testing also revealed that the issue can be triggered by just clicking on load after starting the game (though there is no stacktrace then).

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 106 Votes