Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The story progression for the different girls are heavily dependent on each other in the beginning, to keep them at roughly the same level. I didn't think people would get stuck on stuff like that though, or honestly really anything except not checking the shopping center for stuff to buy, since I thought the color system was clear enough. But seems many do get stuck before the "pill" event. Maybe a walkthrough up to that point would be a good idea. Also I could see if I can make it easier getting there.
I did get all to 100%, but there was some stages that was a bit frustrating to find the next step for progression. Maybe a subtle hint towards what to do next. Like "Maybe I should visit/check in on"..... Then again, I have a feeling some players doesn't necessary read the text that much either, more chasing the next scenes :p

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
The problem is that overall progress sooner or later gets stuck up on the smallest event. That the chance of this happening might not be all that great (judged by how relatively rare it that forumists recognize it) is of small comfort to those of us that HAVE experienced it. AFAIK, of the maybe twenty events the game loops through each week, there is one you might simply never click on each week, whether because you "didn't pay attention" or simply because of bad luck, and that results in everything eventually screeching to a complete halt. I mean, unless you luck out and just experience it, which likely happens in most cases, all the girls' storylines will eventually dry up.

At this stage, the various efforts by the game to help you doesn't help at all. As the player, you simply see the "something needs to happen" or the "you need to find another weakness" messages, which comes across as profoundly unhelpful.

In each of the cases, the real problem is that you have managed to not click one specific small seemingly-trivial encounter, that holds up one story, which in turn holds up another, and so on. I am talking about clicking a specific girl at a specific time (and possibly day of the week?). The story snippet itself can be entirely unremarkable. It doesn't have to have an asterisk, and very likely doesn't (since as a player you obviously hunt for those). I wouldn't even dare suggest the event in question will always be green, but here I simply don't know.

There is simply no way you can solve that by using logic or paying attention. Maybe if you did pay attention you got a hint way earlier, but now that you're in this position that's long gone. And I'm guessing each time you get stuck on a different little event, so hints and tricks won't help much either. That's just how the game is built - and you shouldn't change this, since it is the game's strength.

My best suggestion here isn't trying to identify the specific event, since it likely differs each time, and probably would be hell to identify (programatically, I mean).

Instead how about being able to enable a big ugly "CHEAT" button in the settings, and once enabled, when a player presses it (in desperation, I would presume) each and every girl's internal progression variable is increased by one, forcing the game past the point which holds everything back.

This way, you could experience hiccups where you lose out on a bit content, but it would probably still be far preferable to just telling players to methodically click every event a week offers, making sure not to miss out on any one of them (the real solution).

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The problem is that overall progress sooner or later gets stuck up on the smallest event. That the chance of this happening might not be all that great (judged by how relatively rare it that forumists recognize it) is of small comfort to those of us that HAVE experienced it. AFAIK, of the maybe twenty events the game loops through each week, there is one you might simply never click on each week, whether because you "didn't pay attention" or simply because of bad luck, and that results in everything eventually screeching to a complete halt. I mean, unless you luck out and just experience it, which likely happens in most cases, all the girls' storylines will eventually dry up.

At this stage, the various efforts by the game to help you doesn't help at all. As the player, you simply see the "something needs to happen" or the "you need to find another weakness" messages, which comes across as profoundly unhelpful.

In each of the cases, the real problem is that you have managed to not click one specific small seemingly-trivial encounter, that holds up one story, which in turn holds up another, and so on. I am talking about clicking a specific girl at a specific time (and possibly day of the week?). The story snippet itself can be entirely unremarkable. It doesn't have to have an asterisk, and very likely doesn't (since as a player you obviously hunt for those). I wouldn't even dare suggest the event in question will always be green, but here I simply don't know.

There is simply no way you can solve that by using logic or paying attention. Maybe if you did pay attention you got a hint way earlier, but now that you're in this position that's long gone. And I'm guessing each time you get stuck on a different little event, so hints and tricks won't help much either. That's just how the game is built - and you shouldn't change this, since it is the game's strength.

My best suggestion here isn't trying to identify the specific event, since it likely differs each time, and probably would be hell to identify (programatically, I mean).

Instead how about being able to enable a big ugly "CHEAT" button in the settings, and once enabled, when a player presses it (in desperation, I would presume) each and every girl's internal progression variable is increased by one, forcing the game past the point which holds everything back.

This way, you could experience hiccups where you lose out on a bit content, but it would probably still be far preferable to just telling players to methodically click every event a week offers, making sure not to miss out on any one of them (the real solution).
Your cheat suggestion isn't really possible to do codewise, but there is a similar solution that's already in the game. By changing the game speed to very fast you should effectively mark all actived (played) events as being played the required number of times, as long as you remain at that speed. I haven't tested this but as far as I can see that should be the case. I could maybe mention it in the game somewhere, that people could try this when getting stuck, as well as mentioning other hints. Like checking the mall for stuff to buy.
And btw, you never have to replay events that are not green, unless you want it or need the memory health.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Seems progress characters depends on progress with other characters as well. So you can't just grind up one specific character at a time. You also need to repeat some events over and over to build up relationship (talk), they not necessary green* but green harts. If you discover a girls weakness, you won't be able to trigger it before after the weekly meeting with the therapist.
Some progress events require you to give the girls a pill, or buy stuff at the mall. You can get a lot of hints from just read the text though.
Green hearts didn't work for me after a point either. Kept being told the stats were maxed until "something new has to happen/need a new weakness". Also why should the girls stories be linked when they have absolutely nothing to do with each other? Having to repeat green events that don't add, advance, or change is the perfect example of unneccessary grinding. Just got to a point where once I discovered a new weakness I had to click through 6 days of bs in order to see the Dr just to use it. What a waste of time. Pacing wasnt bad, storyline was unique and interesting just got bored with the same old scenes and mass clicking the advance time button.

Edit: Maybe some form of tracker so if you get stuck you can look to see what you need to do?

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
Also why should the girls stories be linked when they have absolutely nothing to do with each other?
Because it is a good thing that you aren't having nasty uninhibited sex with one girl while at the same time fainting at the mere sight of a bra with another?

That is, even if the stories weren't connected (which they are, at least for some girl pairings), the protagonist needs comparable progress with all of them or his reactions just fall apart.

Having to repeat green events that don't add, advance, or change is the perfect example of unneccessary grinding.
I don't think you need to repeat any given event (except when it's obvious, i. e. you need to talk to a girl three times to increase your rep on normal speed).

I think there are instead several events in hidden "mini event chains", and it is when you fail to click through all of them, one girl's progress stops, and a couple of weeks later, everybody else's too.

Just got to a point where once I discovered a new weakness I had to click through 6 days of bs in order to see the Dr just to use it.
I don't consider it a problem. Unlike the other issue, you're told when you need the good Doctor's input. If your memory can handle it, you can just skip ahead until Monday.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Green hearts didn't work for me after a point either. Kept being told the stats were maxed until "something new has to happen/need a new weakness". Also why should the girls stories be linked when they have absolutely nothing to do with each other? Having to repeat green events that don't add, advance, or change is the perfect example of unneccessary grinding. Just got to a point where once I discovered a new weakness I had to click through 6 days of bs in order to see the Dr just to use it. What a waste of time. Pacing wasnt bad, storyline was unique and interesting just got bored with the same old scenes and mass clicking the advance time button.

Edit: Maybe some form of tracker so if you get stuck you can look to see what you need to do?
If you haven't tried it, I would suggest that you play the game on fast, or very fast speed. I added that feature in v0.3 for people that feel strongly they want to minimize the grinding. You still need to visit the Dr of course.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
If you haven't tried it, I would suggest that you play the game on fast, or very fast speed. I added that feature in v0.3 for people that feel strongly they want to minimize the grinding. You still need to visit the Dr of course.
I probably would have until it told me that I would miss content by playing in any mode other than normal.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Because it is a good thing that you aren't having nasty uninhibited sex with one girl while at the same time fainting at the mere sight of a bra with another?

That is, even if the stories weren't connected (which they are, at least for some girl pairings), the protagonist needs comparable progress with all of them or his reactions just fall apart.

I don't think you need to repeat any given event (except when it's obvious, i. e. you need to talk to a girl three times to increase your rep on normal speed).

I think there are instead several events in hidden "mini event chains", and it is when you fail to click through all of them, one girl's progress stops, and a couple of weeks later, everybody else's too.

I don't consider it a problem. Unlike the other issue, you're told when you need the good Doctor's input. If your memory can handle it, you can just skip ahead until Monday.
Ah guess I didn't play enough to see a connection. However other than the closet lesbian and her friend and the older sister spying on you concerning the younger sister it had all been solo events. The reaction thing could have been written to be about fainting at the sight of his mom's bra not just any bra. Especially when your younger/less expierenced, making one conquest doesn't make you suave/stud/Casanova.

Just got to confusing having to hunt and search for what "something new needs to happen" is. That statement is so vague that it gives you no clue what "something new" even relates to. Heck half the time "something new" had to do with advancing a different girl that was in no way related to the original girl. Just seems a very unintuitive way to design a game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Ah guess I didn't play enough to see a connection. However other than the closet lesbian and her friend and the older sister spying on you concerning the younger sister it had all been solo events. The reaction thing could have been written to be about fainting at the sight of his mom's bra not just any bra. Especially when your younger/less expierenced, making one conquest doesn't make you suave/stud/Casanova.

Just got to confusing having to hunt and search for what "something new needs to happen" is. That statement is so vague that it gives you no clue what "something new" even relates to. Heck half the time "something new" had to do with advancing a different girl that was in no way related to the original girl. Just seems a very unintuitive way to design a game.
Certain events require you to use of your pills to give to girls. Which would make you take a hit on the memory thing. Imagine you spend several of those pills in a week.. and you could get game over. Now, with with unlocking events with some girls, that help negate that effect you can balance it out. Also once you unlocked a chain of events, you don't have to repeat the entire thing, you can just skip it and still get the + to memory.

Knowing you need to do "talk" 3 times to advance in relationship, it's just a matter of advance time/day to trigger the scene again to do so.

Of course, a slight hint towards what girl you need to approach next to progress, would made things easier.

anedwcan

Sep 25, 2017
Of course, a slight hint towards what girl you need to approach next to progress, would made things easier.
But I don't think the game can know this. That is, once you're in the stalled state, there's no easy way (for the program) to tell you which exact event you have missed clicking on, since this is likely a dependency several steps away in a chain.

It's not that you're stalling because you need to approach a girl next. In that case advice like "pay more attention" would actually have been useful.

You're likely stalled because an earlier, unrelated event still needs to happen to another girl entirely. The only solution available to the player as far as I can see is to methodically cycle through a week for girl #1, making sure you try out every event. Then repeat for girl #2, etc. Once you hit the correct event, either you're told to talk to the Doctor, you're given the "guess the weakness" minigame (which also means you need the Doctor), or new asterisked events starts to light up like crazy.

Either way, my experience is that you'll know when you nailed it. (Then you could stall again four or six weeks later, of course. Or you could luck out and never experience the stall ever again)

At least the dev is asserting the event needs to be green for it to have this "stalling power". If true, that narrows it down considerably. You still can't know which girl, though. (Obviously I don't know since I have no insight into the programming)

The main issue is: you have no clue what's going on and how to fix it. After all, it starts simply by new events slowly drying up, nothing abrupt that makes you realize something's wrong. Then you likely spend a few weeks slowly realizing you're not getting any new content. At this stage it's easy to think you've found a bug, or that the issue is with timing... (either week or time of day), or that you have missed something else (like how you need to visit the mall at times).

It would be incredibly useful if the program told you explicitly that stalling is a thing that can happen, and how you need to act to "unstall" the program!

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I probably would have until it told me that I would miss content by playing in any mode other than normal.
Yes, but overall it is minor content, usually descriptive because the event is taking into account that you are replaying the event. You won't miss out on whole events or event chains. Compare that to not playing the game at all...

Jul 12, 2017
I like the pacing (nicely balanced, I think), the image sets, the writing (although sometimes the girls still seem too wiling to get naked and I'd add at least a few more weeks of smooth relationship building) that's why I became a patron I guess. But there are two things that make me sad.

1) Update intervals - yes, I've read one of your answers in this thread but still it takes too long.
2) It's annoying when you fast-click thru some event and then you accidentally click "Advance time" just because right after "Continue" button disappears "AT" appears in the same place.

Reactions: Noambonsky

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I like the pacing (nicely balanced, I think), the image sets, the writing (although sometimes the girls still seem too wiling to get naked and I'd add at least a few more weeks of smooth relationship building) that's why I became a patron I guess. But there are two things that make me sad.

1) Update intervals - yes, I've read one of your answers in this thread but still it takes too long.
2) It's annoying when you fast-click thru some event and then you accidentally click "Advance time" just because right after "Continue" button disappears "AT" appears in the same place.
1) I will have some news about that in my coming status report on Patreon in about a day or so. See if you like it or not.
2) I wasn't aware that this was a problem. Can't remember experiencing it myself. I'll see if I can think of some solution. One way around it is to use the space bar when you want to fast forward. Also, since the last "Continue" button will always say "End" it will give you a warning if you're not too fast. Using the left "Continue" button is also a solution.

Last edited:

BoohooBitch

Oct 30, 2017
so i just started and the game is asking me to define the relationship with the women and girl entering the room. Is this the place where we put Mother and unlock incest or is she the landlady and mother and sisters are implemented elsewhere?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
so i just started and the game is asking me to define the relationship with the women and girl entering the room. Is this the place where we put Mother and unlock incest or is she the landlady and mother and sisters are implemented elsewhere?
It's where you define the relationship, yeah.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes