IDKAM

Aug 17, 2018
I just downloaded the saves and can someone tell me how to edit the names and relationship with the characters?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I just downloaded the saves and can someone tell me how to edit the names and relationship with the characters?
Just open it with a simple text editor, like notepad. I have edited the post with explanations on what the relationship fields mean. You can send me a PM if you need more help.

whewwow

Nov 15, 2019
I've tried to play this game multiple times but I can never get it to work past the introduction. I don't think my pictures and videos work. This is what it looks like right before it crashes. Same thing happens when I load a save and get to any point where there's supposed to be a picture I assume. I'll attach the error report. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. View attachment 719497
i have the exact same issue, found a solution?

Reactions: mailtomale

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I've tried to play this game multiple times but I can never get it to work past the introduction. I don't think my pictures and videos work. This is what it looks like right before it crashes. Same thing happens when I load a save and get to any point where there's supposed to be a picture I assume. I'll attach the error report. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. View attachment 719497
If anyone experiences this problem, it could be caused by using MSI Afterburner with On Screen Display enabled. Closing Afterburner or disabling the OSD should solve the issue. Thanks to whewwow for figuring it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailtomale

KVMSwitch

Aug 9, 2016
Oh by the way, I have an idea for you GRasputin. Hope you won't mind.

- It's nice that we can save "Memories" to look after. Though, I'd love to watch them not one by one but mostly on "scene" level. Would that be too much of a thing to cover? Hope I could make it clear but as an example let's say
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, I'd love to watch it from the beginning till the end without saving each image and clicking on them one by one, after I managed to unlock all of them, so to say.

Just my two cents to keep in mind!

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Oh by the way, I have an idea for you GRasputin. Hope you won't mind.

- It's nice that we can save "Memories" to look after. Though, I'd love to watch them not one by one but mostly on "scene" level. Would that be too much of a thing to cover? Hope I could make it clear but as an example let's say
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, I'd love to watch it from the beginning till the end without saving each image and clicking on them one by one, after I managed to unlock all of them, so to say.

Just my two cents to keep in mind!
I've had that request from several people. The problem is that it will probably take a lot of time to code something like that. And I never felt that I could spare that time instead of creating new content and doing other high priority stuff. But from v0.8 and forward I will skip the tight 30 day release cycle and take a few days rest now and then, going for maybe 35-40 days between releases. Maybe I will take some of that resting time to implement this idea. We'll see. No promise.

Last edited:

KVMSwitch

Aug 9, 2016
I've had that request from several people. The problem is that it will probably take a lot of time to code something like that. And I never felt that I could spare that time instead of creating new content and doing other high priority stuff. But from v0.8 and forward I will skip the tight 30 day release cycle and take a few days rest now and then, going for maybe 35-40 days between releases. Maybe I will take some of that resting time to implement this idea. We'll see. No promise.
Well then... Let me ask you. I've never been in a game development and stuff and I don't have MUCH Java experience, mostly a C# guy for 11 years now. Would you like to have someone trying to help you out with coding? I don't ask anything financial, can do it just as a hobby if you can guide me. =)

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Well then... Let me ask you. I've never been in a game development and stuff and I don't have MUCH Java experience, mostly a C# guy for 11 years now. Would you like to have someone trying to help you out with coding? I don't ask anything financial, can do it just as a hobby if you can guide me. =)
Thanks for the offer, but it wouldn't surprise me if it took longer to guide you and later checking everything than doing it myself. Not that I doubt your abilities. The actual coding shouldn't be hard. It's all the dependencies, flags and stuff that need to be taken care of, to make it work without bugs.

Plus, coding the engine is the most fun part. That's one reason I made my own engine instead of using an existing one. I'll be damned if I'm going to let someone else have the fun. :D Just talking about it now makes me want to do it. Almost all work on the game these days is grinding out new content, which gives the programmer in me very little to do, so I'm getting more and more starved for a "project" like this. But I'm supposed to be on vacation from the game this month, so...

KVMSwitch

Aug 9, 2016
Thanks for the offer, but it wouldn't surprise me if it took longer to guide you and later checking everything than doing it myself. Not that I doubt your abilities. The actual coding shouldn't be hard. It's all the dependencies, flags and stuff that need to be taken care of, to make it work without bugs.

Plus, coding the engine is the most fun part. That's one reason I made my own engine instead of using an existing one. I'll be damned if I'm going to let someone else have the fun. :D Just talking about it now makes me want to do it. Almost all work on the game these days is grinding out new content, which gives the programmer in me very little to do, so I'm getting more and more starved for a "project" like this. But I'm supposed to be on vacation from the game this month, so...
Well as said, I really don't have any game dev exp. so indeed it might take you more time. I know the hustle of training people. :D

But keep in mind anyway my man! Great job! Will get my salary in 4 days and you'll notice it. :p

Reactions: Alcahest

atahaa

Jan 18, 2018
Plus, coding the engine is the most fun part. That's one reason I made my own engine instead of using an existing one. I'll be damned if I'm going to let someone else have the fun.
GRasputin

Java was a horrible choice... There's absolutely 0 reasons for using Java for this, it's a major pita to
find the right JRE that supports whatever bs classes this game needs to display a freaking video.

Every major browser supports a number of video formats, so targetting the web would've been the sane choice.
Not to mention porting to Android then is just a matter of creating a webview and rendering the game inside that.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
GRasputin

Java was a horrible choice... There's absolutely 0 reasons for using Java for this, it's a major pita to
find the right JRE that supports whatever bs classes this game needs to display a freaking video.

Every major browser supports a number of video formats, so targetting the web would've been the sane choice.
Not to mention porting to Android then is just a matter of creating a webview and rendering the game inside that.
Java was a personal choice. I wanted to code my own engine and to do it in Java, everything else was just "I'll see if anyone wants to play this game". Having fun is a good reason, isn't it?

I'm assuming you don't run on Windows. I never intended to support this for macOS or Linux, but there are instructions in the OP and in the game folder where to download the proper JDK needed.

My next game might be in HTML.

Reactions: scarfer

atahaa

Jan 18, 2018
I'm assuming you don't run on Windows. I never intended to support this for macOS or Linux, but there are instructions in the OP and in the game folder where to download the proper JDK needed.
I've tried it on both Fedora 32 and Windows, only got it to work on Windows after hunting for the right JRE. Maybe I'm just a moron, but there's no obvious latest JRE download page when googling for it. Oracle provides only Java 8 without registration, for anything above you need to create an account... I had luck after searching for the "liberica" OpenJDK distribution which was previously mentioned here, but even then I made the mistake of not downloading the *full* jre the first time and it was still missing the video decoders.

Holy fuck for something that's supposed to be "write once, run everywhere" it sure is a pain. Even writing
it in C++ and distributing the video decoders .dlls would've probably worked flawessly under wine on Linux.

My next game might be in HTML.
The web is not well suited for every type of game, but for something like this were it's just text and static images/videos it's basically a perfect choice :)

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I've tried it on both Fedora 32 and Windows, only got it to work on Windows after hunting for the right JRE. Maybe I'm just a moron, but there's no obvious latest JRE download page when googling for it. Oracle provides only Java 8 without registration, for anything above you need to create an account... I had luck after searching for the "liberica" OpenJDK distribution which was previously mentioned here, but even then I made the mistake of not downloading the *full* jre the first time and it was still missing the video decoders.

Holy fuck for something that's supposed to be "write once, run everywhere" it sure is a pain. Even writing
it in C++ and distributing the video decoders .dlls would've probably worked flawessly under wine on Linux.

The web is not well suited for every type of game, but for something like this were it's just text and static images/videos it's basically a perfect choice :)
If you use Windows 64-bit you shouldn't need to download anything. It runs from the included JDK. If you have Windows 32-bit you need the extra files linked to in the OP.
Yeah, you need the correct Liberica dist which is also mentioned in the OP. Easy to get that one wrong.

Yeah, I agree it is more of a pain than one might expect when you hear that Java is platform independent.

Reactions: atahaa

Demonmercer

Aug 31, 2018
Im kinda stuck on Kylie she is on her first pill and at 7 relation, I can't raise it any higher and can't find a way to give her more pills. All her events (pool, spyware when with friend in her room etc) are yellow except for the one where you can ask her to show her boobs after helping her study and she acts kinda horny, that one is green but nothing happens if I talk or ask to see her boobs.

EDIT: NVM found the way to giver her the second pill.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 106 Votes