Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
One of the female characters has an Exhibitionist thing going on. She flashes the main character (you) in a few public settings, and has a few other events involving her enjoying being out in public.

Looking at the patcher files (hooray 7zip) it appears all that was added was a brief shot of her doing Laundry. Not really an event so much as a scene. One static picture and a 4 second vid of her loading the washer. If you saw that, you've seen the new content for her. I'm sure it will lead to further developments in the future, though.
Thanks dude that's real nice of you to answer usually no one does so I appreciate it. Well I was gonna play either way but it's nice to know... It's the little sister... err I mean the younger cosine... ROOMMATE, roommate, it's the younger roommate, right?

Feb 26, 2019
Here is the public release: v0.7.101
Update only, from v0.7.0+ to v0.7.101:

Compared to v0.7.00 (beta) in the OP, v0.7.101 is spellchecked and contains bugfixes. It also contains a small new event with the landlady (1 pic and 1 vid) which I added to test the new patcher, which will be used to update the game.

v0.7.1
- New short event with the landlady.
- Fixed bug which could get Kyra stuck at 88%. (v0.7.101)

I'm trying to update from 7.0 to 7.1 using this patcher. I tried this but it failed.

I extracted the rar into the directory with pf.jar. Upon doing so it asked if I wanted to replace the existing changelog (yes).
I ran the .bat as administrator and a command/system window opened. It appears to look for a path on C:\windows\system32 for jdk64\bin\java.exe or jdk\bin\java

neither of those exist in my system32 directory

the pf.bat and patcher.bat are both in the same directory within the game folder

Educated guess but it looks like it's trying to find java.exe but that is in the program files (x86) folder.

Also don't know if this matters but the game is on a different drive (D:) than my operating system (C:)

Any help appreciated.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Thanks dude that's real nice of you to answer usually no one does so I appreciate it. Well I was gonna play either way but it's nice to know... It's the little sister... err I mean the younger cosine... ROOMMATE, roommate, it's the younger roommate, right?
Correct.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I'm trying to update from 7.0 to 7.1 using this patcher. I tried this but it failed.

I extracted the rar into the directory with pf.jar. Upon doing so it asked if I wanted to replace the existing changelog (yes).
I ran the .bat as administrator and a command/system window opened. It appears to look for a path on C:\windows\system32 for jdk64\bin\java.exe or jdk\bin\java

the pf.bat and patcher.bat are both in the same directory within the game folder

Educated guess but it looks like it's trying to find java.exe but that is in the program files (x86) folder.

Also don't know if this matters but the game is on a different drive (D:) than my operating system (C:)

Any help appreciated.
theres a reason theres a patcherreadme.txt.

This patcher is made for Windows. If you don't use Windows, you can try to patch the game manually. See the section "MANUAL PATCHING" further down.

Instructions:
1) Extract the files in the main game folder, where pf.jar is.
2) Run patcher.bat and the patcher app should be launched.
3) Update the game.
its looking for the java runtime inside the game. folder

fuck java dammit. i cant read this. and its immune to cheat engine

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017

Any help appreciated.
Could it be that your cmd is broken?
You could take a screenshot of the cmd-window when the error occurs and attach it here or in a PM to me.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Looking at the patcher files (hooray 7zip) it appears all that was added was a brief shot of her doing Laundry. Not really an event so much as a scene. One static picture and a 4 second vid of her loading the washer. If you saw that, you've seen the new content for her. I'm sure it will lead to further developments in the future, though.
:FacePalm: :FacePalm: Seriously, just one click away from 100% ironing.
Yes, as I noted in the post with the update, the update is only 5MB and the only reason for adding the short landlady event was to test the patcher. It passed Patreon testing and now it's good to get feedback from the public in case there are problems, since this is the patcher I will use in the future, so people won't have to download the whole game everytime. Besides that, this version is spellchecked and contains some bugfixes. Since v0.8 won't be out until September, I wouldn't want the v0.7.00 beta release to be posted here during all that time.

Reactions: matsc and Daveck

Brok TheDog

Donor
Jun 2, 2018
Yes, as I noted in the post with the update, the update is only 5MB and the only reason for adding the short landlady event was to test the patcher. It passed Patreon testing and now it's good to get feedback from the public in case there are problems, since this is the patcher I will use in the future, so people won't have to download the whole game everytime. Besides that, this version is spellchecked and contains some bugfixes. Since v0.8 won't be out until September, I wouldn't want the v0.7.00 beta release to be posted here during all that time.
On my side, the patcher didn't work. I had to re-download the game and move the backup to the new version.

Feb 26, 2019
theres a reason theres a patcherreadme.txt.

its looking for the java runtime inside the game. folder

fuck java dammit. i cant read this. and its immune to cheat engine

Sorry...I don't understand what you're saying. I looked at the readme. It's why I mentioned I had the patcher.bat in the same directory as pf.jar. Did yuo mean I missed something else?

TIGER ACE

Jan 9, 2019
Patcher was not working for me because no JDK found. Anyway I tried 4-5 more times and it worked it gave the same no jdk found in cmd but than the updater started and it said it was done succesfully so if you are using the patcher just try few times and see what happens.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Patcher was not working for me because no JDK found. Anyway I tried 4-5 more times and it worked it gave the same no jdk found in cmd but than the updater started and it said it was done succesfully so if you are using the patcher just try few times and see what happens.
windows has the option to override environment parameters redirecting every unspecified command path to %windir%/system/
when you have issues you should investigate the .bat file and specify the full path of your install

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
windows has the option to override environment parameters redirecting every unspecified command path to %windir%/system/
when you have issues you should investigate the .bat file and specify the full path of your install
That shouldn't be necessary. I have made a fix that hopefully should solve the issue. Just waiting for verification.

Balifar

Jun 6, 2017
Game crashed. I free up some space on the HDD, but the game don't start anymore. I reinstalled it and starting with .bat also not working. Please help.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 106 Votes