Mar 5, 2018
Anyone else getting the videos just staying on their 1st frame and not starting? Anyone know fix for this please ?

Edit: Fixed, i extracted with 7-zip instead of winzip and the videos start proberly.

Last edited:

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
You can't just play new events (events with a *). If an event is green it means it is not finished. Some events have to be played several times. If you don't want to replay events you could set the game speed to very fast (I wouldn't recommended it though since you won't get the full experience). See Settings.
Great, I'm fucking colorblind and I literally can't tell which of those are the greens that need several plays XD

Reactions: Axbender

Tort

Feb 25, 2018
Oops. You can PM me with suggestions for an optional color to use instead of green.
TBH knowing some of my colour blind friends and the ways other games have made things colour blind friendly, adding symbols might be better. (Possibly make them optional if it looks a bit messy adding things like * & + % symbols to the text)

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
TBH knowing some of my colour blind friends and the ways other games have made things colour blind friendly, adding symbols might be better. (Possibly make them optional if it looks a bit messy adding things like * & + % symbols to the text)
Optional would be a given regardless. I was hoping a change of color would be enough because I think that requires less code to fix, but I have no experience with color blind people so if symbols are better...

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Optional would be a given regardless. I was hoping a change of color would be enough because I think that requires less code to fix, but I have no experience with color blind people so if symbols are better...
Symbols are better due to the differing types and severity of color-blindness. Otherwise something effective for one might not be effective for others.

Another option for symbols - add "(G)" or "(R)" to the end (or beginning?) of the choices/list/whatever.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Symbols are better due to the differing types and severity of color-blindness. Otherwise something effective for one might not be effective for others.

Another option for symbols - add "(G)" or "(R)" to the end (or beginning?) of the choices/list/whatever.
Yeah, well, I'll put it on my to-do list, which is pretty long at the moment, so no promises.

Reactions: ZenGarden

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, well, I'll put it on my to-do list, which is pretty long at the moment, so no promises.
Please don't get me wrong - this wasn't a demand in any way. It was an honest suggestion as an option.

I do apologize if it came off rude.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Please don't get me wrong - this wasn't a demand in any way. It was an honest suggestion as an option.

I do apologize if it came off rude.
No, I didn't read it like that at all. I guess I have to apologize back if it sounded that way. :)

Reactions: ZenGarden

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
Oops. You can PM me with suggestions for an optional color to use instead of green.
Ha, it's fine, you are not a major gaming company that should have to deal with stuff like that, but if you do then as suggested something other than colors would probably do the job.
The issue with only switching out colors is, that other colorblind types will still have issues.
For me using blue instead of red or green would work for example.
With such small text a combo of yellow, orange, red or green can be an issue for me.

My initial comment was also more like amusement and not a proper complaint.

Reactions: Alcahest

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
I'm running into an issue during/at the end of the introduction. I see the 'Five Days Later' screen then the first time I see lava I get an error message:

"MISSING IM:null.jpg, g:Angela, ev:100,0, sev:100,0

Please send 'errortext.log' from..."

I'm not seeing a errortext.log in the 0.10.01 folder, nor are there screenshots available that I can find. I'm on a Mac with JDK 15.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm running into an issue during/at the end of the introduction. I see the 'Five Days Later' screen then the first time I see lava I get an error message:

"MISSING IM:null.jpg, g:Angela, ev:100,0, sev:100,0

Please send 'errortext.log' from..."

I'm not seeing a errortext.log in the 0.10.01 folder, nor are there screenshots available that I can find. I'm on a Mac with JDK 15.
That's supposed to play a video, so sounds like a video issue. Make sure your JDK includes JavaFX. See "Mac and Linux help" in the OP. As stated there, I don't know if any mac people successfully run this game with videos.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I have been looking at adding support for people that want to translate the game, but that support would be with some limitations. If anyone is interested in translating the game, please send me a private mesage and I'll tell you more. I want to see if there is an interest in this somewhat limited support.

Edit: I should add that I'm not asking people to translate the game for me. But people have been asking how to translate the game so that's why I'm thinking of adding this support for anyone to use if they want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3369776

I wonder how long it is till new update. I want to nail "landlady" so bad, but each version seems to drag it out further and further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Noambonsky
4.30 star(s) 106 Votes