COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Hello, I was wondering if you could put the text of the videos also in the game, English is not my native language, and when I play these types of games I usually left click translate or copy the text and translate it with the translator Google, apart from that, if the browser is not in full screen it does not let you click on the box to enter the name, but it is solved by pressing control and turning the mouse wheel to make it smaller, I have only botched it a little but It looks good when I have a free day I'll take it easy.

This has been translated with Google, I say this because I get the feeling that it hasn't been translated at all well but I'm too lazy to review it :)
I would love to be able to do that. I don't know how possible it would be though. The current game just has the captions in the videos themselves. To be able to do what you are asking would require some kind of caption overlay of the videos. That is truly beyond the scope of my current project unfortunately. The sizing is something I am actively working on to fit on different screen sizes. Thank you for the feedback. I have tried to slow down some of the captioned scenes compared to how they were originally for language barriers. My apologies if this isn't enough.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Howdy COHL,
Please make online available as the size would take 4-6 hours to download however the comparison to "A Spell For All" does peak my interest greatly looking forward to playing if possible.
After resizing all the videos alone. I believe the overall download came down to 1.69 Gigs. Which is far better. Still ironing out bugs (twice now ugh.) But the next update should be far smaller.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I haven't played too far in, but there were a lot (guessing ~1/4 - 1/3) of images with obvious distortion, especially the close-ups of the faces.
I hope this will be fixed with the flex CSS but it may not be. Will have to get feedback on this.

COHL

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Unfortunately I am not the author, this dude is COHL

As for the parasite content, you can see the content ingame, when you enter the lab, you just need to make sure you have enough mana and then enter the door that needs a code, it says the code when you first enter the area. In that room you can possess the parasite and have at it, though at the end its still a softlock since you cant leave the area/ end of content.
Don't be so modest Dropdude! What you've made here is something great! I appreciate all the hard work you put into this buggy monstrosity. When's the next update?

klang

Aug 15, 2016
Looks interesting but 10gb is a lot of bandwidth for a first release—how much playtime is there?

Reactions: COHL

LightPinkBoy

May 29, 2018
No big complaints that you haven't heard.
Lot of bugs and dead ends.Videos are too big.
I can't watch the videos without going full screen which is a bit irritating.
Also the inventory blocks things all the time. Maybe make that something you can open and close

ThroneAweigh

Aug 7, 2018
I would love to be able to do that. I don't know how possible it would be though. The current game just has the captions in the videos themselves. To be able to do what you are asking would require some kind of caption overlay of the videos. That is truly beyond the scope of my current project unfortunately. The sizing is something I am actively working on to fit on different screen sizes. Thank you for the feedback. I have tried to slow down some of the captioned scenes compared to how they were originally for language barriers. My apologies if this isn't enough.
I think you're better off putting the caption script in a sidebar or as a link beneath the video so non-english speakers can open it up, translate it, and read along.

Dec 1, 2018
Of course! I learn so much from other people. Learning to code even a little bit has been very humbling to say the least. Is your game up anywhere?
Humbling is definitely the right word for it. :cautious: I think the big things saving me from making a billion mistakes is and my habit of testing every time I finish coding for the moment.

As for it being up anywhere, not yet! I'm not far enough to feel confident/comfortable posting it at the moment. I will eventually make a tumblr for it (as is common in the interactive fiction community) and put it up on itch, but only once I have some solid progress, but I'm hoping for that to happen by late April.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

ChaosGhost

Apr 22, 2019
entering massage palor and focus on memory then u finish session to and get the hint to find nuru lotion ...but then u leave and get a window what shows a text " At the edge of town a bar sits. This is the edge of town. Should probably put the bar here. Have it lead into the wilderness too. From the graveyard " and no continue button so im stuck without to use saves

ChaosGhost

Apr 22, 2019
Hey COHL ,
I see you fixed a lot of stuff, can you reupload the HTML file separately (so we don't have to download 10Gb again... :p).
Thx for the game !
yes please when u make bugfixes for typos/ect i think it would be good only to update the index.html if u make bigger updates just make the in smaller upgrade packs 10gb is always too steep to download

PS the mime videos dont show is there a solution to that i use firefox ???

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
COHL Also, off that screenshot right above, I think thats two, not too & corridors, 2 r. "Your Mom walks down the coridors with you when you notice too researchers and your Mom takes notice and smiles."

Fix
"Your Mom walks down the corridors with you when you notice two researchers and your Mom takes notice and smiles."

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes