VN Ren'Py Abandoned ParaScape [Day 1] [Harkonnan]

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Okay, on to more significant matters... Will this be a pure lesbian game, or will there be male options? Also, will any sexual activity be optional or not? A list of planned (also never-to-be implemented) fetishes would be helpful to those who might like to try your game. Because right now, there is probably way too little information to entice people to download it.
There will be males as well. At this point I'm thinking of putting in lesbian sexual activities as well as male with female sexual acts.

There will never be futa/trans or dick girls of any kind as this does not appeal to me and I will not write it. There will also be no NTR.

Group sex is under consideration and I haven't really decided yet.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will look into adding some information about some planned fetishes in the OP.

Reactions: Walter Victor

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android Day1 APK
Android games updated daily -

Reactions: Harkonnan

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Sorry for the long absence. I had some major equipment issues. Everything is working again and I can now get back to work. I will try to have a new release out by next weekend.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Just figured I would drop a teaser pic here to give you a hint about some of the happenings. I'm continuing working at a breakneck pace trying to get a release out as quickly as possible that and still have it be the best quality I can muster at this time. As I learn more about RenPy and Python in general my game will improve. I will always try to give the best I can. bg cassmile1.png I am still on track for a release this weekend. So here's hoping all continues to go well.

Reactions: LorgarAurelian

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I have been working on trying to create better renders and suffered many set backs trying to use different tools.

Sorry for the long absence.

The tool that gave me the most trouble (for those that know) was LRE. My colors kept getting washed out. I was trying to use LRE so I could use IBL as LRE was listed as a requirement for IBL. Apparently that is not the case. I now have IBL working fine without LRE. At any rate this has make a dramatic change in the appearance of my renders.

However there is still one thing that seems to refuse to work properly and that's Hide UI. Once that is fixed I will post some screens for comparison and ask for advice on whether to to redo the renders or just continue.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I know this is OT but I'm not sure where to put this.

If anyone is familiar with IBL I could use some help with contrast and color balancing. This image looks pretty bad in my opinion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The colors seem over-saturated and the contrast seems way too high. Been playing around with different setting but can't seem to get it right. If I get the clothing colors right everything else washes out or looks faded. Any help would be appreciated.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I got it as close as I could to what it used to look like. Hopefully it's close enough. I underestimated just how much lighting can affect and image. If there is a discernable difference let me know which one you like better. Also I would like to know your opinion on whether or not I need to redo old images or if the image quality is close enough to not really matter.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I'm not confused. I know what I wrote. Parami is the MC you are not. Try playing the game and I think it will be a bit more clear.

Edit:

Just realized my statement seemed a little harsh. That was not my intention so to clarify; MC is the Main Character and PC is Player Character. They are not always one in the same. That may be the case for most VNs that you control the main character. I wanted to do something different. You do not control the MC directly but you do however have a certain influence over the MCs decisions. The MC will not always do what you suggest and will act on their own as the story requires. I hope this clarified things and I apologize if I seemed rude for the way I responded initially.
If the character I direct (Player Character as you said) isn't the one who is going to have the sex scenes, then I don't want to see any. Or the Facilitator has sex scenes, or posibly I'm not interested in the game.

In any case, thanks for sharing and good luck.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Due to the less than stellar reception my game received I had trouble focusing on the project as public opinion was really important. I'm going to resume the project as kind of a hobby putting out releases when I get around to it. I will be working on the project from here on out, but as I said it will be when I feel inspired. Suggestions and feedback that help make the game/story better would be appreciated. Any further unhelpful comments will be disregarded. If you have an honest opinion on how to make my game or story better please share what you think and why you think what you do. I want to make the best game I can.

Currently I think I have bout 20-30 renders left to do for day 2 then I will begin writing day 3. I don't plan on making every day of the year but in the beginning I thought showing the first week in full would help establish a good foundation for the characters and story.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Due to the less than stellar reception my game received I had trouble focusing on the project as public opinion was really important. I'm going to resume the project as kind of a hobby putting out releases when I get around to it. I will be working on the project from here on out, but as I said it will be when I feel inspired. Suggestions and feedback that help make the game/story better would be appreciated. Any further unhelpful comments will be disregarded. If you have an honest opinion on how to make my game or story better please share what you think and why you think what you do. I want to make the best game I can.

Currently I think I have bout 20-30 renders left to do for day 2 then I will begin writing day 3. I don't plan on making every day of the year but in the beginning I thought showing the first week in full would help establish a good foundation for the characters and story.
That' too bad, I really liked it(the setting and consept is really neat) and hope that you get inspired so we get to see more of your vision. And I think that doing every day the first week before any timeskips is good so that we the players get a chance to get to know the characters and be a bit familiar whit the story and universe.

Reactions: Harkonnan

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
That' too bad, I really liked it(the setting and consept is really neat) and hope that you get inspired so we get to see more of your vision. And I think that doing every day the first week before any timeskips is good so that we the players get a chance to get to know the characters and be a bit familiar whit the story and universe.
Thanks for the positive feedback.

I have all of the writing done for day 2 just need to finish the renders and proofread/edit the dialog. I will try to have it out by this time next week. I know that's not really saying much since it's already mostly done but as I said inspiration has been an issue. I just don't want to do what everyone else has done. There are way too many click-n-fap games out there. I was hoping to make a more story-centric game with a unique story. I guess I'll see how the next release is treated and go from there. If more people like it then I will probably be encouraged to work on it more.

What really surprised me was since the game is free with no monetary attachments and people still seemed to spew venom at it. No Patreon or Subsribestar or anything. I was just making a game to get something new out there and hopefully inspire more creators to think outside the box and my first post was "No sex, no point. Ignored." I think that guy kinda set the pace for everything that came after. I wish there was a way to remove posts like that. I can just imagine when people go to look at my game and see that for the first post they're going to be like wtf I'm not playing this. Well it is what it is. Like I said I will try to get the next release out by next Saturday.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
I've opened the programs several times to do the renders but I just can't stay focused on the project. I haven't forgotten about this and I haven't abandoned it. I'm thinking one of these days I'll just sit down and force my way through the renders to get the next release out. Perhaps it will revitalize my interest in the project. We'll see what the future holds.

Reactions: LorgarAurelian

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I've opened the programs several times to do the renders but I just can't stay focused on the project. I haven't forgotten about this and I haven't abandoned it. I'm thinking one of these days I'll just sit down and force my way through the renders to get the next release out. Perhaps it will revitalize my interest in the project. We'll see what the future holds.
Well, I don't want to push you, but I would like to see more of your game.
It's short for now, but I have liked what I have seen so far.
As a fan of female protagonist and lesbian game, it's promising.
But I understand that making a game is very time consuming. And that it can be hard to keep enough interest and motivation to pursue it.
I just hope you will find them one day to continue.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Since you guys seem interested I'll give you this to hold you over. bg remodel1.png
I am making another attempt at progress today. I have over 40 renders still to do so I'm not sure how much of it I will get done. I guess even if I do a few renders a day I should hopefully be able to get a release out in maybe 2 weeks. No promises but that's my target date at the moment.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Harkonnan on little thing.
I found that with the font you used, it's a bit difficult to see when the text is inner thoughts and when it's spoken words.
I find that the italic for inner thoughts is not distinct enough from the normal scripting.
Maybe you can also change the color?

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Harkonnan on little thing.
I found that with the font you used, it's a bit difficult to see when the text is inner thoughts and when it's spoken words.
I find that the italic for inner thoughts is not distinct enough from the normal scripting.
Maybe you can also change the color?
I'll look into this and see what I can come up with to make it easier to tell what's, what.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Bad news. No update. I got distracted playing Warframe and didn't get much done. I will continue plugging along as they say and when I have day 2 finished I will post it. Sorry for the long wait. It will probably be another few weeks since I should be getting Protea today from the Twitch drop(for those that play Warframe you know what this means.).

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Just wanted to let you all know my main pc is down. It was acting funny and I couldn't find anything wrong(viruses or malware or bad patches/updates) so I opened it up and noticed it was full of dust. The heat-sink for both the processor and graphics card were completely packed with dust. I guess that's what happens when you forget to clean the inside of you pc for almost 7 years. Anyway I am waiting for thermal paste to put things back together. I am lucky my computer still works after such abuse. I'll let you know when I get things back together.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Just wanted to let you all know my main pc is down. It was acting funny and I couldn't find anything wrong(viruses or malware or bad patches/updates) so I opened it up and noticed it was full of dust. The heat-sink for both the processor and graphics card were completely packed with dust. I guess that's what happens when you forget to clean the inside of you pc for almost 7 years. Anyway I am waiting for thermal paste to put things back together. I am lucky my computer still works after such abuse. I'll let you know when I get things back together.
That's too bad, hope you get it working again:).