Posseman

Dec 18, 2022
I would love to play this game but no matter what I choose at the start, going to get a hooker or to see Adara at the tavern the game crashes as soon as the MC is about to finish. I have no idea why this is happening or how to get past it so guess I can't play.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/data/world_quests/main/prologue/script_prologue.rpy", line 710, in <module>
File "game/engine/gallery/gallery_functions.rpy", line 45, in unlockGalFlag
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I would love to play this game but no matter what I choose at the start, going to get a hooker or to see Adara at the tavern the game crashes as soon as the MC is about to finish. I have no idea why this is happening or how to get past it so guess I can't play.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/data/world_quests/main/prologue/script_prologue.rpy", line 710, in <module>
File "game/engine/gallery/gallery_functions.rpy", line 45, in unlockGalFlag
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str
Delete persistent data in options. See if the issue persists when you retry.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Sorry im not following
You asked "what is a cheat code?".
I explained to you in exhaustive detail what a "cheat code" is.
I will now go into even further more exhaustive detail in my answer since you still did not understand.

We are in a thread discussing a video game which is called "Parasite black".
As a video game, you play it on your computer.
In a single player video game, you might not want to spend your time grinding. So you want to cheat.
How then do you facilitate cheats?

Well, there is a place inside the game where you press a button. And you are then prompted to type in a "cheat code". This is a "code" that unlocks a specific "cheat".

cheat means an unfair advantage. in this case, letting you skip doing repetitive tasks.
"code" means "letters and numbers".

For example. In the famous video game "starcraft" by blizzard. If you typed "black sheep wall" it will reveal the entire map. eliminating the fog of war mechanic.
This is a cheat. which is enabled by the specific code "black sheep wall". put together it is a "cheat code".
There are many different codes, each doing a different thing.

• Haha
Reactions: acowasto

AgencyChoda

Sep 7, 2022
I don't know if its just me but it says "Unrecognized app. running this app might put your pc at risk"
Not sure if its problem in latest update of game.

Downloaded for first time today

Alucard421

Aug 5, 2021
What the FK is going on with the map? Just asa one gets acquianted with one system, the dev introduce another nonsense into the system. What in the world ios going on in the map? Previously it was simply from valley of death to Novaras city. Now when I try to go from valley of death to Novaras city I am stuck in some other map and without any fking resources I am drawn into fights that I dont want. WHy the fk does this game gets worse with each fking update? WHy just why.

Does killing enemies not reduce infection? what the fuck is going on each update?

Wow this game just became the worst game ever with this updatye. Dremora no longer drop bronze or gems. Killing them doesn't drop infection. Earning money is a nightmare. RNG has somehow got worse. Map within map ruined whatever was happening previously. Yup time to get my hands awash from this gem turned to shit trash.

Last edited:

triple_aaa

May 29, 2020
It does not matter if there are other random events.
the way you are handling travel right now is terrible. And you just made things WAY WORSE in the latest update.

Look, just try to travel from your home to to ves camp to talk to her. (lets not even get into the herculian task of coming back)

It used to be that to travel to ves I needed to do:
1. exit home
2. go down.
3. go left.
4. go down to exit city.
5. click on globe
6. click on valley of death
7. click on globe
8. click on ves' camp
9. click to enter her tent

which was already fucking obnoxious.

Now it is (using the shortest path):
1. exit home
2. go down.
3. go left.
4. go down to exit city.
5. click on globe
6. click on valley of death
7. click on step on route.
8. click enter.
9. do a fight
10. click on destination.
11. click enter. (I am now at equivalent of step 6 before)
12. click on globe. (equivalent to old step 7).
13. click on ves' camp
14. click on path.
15. click enter
16. do a fight
17. click on destination.
18. click enter. (equivalent to step 8).
19. click to enter her tent

This had a minimum of 2 fights. which each take many more clicks.
I used the shortest possible path. It can be way longer.
There is absolutely no reason it has to be this way.

In a standard RPG the way it would actually work is:
1. click on globe icon when there is no block on leaving the city. (ex: if at home and fasttravel_unlocked_city variable is true)
2. click on target (ex: ves' camp)

The game then rolls X random encounters based on the distance traveled and possibly settings (where you can disable random encounters or lower their frequency).

And when I do randomly encounter a combat, if it is a trivially weak enemy don't force me to make 20 clicks but let me click "autoresolve combat" button.

And people still rightly complain about how obnoxious those random encounters are in a normal RPG... yet you took that already tiresome mechanic and dialed it up to 11.
>makes the travelling system even more tedious.
Guess I'll try this game in future updates then.

Reactions: WadeWilsoon
4.30 star(s) 74 Votes