lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

Hey guys, it's been a while but a lot of stuff has happened! :)
First things first, we're awaiting final review on Steam's approval with the demo, as soon as it's up, we'll let you guys know! Not long now!
Remember, If you haven't already, please wishlist Parasite Black over on steam! Every wishlist helps! Link to the steam page here:

Now onto the main development news!
Here's a couple cool things and changes we've been working on recently!

Combat:
Continuing on from previous news-posts, we're continuing to tweak and improve combat further. Aside from UI changes, changes to XP and overhauling skill tress and such, all enemies in the game should now have different stats and such finally, so expect combat to feel VERY different.
We still haven't got the player able to transform into his parasite form during combat, but that's next on the list.

(WIP - Combat overhaul above).

Relationships system redefined:
The current relationship system is being overhauled into something more RPG-friendly. Your relationship chart will now detail what kind of relationship you have with certain characters you've met, any major relationship changing events, whether they're alive or not and more!

(WIP - Relationships UI overhaul above).

Barati... A collectable card game in PB?:
While combat and essential works take priority, we've jotted out plans for a card game within PB and have all the base cards complete!
Throughout the world, the plan is you'll be able to buy/win collectable special cards which you can use to enhance your 'special cards' deck, which can be used to help turn the game in your favor against your opponent.
If all goes well, all sorts of rewards can be found and won, and we think it'll add a new intricate layer to the world building hopefully!
Barati is in preliminary stages for now, and is probably best described as blackjack with more than a few twists...

The base cards for Barati (above)

Finally,
We just wanted to say the latest update is coming along, they'll be more news on that front soon, but the work (and work-load) is very intense, but, it will hopefully elevate this game into something truly awesome!

If you have any questions, PLEASE ask them here or over on the discord and we'll try get back to you as soon as we can!

As always,
thank you all so much for your support,
you guys are awesome and really keep things going around here!
Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

"Your wife? No, can't say I've seen her..."

loljkxd

Feb 20, 2018
In the fight after training with Markus, any time I take any action against the enemy I crash. Added the crash log in my post. Already did the delete persisting data stuff

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
In the fight after training with Markus, any time I take any action against the enemy I crash. Added the crash log in my post. Already did the delete persisting data stuff

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just checking, you're not using an old save from a previous build or anything, right?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Any new content with Regina?
Update schedule plan:

1.) -Steam demo build (this is mostly just a tech update, it will contain 1-2 additional new lewd scenes but it's just the prologue of the game extended and revamped, should be out in next few days for free for everyone).

2.) -Mages of Palam part 1 (Will contain other new characters and lewd content)

3.) -Mages of Palam part 2 (*May* contain more of Captain Nyx but I may push her back to after Regina)

4.) -Regina, Sypha and main story.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Barati... A collectable card game in PB?:
Can I be skeptical that this is a good idea? It's already difficult making good progress with these sorta games. So to "waste" time on this is questionable to me. What does it really add? Will "blackjack with some twists" be actual fun (if I want to play a card game, I'll play a card game...)? I don't know; usually I think the minigames at little for all the effort they require. Makes sense in some games, but here? Eh.

Being skeptical isn't to say I'm not willing to let myself be convinced. I just expect not to be convinced ;)

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Can I be skeptical that this is a good idea? It's already difficult making good progress with these sorta games. So to "waste" time on this is questionable to me. What does it really add? Will "blackjack with some twists" be actual fun (if I want to play a card game, I'll play a card game...)? I don't know; usually I think the minigames at little for all the effort they require. Makes sense in some games, but here? Eh.

Being skeptical isn't to say I'm not willing to let myself be convinced. I just expect not to be convinced ;)
It's one that's on the backburner in the sense that, we're focused on the big, important stuff right now.
-Improving combat and core mechanics
-Adding new content
-Improving old content/revamping art.

Once we're comfortably satisfied with the above and have some breathing room, that's when we'll go back and be like 'Ok, now we can put a little energy into this...'

I do think/hope it'll be fun and good for world-building etc, but the priority is always the core gameplay loop and content.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

The Parasite Black steam is expected to launch in the next 24–48 hours, pending no issues!

Remember, this is NOT the official update, but we hope you guys check it out to give us your feedback on some of the many changes we've made to gameplay and things! The prologues' story has been expanded and reworked, with some new (small) additional lewd content!

We hope you enjoy!
And please, remember, If you haven't already, wishlist Parasite Black over on steam! Every wishlist helps! Link to the steam page here:

Sister Divine rework (above - WIP)

Thank you guys so much for your support!
The big update will be with you soon, we're working hard to toil that behemoth out for you!
Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The steam demo is now out!

Hey guys! The steam demo is now out for everyone for FREE!
Please let us know what you think and give us some feedback, and don't forget to WISHLIST the game for the early access release!
STEAM LINK:

Please remember:

-This is only a DEMO:- It is NOT an official update! It only contains the opening prologue, which has been fully reworked and mostly remastered, pending a few character models. The next official release will incorporate all the changes you see, and more, as well as new content! DO NOT DELETE YOUR OLD BUILD!

-There is some light new additional lewd content, alongside new story related content and swathes of improvement to gameplay!

-Improvements are still continuing, this is not the finished product! Stay tuned for the big release!

-The game is planned to enter EARLY ACCESS for the end of Act 1! (Within the next 2-3 updates!)

As always,
thank you guys so much for your support!
You guys are awesome and make all of this possible!
We can't wait to show you what we've been cooking with the next official release!
Love,

-Damned Studios

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Before I start getting spammed with:-

"Wut the hell, where update? Why's there less content in the steam versionnnn??"

Dear god, please ... Read some of the posts above. It's the steam demo build, not the official update.
-It's only meant to be the prologue for steam players.
-It's been reworked/remastered, there's some 'light' new lewd and story scenes
-Yes, the new content and changes in the steam demo will be 'merged' with the next update release.
-Early access release is planned in the next 2-3 updates from now.

1717624484771.png

zandalari

May 4, 2019
"Wut the hell, where update? Why's there less content in the steam versionnnn??"

Been waiting for this to get to a stable position before trying. Should be soon by the looks of it, good luck until then!

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes