Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
What is FOE?
I suppose s/he meant Fenoxo's Fall of Eden.

Not to be offtopic though, I've played the game and the concept indeed seems interesting, the writing is solid, but the lack of any graphics is disappointing, there's also not much of erotic content yet. I suppose I'll play this game more during summer, when I'll be spending more time at work :p

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
There really aren't enough games where you can ascend to godhood narratively and gameplay wise. I think Divine Divinity and maybe Baldur's Gate 2 (maybe? Never played it) are pretty much it.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
I suppose s/he meant Fenoxo's Fall of Eden.

Not to be offtopic though, I've played the game and the concept indeed seems interesting, the writing is solid, but the lack of any graphics is disappointing, there's also not much of erotic content yet. I suppose I'll play this game more during summer, when I'll be spending more time at work :p
Gotcha, and I've played it a bit.

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Really disappointed that you can't breed a legion of followers. It seems the game wants to push you down a path, rather than letting you make your own.

Fakecrash

May 26, 2017
All those tags and that similar Premise made me remember another game, named Apotheosis by Scheherazade, maybe they got some inspiration from it :p ?

saddly it's not finished and probably will never be, as author declared he can't be involved with the game anymore, and also removed the posts and links from TFGsite =S

• Wow
Reactions: Rycharde's Realm

vasnix

Oct 24, 2017
got the massive fuck up (your words, not mine) message when trying to load a save. twice.

shakey2

Mar 6, 2018
While text based is a good choice for making a game with tons of variety, I can't help but be cynical about the ambitiousness of this game of yours. So I'm gonna play the bad guy here that everyone criticizes for "being too harsh on a new developer".

Let's take fenoxo for an example as someone who is a successful creator of similar content. Fen has this polished and completed game which was focused in what it was, an rpg style text adventure. The game had a decent sized cast and a started development many years ago. A large chunk of the game's characters and events were written by various contributors as well. Then there is the current project which is another extremely focus RPG with a little more ambition to it than the previous project, this one being set in space and adds new systems on top of the previous game's, like group fights. Again this is receiving contributions from various people and is being treated like a job.

Now since most my examples of games that tried to go big like yours here are lost to the archives, dead websites, and obscurity. I'll instead use a famous example of a game by a big studio that tried to do too many things at once and was received poorly by players and critics alike for being extremely shallow. EA's Spore. While the game has some die hard fans out there and its not (in my opinion) a bad game, the real problem is what people got was not what was promised. Or a more recent well known example, No Man's Sky.

The point I'm trying to get at here is;
You are making too many promises for a single dev. Especially one who is currently getting only 42$ a month. For the amount of systems and fetishes you are talking about including I can't imagine you sticking to it to the end. Have you made and finished anything in the past to put some backing to these promises? And while I'm being so blunt I'll say this whole thing screams patreon scam. Put all these tags up, get a bunch of people with a big net, promise all these features and hope to get as many people putting their money in your wallet while you sit and push tiny low effort updates. If you are truly serious about this project I suggest you reconsider the scale of your project and the amount of time and effort it's going to take you. If this truly isn't just an attempt at easy money then I wish you luck.

KingDoggo

Mar 13, 2019
I'm cautiously optimistic, this is exactly the type of game I've been looking for, so I'll be watching this closely! If this turns out to be one of the many abandoned projects, I'm gonna be super bummed.

Reactions: Fatjoe698

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
There really aren't enough games where you can ascend to godhood narratively and gameplay wise. I think Divine Divinity and maybe Baldur's Gate 2 (maybe? Never played it) are pretty much it.
The Baldur's Gate series definitely has elements.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Couple other games with ascension to godhood/godhood that jump to mind:

ES:III Morrowind
ES:IV Oblivion - Shivering Isles expansion
Black and White 1 & 2 - You play as a god, with powers developing further as you play.
Ultima Series: You play as the (pathetic) avatar of a god (it can be killed by rats...)

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
ES:III Morrowind
Nice try, but there is no definite evidence

As for this game, it have nice setting and show some promise, but just like others said before me, author bites too much for him to swallow, he should just focus on a single "world" for now and see how it goes while working at Beyond in the background to make it some sort of a central hub.

The worst thing about this alpha version is that we can't bang or get banged by guardian angel or First and there is only a single sex scene.

Last edited:

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Ultima Series: You play as the (pathetic) avatar of a god (it can be killed by rats...)
HEY! Don't mock my main intro to the computer gaming world. That and where I worked for a couple of years in the early 90s. Richard Garriott the founder of Origin Systems and the Ultima series.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Dev: I'd tone down on the tags until said toned down tag is ingame. For instance, I'm working on a game that is still pre-alpha (no releases as yet). As the game has taken shape I'd added this or that fetish until I noticed how large the list was (the list is huge, btw). So, not wanting to be seen as an over-eager n00b, or a patreon scam artist (wouldn't be a "patreon" scam artist to begin with due to their infamous views on several fetishes, but I digress), I broke up my game into chapters. After I complete a chapter I will add any fetishes or tags as needed.

The prologue I'm working on, the sexual content is going to be a dream sequence where the MC doesn't know who it is but he is receiving a blowjob. So when I release it I'll only add blowjob and any other non-fetish tags that are part of the prologue. I'm also going to add a COUPLE planned fetishes from chapter 1 so people don't think it's not a blowjob-only game. ;)

That has helped me in the story progression focussing on what is needed not what will be coming down the pipeline.

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Ambitious project, just a question, aren't tags supposed to be only for "already available in the game" content and not "to be implemented in future updates" content ? That was what I understood of F95 rules.

'Cause I was like a kid on Christmas here (you don't say) shouting "So many tags !! Much content !!" and in the end you reach the end in less than 30 minutes, 15 of which I spent on intro and character creation. I won't hide I was disappointed for such a short gameplay time, even for first release, when it's supposed to be a text based game.

But I understand it's a first release so I expect a lot for the future.

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes