yxdreamsxy

Donor
Jun 11, 2017
I'm a big fan of RPG text-based game especially where you have the freedom to free roaming and do whatever you want. The problems with most of the text-based game are that they force you or focus too much into a niche fetish such as sissification, transformation, gay, submissive, ntr, vore, gore, bdsm, etc. Nothing wrong with these fetishes/genres, I do enjoy some of them from time to time. It's just that I would like to have the option to choose a different choice/ style of play.

Therefore my most favorite text-based game so far would be Lilith's Throne, that game has many of the above fetish, yet it also give you the freedom to choose to avoid and play a different route. I hope this game can deliver something like that as well. An Ambitious project indeed. Best of luck!

Sain

Sep 22, 2018
The premise and ideas sound interesting!
I hope you're able to stick to it, but you may want to pace yourself on all that content (or find volunteers/writers).

Best of luck!

Morsamare

Jun 5, 2017
I like the concept and but the execution of just this segment leaves a lot of questions for the rest going forward. The fact that a high con can cause monsters to give you hit points on attacks, the infinite spawning of vines if alone by skipping a few rounds eventually leading to a crash. The misspelling of words all add-in making it hard to see the promise of further development as remotely attainable.

I'll hold out minor hope, but if this quality fo the foundation of your work, it may need to be revisited. Many of the issues can be pretty easily fixed such as capping the effect of con at preventing all but 1 point of damage so that enough foes will eventually kill you, to have the vines spawn vines of a different type, perhaps small vines that do not call more, or do so at vastly reduced rate. These were just the issues I had farming vines on the first world to see how things worked. Magic spells only seemed to hit the first attacker even after that target was dead, even if that target was dead at the time of the casting.

Anyways, thanks for sharing this, and I do hope that this progresses, but the unpolished nature of this makes it feel even less than an alpha draft. Perhaps an outline-

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Nice try, but there is no definite evidence
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You might need to do a replay

HEY! Don't mock my main intro to the computer gaming world. That and where I worked for a couple of years in the early 90s. Richard Garriott the founder of Origin Systems and the Ultima series.
it can be killed by rats...

May 17, 2018
The worlds and mechanics seem really promising and the coding seems solid enough. Few bits of advice. Tone down the customization a tad, otherwise sex scenes will turn out 'samey' as the same descriptions are repeated over and over again as they're fished out from the pool the player has selected, or it'll take you aeons to write stuff.

Good example of this is Fenoxo's COC/TITS which inspired this I'm sure. Don't forget that your world one looks like COC on its own, and Fenoxo needed years, large patreon payments, and a whole cast of writers, and he still had mental breakdowns and huge controversies.

Focus on one world. Your world designs are fascinating and interesting... I'm almost tempted to say drop the generic fantasy or sci-fi worlds and instead focus on one of the more unique ones. You won't be able to compete with COC or FOE (A better, but incomplete game IMO). So instead use the imaginative scenes and characters you have in the other worlds.

I'd also suggest not giving the player a choice on which world to visit when, make each one like a 'level' the player must complete. It'll let you structure the game and also respond to player's decisions more. So that the player character's responses and personality can develop as the play potentially.

I'm honestly skeptical. The way you've tagged so many kinks without having them in the game has me suspicious. But I love some of the world designs and plot devices already seen in this brief (calling it a demo is generous). Which is why I spent the time writing this advice. On the kink side, try to avoid tagging ones that'll get complex and heavy in the coding, pregnancy is a good example. I know people will bitch and moan, but once the game gets big I'm sure you can get someone to code that part in while you focus on the basics that need to be there.

Try to avoid 'death' decisions, they're obnoxious. Yes banging the dangerous witch might be a dumb idea, but those are incredibly obnoxious and 'rail-roady' in choose your own adventure novels, let alone a text game like this. Try playing Fall of Eden's opening bit and you can see what I mean about the quality there in that any pathways you choose are pretty much viable.

Finally, ignore the babies in the chat whining about 'text games' people on the net are spoiled brats, and especially those who browse hentai games like these. I don't know what it is, but if something doesn't cater *exactly* to their stupidly specific and often debauched desires that nobody else would enjoy, they whine and complain. In this case focus on the silent majority of people and hold easy to vote on polls for better information. Worry about the majority of your players, not loud minorities.

Here's the tl;dr
1) Tone down the customization options so your scenes can come out faster, and with a better focus on the player's choices.
2) Focus on one world at a time, and preferably one of the more unique worlds instead of the generic ones (or whichever world you're most passionate about)
3) Perhaps make each world a 'stage' or 'level' instead of letting the player choose them out of order, it'll allow you to have story developments and make player decisions feel important outside of the worlds they visit.
4) Avoid 'death' decisions, they're annoying and out-dated for this game model. If a decision is stupid? Give the player a slap on their stats, like how corruption works in Fenoxo's COC
5) Ignore the internet bitching about optional fetishes they don't like even existing, or people demanding art. For a game like this trying to get art will cripple the design, especially this early.

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Hey, guys. Since I got in touch with the staff to post the game, I haven't really had the time to check things here, but thank you all for the feedback and for some of your kind and encouraging words! First of all, sorry about the tag mishap. That was my bad. I put things I was planning to add in the future there, but the lovely m4zy set me straight on how the tags should have been handled.

I understand the skepticism of a lot of you, and it is very much warranted, after all I set a pretty lofty goal. But, I have an overall plan for everything from the beats to the story to what companions will be added. The things I am setting out to do are the things I will do. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will avoid death choices by offering alternative paths, like for this one in particular you will be able to do a social skill test, I plan to add this later this month if I have the time.

The many customization options shouldn't be too troublesome as they will have a passage for them when necessary. So the most relevant ones will end up being the sexual ones, in general.

Finally, I am sorry about all the bugs on the previous version. But for this next update, I had a few more people sending bug reports, so things should be smoother this time. Thank you all again for checking my game out! I shall post now the newly release update for the game as I don't want to mix this response with it.

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Changelog 0.31:
  • Added rough Achievements System, ought to server as a guide to player about current content and how much of it they have seen.
  • Many bugfixes and some typos.
Changes since last public version (0.2):

Big Systems added:

• Affection added to characters and separated from approval. Affection is raised by hanging out with characters (doing deeds while companions are in your party) while approval requires doing things that they approve of (making story choices and selecting dialog that pleases them).
  • Deed system implemented! Gain power in the name of certain aspects! Do war deeds by fighting, lust by fucking, knowledge by talking, and some others spread through events. (Ways to do deeds for other aspects will come later). You can visualize your affinity with each aspect on the god info tab. Whenever a deed is done, you will receive a pop-up notification.
  • Implemented party system and its UI. Party members level up automatically, for now; they appear at the left panel and can be interacted with at any free moment you may have; they will assist you in battles; they will comment in certain events and trigger specific ones.
Content:
  • New area with 27 rooms: Whitewood Crossroads! Will add more to it later: like hazard, loot and others.
  • Implemented the Starving Fairy enemy, she only appears at the crossroads, and their intro which will be expanded to use social attributes in the future.
  • A variable sex scene after defeating the Living Vine.
  • New event when arriving at Whitewood Village hinting at its future.
  • New tutorial segment in the intro teaching you about base building.
  • Added the first companion: Daisy! She is combat ready with one area of effect spell that can stop affected enemies from taking an action! She has many talk topics, one event specific to Whitewood Village, one event as you gain her affection, and one when she joins you. She also has a blowjob scene, which will be properly woven into her story later, but can be seen now.
  • Implemented three new talk topics with Angel (your archangel, of course) about: combat, deeds and appearance.
Minor things:
  • Added functionality to the Save Room base room.
  • Social attribute tooltips
  • Quality of Life changes.
  • Optimized code.
  • Many bugs, typos and awkward phrasing fixed.
Mega

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
Changelog 0.31:
  • Added rough Achievements System, ought to server as a guide to player about current content and how much of it they have seen.
  • Many bugfixes and some typos.
Changes since last public version (0.2):

Big Systems added:

• Affection added to characters and separated from approval. Affection is raised by hanging out with characters (doing deeds while companions are in your party) while approval requires doing things that they approve of (making story choices and selecting dialog that pleases them).
  • Deed system implemented! Gain power in the name of certain aspects! Do war deeds by fighting, lust by fucking, knowledge by talking, and some others spread through events. (Ways to do deeds for other aspects will come later). You can visualize your affinity with each aspect on the god info tab. Whenever a deed is done, you will receive a pop-up notification.
  • Implemented party system and its UI. Party members level up automatically, for now; they appear at the left panel and can be interacted with at any free moment you may have; they will assist you in battles; they will comment in certain events and trigger specific ones.
Content:
  • New area with 27 rooms: Whitewood Crossroads! Will add more to it later: like hazard, loot and others.
  • Implemented the Starving Fairy enemy, she only appears at the crossroads, and their intro which will be expanded to use social attributes in the future.
  • A variable sex scene after defeating the Living Vine.
  • New event when arriving at Whitewood Village hinting at its future.
  • New tutorial segment in the intro teaching you about base building.
  • Added the first companion: Daisy! She is combat ready with one area of effect spell that can stop affected enemies from taking an action! She has many talk topics, one event specific to Whitewood Village, one event as you gain her affection, and one when she joins you. She also has a blowjob scene, which will be properly woven into her story later, but can be seen now.
  • Implemented three new talk topics with Angel (your archangel, of course) about: combat, deeds and appearance.
Minor things:
  • Added functionality to the Save Room base room.
  • Social attribute tooltips
  • Quality of Life changes.
  • Optimized code.
  • Many bugs, typos and awkward phrasing fixed.
Mega

OP updated with v0.31.
Thx to SharkBitDev .

Scars Unseen

Jan 2, 2018
So I'm trying this for the first time, and right off the bat, there's an issue that I consider to pretty major for a text-based game, and that's the text window itself. It's far too wide. 50-75 characters per line of text is pretty much where you want to keep things(at 25 font size, it's currently 140 characters). Anything wider than that makes it hard to focus on the text, leading to the reader losing their place. I stopped to comment when I found myself skipping most of the text in the intro, and that's because of the formatting, not the writing. I highlighted a more readable text line length below, though the ideal would be to have it be configurable since some people will be using smaller or larger font size.

Path_to_Ascension_2020-02-08_11-46-01.png

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
i totally agree with scars the text is overwhelming to look at, iv played tits and coc both are about the same there are a quite a few text based games like this and dont knock them there acually a lot of fun to play.

Sep 20, 2019
I can't seem to find the infinite healing spot since HP don't go back to full after a single battle, not being able to grind will cause problems if death equals game over in the combat zone, the left most choice out of the 4 or 5 when it comes to which zone you enter first on the screen where you can talk to angel.

Thotifier

Sending Boobs to Space Since 2020
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2020
Keep running into an issue where random Fay's become unkillable (no buttons are available, just a gray box) and I also can't click anywhere on the map to move (or using the W, A, S & D keys). In the end the only option is to restart the game. Have encountered this issue a few times and tried closing and opening the game again but it doesn't seem to fix it. So far I don't know for certain what's causing this, but I suspect it may be something to do with enemies "dying" with 1 hp left? It could also be when Daisy kills enemies rather than the MC dealing the final blow? But these are just random guesses. Not sure if there are any logs or similar that I could provide which may help in fixing this, for now I've just attached a screenshot of the issue happening.

AkumaDaddy

Jun 25, 2017
Interesting concept. I like the idea of the game. I'd reserve strong judgement about it till I see more of where it's going. It's especially hard to say because, regardless of class(I only neglected to attempt Rogue), when I enter the Yellow Portal, the first encounter starts with my character being whacked by a vine and killed before I have a chance to act.

The first time I played, I managed to meet Daisy and my first encounter I was able to act once or twice before dying. Every time since I have been attacked and killed before reaching that point. It doesn't seem intended. I played online, if that's a factor, too.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698
2.90 star(s) 7 Votes