SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Public Build Changelog 0.51:
  • Bug fixes and tweaks to some oversights in 0.5.
  • Reworked the achievement menu screen completely.
  • Put in the achievements for the previous build's content.
  • Removed a test few test messages on the visual tab that shouldn't be there.
  • Fixed visual bugs from the visual updates.
  • Put in a prototype version of how Skill Trees will work, It is not functional as of now; it could've been, but it would have been broken. So I decided to cut a few of the functions and leave it the framework there to give you guys a look at how Skill Trees will work.
Changelogs Since Last Public Build (0.4):
0.5:
Content

• One new sex event with Lyelnas! Just visit him after awakening him from the curse!
  • Bersa, Thorssen and Lyelnas have many new talking topics!
  • Complete UI rework! Not from the ground up, but the changes are significant. Everything should look better now! I won't go into detail since it's a lot. But you will notice the changes as you play, I am sure.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed all reported bugs and issues. (which was a lot, but I did not keep a full log)
  • Took into account the suggestions.
Content
  • New sexy scene with Angel, use "Relax" option when talking to her.
  • Not content per se, but a significant change. The lower bar was removed from the UI, making more space for the central panel.
Bugfixes
  • Small overhaul to item use code. There's now a confirmation warning before using an item-probably will an option on config later to determine if the player wants this or not-and you can now use items on companions. Also, if the item results in an event, the menu screen is automatically closed. Currently, there's no UI for companion equips, so don't.
  • Fixed a problem with rooms of the same type mounting on the same location (twas a database issue).
  • Fixed menus not listing and changing rows properly.
  • Fixed Daisy's skill back to her proper one.
  • Fixed reported typos and text issues.
  • Fixed a problem with the enemy UI that caused a stackoverflow and trapped the player in the enemy's turn.
  • Implemented a few suggested UI changes.
Mega

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
So... I choose not to steal any clothes from the petrified trio. Once I free them however, the mage still has no clothes? And I'm asked to return clothes I never stole. And after that, the game still treats them as petrified, be it description or villagers (though I can't interact with the trio anymore).

As for Daisy, I figured her equipment would better serve me than her - I at least have offensive spells. But turns out doing this "corrupts" my save file. Prevents me from overwriting any save file.

Gray1611

Jul 6, 2018
Barely any gameplay currently, but it has a lot of potentiol. Seems really interesting trying to obtain godhood through your actions so I thin it has te potentiol to rival Champions of Corruption with some more content. Add some decent art and it could even rival Trials in tainted space.

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Fen has this polished and completed game which was focused in what it was, an rpg style text adventure. The game had a decent sized cast and a started development many years ago.
Calling anything Fenoxo made polished or even complete is being far too generous. CoC started as the "Unnamed Text Game" on an obscure forum way back. Even the largest projects have to start somewhere. Besides, taking even a casual interest in the game's lore reveals tons of inconsistencies. It was never actually finished either, not any more than most of the games here where the dev slaps on a half-baked ending to a game that clearly wasn't even halfway done. I wouldn't use it as a standard of quality.

Reactions: Agent Abide

shakey2

Mar 6, 2018
Calling anything Fenoxo made polished or even complete is being far too generous. CoC started as the "Unnamed Text Game" on an obscure forum way back. Even the largest projects have to start somewhere. Besides, taking even a casual interest in the game's lore reveals tons of inconsistencies. It was never actually finished either, not any more than most of the games here where the dev slaps on a half-baked ending to a game that clearly wasn't even halfway done. I wouldn't use it as a standard of quality.
Sorry, but do you see any other games more worthy to compare it to in the genre? You are trashing the game for being a bad standard but I don't see you putting up a better example? I have to wonder what finished game you are basing your standards off of.

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, but do you see any other games more worthy to compare it to in the genre? You are trashing the game for being a bad standard but I don't see you putting up a better example? I have to wonder what finished game you are basing your standards off of.
You are cheating with that requirement. Like I said, CoC was never properly finished either, but fine. I would suggest Fetish Master, Redscale, Apotheosis, Fall of Eden, and Kobold Adventure over Corruption of Champions. I find all of these games to have a finer polish and more consistent world-building and characters. If you want quantity, well CoC certainly has that, but the game can't even decide what perspective it wants to address the player with, or how corruption actually affects the player character's personality. If you want quality, there are many better places to look than Fen's works.

Last edited:

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
it's incredible how this game could be in "0.51" when it barely has content
on the paper it sound great, the concept seem interesting, and in term of gameplay it's not that different of a Lilith-Throne
but god this game is empty

shakey2

Mar 6, 2018
You are cheating with that requirement. Like I said, CoC was never properly finished either, but fine. I would suggest Fetish Master, Redscale, Apotheosis, Fall of Eden, and Kobold Adventure over Corruption of Champions. I find all of these games to have a finer polish and more consistent world-building and characters. If you want quantity, well CoC certainly has that, but the game can't even decide what perspective it wants to address the player with, or how corruption actually affects the player character's personality. If you want quality, there are many better places to look than Fen's works.
You're kidding right? Those suggestions, this is definitely bait *sigh*
You must be trolling if you are mentioning fall of eden and apotheosis. You got me, so gg I guess

Edit: If anyone wants to know the problems with the games in question pm me, I'm not gonna humor this person anymore. Both those games have a issues I don't want to get into here and this thread has been derailed enough as it is.

Last edited:

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
You're kidding right? Those suggestions, this is definitely bait *sigh*
You must be trolling if you are mentioning fall of eden and apotheosis. You got me, so gg I guess
Now you are the one failing to give any reasoning behind your statement, but I suppose declaring an opposing view to be a 'troll' is somehow a valid argument in your mind and not a blatant attempt at a dismissal used by those who can't defend their point of view. You asked for examples, I gave them, and I gave my reasons for my examples. I genuinely believe all of the games I listed to be of higher quality than CoC, maybe not good, but still better than CoC. Your pitiful attempt at a dismissal doesn't work in this context. Next time, don't pick fights with your betters, and don't pretend to be a critic of any worth while holding a game plagued with trash-tier writing and spaghetti-code on a pedestal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: \EGOIST and shakey2

SharkBitDev

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2019
Changelog 0.6 (Public Build)
  • Three new items!
  • The Caduceus Mushrooms were added in the crossroads! Find them and gather them to gain immunity to status for nine turns. They respawn with every reset of the game for now. I will change this when I add a simple time system.
  • The Scale Mail! A great armor for all classes really. It has a special effect that lowers every subsequent hit's damage.
  • The Disgusting Staff! A staff so ugly and mind warping that deals all who look upon it. It has a chance of damaging your opponents every time you act, but it also might damage your party, so be careful!
  • A new Insanity status effect! Every creature in the Eldritch Cave has a chance of driving the party insane. Be careful as that might make you unpredictable!
  • Eldritch God boss fight completed! Now, I am not sure if this is very balanced. But that is mostly because classes don't have that many skills yet. However, you can definitely beat this, it just might need some levelling.
  • Fog of War mechanic implemented. Now all rooms outside the Beyond are invisible until you visit them. This made exploration that extra spooky and uncertain. A great feature to add alongside the Eldritch Cave, eh?
  • Fuckton of fixes. Seriously.
Changelogs since last public build:
0.59:

• Two new enemies: a tentacle? (You will understand) And the Deep One. Only the latter has a sex scene. By the way when I say a sex scene it is always two: one for pussies and one for dicks, haha.
  • A new area: the Eldritch Cave. Investigate this lovecraftian mystery and delve deeper into the lore of the gods. But only slightly, as we have a whole game ahead of us yet. Beware though, weird things happen in this cave.
  • A (two) new sex scene for the Starving Fairy, alongside more options regarding her fate when you defeat her. I recommend you check out her pussy scene. I might just be retarded but at one point I was laughing a bit too much at a certain part. I promise most of it is sexy though.
  • The introduction of challenges with two new ones! Challenges are tests of your attributes. The ones added are specifically targeted at your defensive ones. You might fail one check, but you can still succeed in the other two. If you lose, you only lose a bit of hp, nothing to worry about if you are carrying around Thorssen's delicious beverages!
  • Some minor bug and UI fixes.
Mega

2.90 star(s) 7 Votes