"Patreon Acquires F95zone" is it over?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
what makes you think its not a joke?
I had an "oh shit" moment when I opened the forum this time until my brain caught up. I think it pretty safe to chalk it up to yet another April Fools joke done in poor taste by the mods. It seems very unlikely that they would even buy a "pirate" forum like this. I mean, what the hell would they even do with it? The site is also not read only like the banner said it would be.

AnonX

Aug 22, 2016
Fucking hell I almost had a heart attack. Started my tearful "so this is how democracy dies" speech and everything!

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
I had an "oh shit" moment when I opened the forum this time until my brain caught up. I think it pretty safe to chalk it up to yet another April Fools joke done in poor taste by the mods. It seems very unlikely that they would even buy a "pirate" forum like this. I mean, what the hell would they even do with it? The site is also not read only like the banner said it would be.
honestly i nearly shit and pissed my pants when i first saw the "acquired Patreon" message.

i figured later it was just a joke, and we were all mind fucked just to believe it was true.

Jul 6, 2023
JESUS. I nearly had a heart attack man. I've already had to deal with a lot with my c-ptsd and logged on because I've been feeling especially dark lately and need some good games to save me out of this pit. 1711945287959.png
shit nearly gave me a stroke for real. I couldn't breathe for a minute.

bro I hope if fucking bull like this does ever happen for real, F95zone asks for donations. I'd fucken bleed for this site to be able to keep operating. saved me from a lot of scams man.

Anyways in the end it was a funny joke so I'd like to post this to pay my respect to whoever came up with the idea.

Reactions: Kotono
Jul 6, 2023
we were all mind fucked just to believe it was true.
naw. don't say our mind's been fecked. You thought rationally if you fully believed it. There's a lot of good reasons but all the good sites have been closing shop lately. especially ones like these. I mean look at what happened to anonfiles, zippyshare, nopy.to or the hemdom blog for example (I know the blog is put on hold due to personal reasons not financial ones, sure) but, ya see, I worked in IT. I know the operating costs of a huge forum like this. Especially one that keeps growing at the rate F95 has been. It's bonkers man. F95 selling out wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me if you look at all the facts. I'm just relieved they haven't. whew-out-of-breath.gif

BruceT

Jul 30, 2022
First thought was that "there goes F95" .... until I saw this discussion. Hahaha .. well played

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Well. if it was not so close to a certain day in April, I may believe it. But...

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
naw. don't say our mind's been fecked. You thought rationally if you fully believed it. There's a lot of good reasons but all the good sites have been closing shop lately. especially ones like these. I mean look at what happened to anonfiles, zippyshare, nopy.to or the hemdom blog for example (I know the blog is put on hold due to personal reasons not financial ones, sure) but, ya see, I worked in IT. I know the operating costs of a huge forum like this. Especially one that keeps growing at the rate F95 has been. It's bonkers man. F95 selling out wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me if you look at all the facts. I'm just relieved they haven't. View attachment 3498104
honestly, if Patreon and Fzone were ever joined together it would only make things worse. i like the way things are now and i hope it stays that way.