salamonger

Apr 20, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_engine/inventory.rpy", line 1, in <module>
  File "game/libs/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 85, in dict_from_config_file
Exception: Couldn't find file 'db/rules.ini'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "_engine/inventory.rpyc", line 1, in script
  File "C:\Games\Patronus\a3.2.55\renpy\ast.py", line 2106, in execute
    value = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
  File "C:\Games\Patronus\a3.2.55\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/_engine/inventory.rpy", line 1, in <module>
  File "game/libs/config_parser/ConfigParser.rpy", line 85, in dict_from_config_file
  File "C:\Games\Patronus\a3.2.55\renpy\loader.py", line 649, in transfn
    raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Exception: Couldn't find file 'db/rules.ini'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Patronus Trunk
Fri Dec 18 18:16:47 2020
Anybody know how to fix this?
Do you have visual studio redistributables installed?

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I sent G A B a message, the release date for this release is wrong so it does not show on the new release page.
As to the low res thing- we're investigating

jackejohnson

Jan 26, 2021
Two queries on 3.2.6 please. What now triggers Maeve being available for sale, it occurred in 3.2.5 after servant hiring activated but not so far in 3.2.6. although well into game and servant/medico hiring activated. I restarted after 3.2.6 so it is not a save issue. Should blowjob training be triggered after Fasti first quest and if so how? Thanks for a great game.

lodynr

Feb 28, 2020
Two queries on 3.2.6 please. What now triggers Maeve being available for sale, it occurred in 3.2.5 after servant hiring activated but not so far in 3.2.6. although well into game and servant/medico hiring activated. I restarted after 3.2.6 so it is not a save issue. Should blowjob training be triggered after Fasti first quest and if so how? Thanks for a great game.
1. Maeve is available if you have medicos. Also you should have 2 other girls in a bordello for more than 14 days.
2.There is no blowjob for a Fasti in this version.

CAN54

Formerly 'Despair64'
Mar 6, 2020
is there any full saves for the version from before ? it says i have obsolete saves and i m not redoing all that

Reactions: lewdman89

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
is there any full saves for the version from before ? it says i have obsolete saves and i m not redoing all that
The old saves don`t seam to work, i played a bit with the new Version if you want a new (working) save file:

->

Reactions: GonzoWaltari

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
So what's the point of having guards skills all renowned plus keep training inlicio, when all service is constantly poor?

Last edited:

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
Is the crone also supposed to eventually learn how to manage one day while wasting my money learning?

burrito107

May 20, 2018
Game crashed. I'm not able to extract these .rpa files, so no idea what the problem is here.

Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_engine/patches.rpy", line 151, in patronus_execute_menu
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'K_10'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "_engine/main_engine.rpyc", line 598, in script call
  File "_engine/event_dispatcher.rpyc", line 491, in script call
  File "characters/alfidia.rpyc", line 818, in script call
  File "characters/alfidia.rpyc", line 354, in script
  File "game/_engine/patches.rpy", line 151, in patronus_execute_menu
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\exports.py", line 983, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\exports.py", line 1217, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\sl2\sldisplayables.py", line 103, in event
    return self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\transform.py", line 882, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, cx, cy, st)
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 902, in event
    if map_event(ev, self.keysym):
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 226, in map_event
    check_code = eval("lambda ev : " + compile_event(keysym, True), globals())
  File "D:\randomfiles\shared\Download\games\Patronus-Trunk-winnozip\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 149, in compile_event
    rv += " and ev.key == %d)" % (getattr(pygame.constants, key))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'K_10'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Patronus Trunk
Sun Feb 07 16:26:06 2021
```

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
Is the crone also supposed to eventually learn how to manage one day while wasting my money learning?
You can sent her later to train her management skills at the slums.
As far as i understand the game, there still will be at the end of each week a check if she will improve or not. By "reflection on the week".
(like for other stats as well.)
But at least skills won`t degrade by that method.

And as far as i see, the biggest impact of your daily incomes from the brothel is the reputation of your brothel, you can increase that at the bath.

A small hint from myself: you can make up to 58.000 Sestertii with a court case, at least that`s my biggest hit so far =)

GL

anon89

Mar 17, 2018
how do you actually make money. my girl earns mere pennies despite being "masterful". i dont udnerstand

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
how do you actually make money. my girl earns mere pennies despite being "masterful". i dont udnerstand
"Master full" is not the highest rank they can be trained. Training them further will basically enable you to make more money...BUT it won`t guarantee it.
You basically open up a chance for it - but in the end, the dice will make the decision.

The biggest earns from the brothel are the "vaginal sex" rolls, here you can earn tens of thousands a week. But like i said, it is up to the dice.
The reputation of the brothel will increases the chances here as well.

Same for the Court Cases, you can make here absurd amounts but it`s pretty much a matter of chance and your own reputation.

Overall the money income will increase a lot over time, since the slaves will lose body shyness and taboos and the crane will improve her brothel management skills.

So there is an active factor like training the slaves but there are passive factors as well, increasing them both will pretty much ensure, that you never have to worry about money.

GL

Last edited:

dvemail

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Guys, I'm not sure what to do about updating the game here anymore. We posted 3.2.6 on here but the mods never updated the thread, so the game never showed up in the "Latest Updates" area. So, on advice from G.A.B. I reported the thread and explained the problem. Whoever looked at it from here rejected the issue, claiming that there was no new content. Which is blatantly wrong.

If we can't reliably show up in the 'latest updates' area when we update, it's not worth posting on here. Sorry for the complaint, but I don't know what to do. We make the game available through our discord, so if we stop posting it here, you can always check there.

We are currently working on 3.2.7 which will have a lot of stuff make the cut I hope. That's about 2 months out I think.

3.40 star(s) 23 Votes