M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

As I mentioned before, I wish to revise Beth a bit, her model and scenes are very old and could use an update. The plan is to keep her shape quite similar to her old model, but increase her detail/fidelity. The image above shows her new model. But I am a bit uncertain of what haircolor I should use. The original Beth is more reddish of hair, like the model to the left, but perhaps she is a bit too similar to Julia? I was thinking a bit more about doing a brunette, like the one in the middle, but decided to throw in a blond/white haired version for fun too.
What do you prefer?​

Last News

chottomatte

Oct 12, 2020
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

As I mentioned before, I wish to revise Beth a bit, her model and scenes are very old and could use an update. The plan is to keep her shape quite similar to her old model, but increase her detail/fidelity. The image above shows her new model. But I am a bit uncertain of what haircolor I should use. The original Beth is more reddish of hair, like the model to the left, but perhaps she is a bit too similar to Julia? I was thinking a bit more about doing a brunette, like the one in the middle, but decided to throw in a blond/white haired version for fun too.
What do you prefer?

Last News
what a time to be alive. as usual i'm stocking up on updates before playing the game again

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
My vote would be for the red. we already have a lot of blonds and brunettes... though the blond would be my second choice though maybe making her more white blond like Ciri from the Witcher franchise could be good too?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Balmung85

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
I pray for the 1st (I like redheads) but the 2and (brunette) is fine.

Please not number 3. Theres way too many blondes already. Not enough redheads let's not lose one lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Lostan and Stil996

caspian90

Feb 8, 2020
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
Wish I could vote for the middle one!

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
Finally she have boobs. My vote is for left one. Usually I didnt like redheads, but this suits her.

Reactions: Balmung85

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I can be the only one who thinks she ironically looks MORE like Julia with this updated model? Mabey it's just me.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I can be the only one who thinks she ironically looks MORE like Julia with this updated model? Mabey it's just me.
lol she does, it looks like Julia with a shouldler length haircut... another thing in favour of giving her proper pig tails :p (though I still like that model)

M3ntir what is Tinkerers stance on more exotic hair colours? pink/purple/blue for example, it might not fit the "historical" ascetic but with this many characters it might be worth thinking about.

Last edited:

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
lol she does, it looks like Julia with a shouldler length haircut... another thing in favour of giving her proper pig tails :p (though I still like that model)

M3ntir what is Tinkerers stance on more exotic hair colours? pink/purple/blue for example, it might not fit the "historical" ascetic but with this many characters it might be worth thinking about.

Will ask him so will edit his response to it, But dont think he love that due he wants to keep it in that fantasy setting like you said. dont know what other non excotic haircolours could be used the the palet is limited.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
I think Beth has stronger cheekbones than Julia, but Julia's freckles make hers stand out more.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020

Will ask him so will edit his response to it, But dont think he love that due he wants to keep it in that fantasy setting like you said. dont know what other non excotic haircolours could be used the the palet is limited.
Honestly I think it wouldnt be so similiar if Beth's outfit was made closer to her original horse riding clothes, but the outfit she is currently wearing just makes her look like Julia. Which its ironically goes against the whole point of the re-design.

Also I think humans should have historical hair colours. If Tinkerer adds any Fae girls then he should let himself be open to more out their colours.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah that's the point, with so many characters it's tough to make each look unique and identifiable, that's why Anime has such a huge range of blue/green/pink haired girls.
for Less exotic colours
Golden (yellow/Blond... heavy on the yellow), Platinum (white/Blond), Auburn (Red/Brown though I guess the left version of Beth might count as this), Ginger (lighter red than Julia... a blend of golden and red), Proper Black (though this is hard to render, though adding a blue tint/sheen to it can help)

Tighter hairstyles might work to but again they had limited options for those.. Braids, Pigtails, Bobs (with a tight fringe/bangs?),

At least for exotic hair colours there was always the presence of dyes even in historic times, Woad for blue, Urine/Lime water/wood ash to lighten/bleach hair. etc

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
Yeah that's the point, with so many characters it's tough to make each look unique and identifiable, that's why Anime has such a huge range of blue/green/pink haired girls.
for Less exotic colours
Golden (yellow/Blond... heavy on the yellow), Platinum (white/Blond), Auburn (Red/Brown though I guess the left version of Beth might count as this), Ginger (lighter red than Julia... a blend of golden and red), Proper Black (though this is hard to render, though adding a blue tint/sheen to it can help)

Tighter hairstyles might work to but again they had limited options for those.. Braids, Pigtails, Bobs (with a tight fringe/bangs?),

At least for exotic hair colours there was always the presence of dyes even in historic times, Woad for blue, Urine/Lime water/wood ash to lighten/bleach hair. etc

Tinkerer — Today at 20:09
I am not necessarily against unnatural hair colors, but I think it fits more with something magical. Like a faery or a wizard.

so will see in the future ;)

Digga D

Jun 5, 2019
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
Gotta stick with her red hair. It suits her more and we are all used to it by now.

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
I'd pick brunette in this case for the exact same reasons as Tinkerer mentions, although in general I prefer (natural) blondes. I'm also pretty much used after such a long time to the original model of Beth, but I see the problem of a too close similarity to Julia. Hence brunette is the best option in my opinion, it's still close to the original. Blonde looks cool, but it wouldn't have much in common any more with the original Beth.

Reactions: DomWolf

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
I agree with Tinkerer. I think the darker shade of red is enough of a contrast from Julia, but the Brunette looks good too. Only one I wouldn't vote for is the blonde. Too white washed between her complexion and the hair.

Reactions: DomWolf

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
"Tinkerers Vote News"

Beth 2.0?

What do you prefer?

Last News
20240212_005141.jpg download.jpeg-29.jpg

I just realised why the blond Beth felt so weird to me. She looks a lil like Babydoll from the film Sucker Punch....

Reactions: Lostan and Seewolf
4.20 star(s) 202 Votes