Others Persona H: The Midnight Channel [v0.5.3 Remake] [DarkDemarley]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Uige

Feb 20, 2018
ayo is there any game here at all? I get to talk to every character once bringing their bond up to 10, then looking through the menus the only thing listed to do is "sell as much ore to him as you can" for the slime... so i spent several in-game days doing nothing but mining and selling ore to no avail, so i gave up doing it the long way and decided to cheat engine myself thousands of stamina and autoclick until it went down to zero, sold the hundreds of ore i got from it, and STILL nothing. What in the world am i supposed to do?

the_observant

Jul 18, 2020
Same here. I also don't know what I should do next...

Margaret kept saying 'Not yet' whenever I asked her to teach me magic and I can only mine and sell ore to slime. After so many mining days my mining skill also didn't increase to level 2.

blablubiblub

Nov 1, 2017
Update notes talk about sex scenes with queen and goddess, but I don't see how you are supposed to get those scenes

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Well shit lol, I got stuck in a perpetual (and auto-saved?) loop at the Riverbank with the Queen Shadows first scene just repeating forever haha. I'd just unlocked Kanji and decided to go explore and this scene just started playing. Bit annoying having to restart but oh well.

TFFBladez

Oct 10, 2020
Well shit lol, I got stuck in a perpetual (and auto-saved?) loop at the Riverbank with the Queen Shadows first scene just repeating forever haha. I'd just unlocked Kanji and decided to go explore and this scene just started playing. Bit annoying having to restart but oh well.
Same also this is way to grind heavy for me so until the secret wall is found out (hopefully to get money) I am out. If it was guaranteed ore when mining it would be fine however the fact is you can spend all your stamina and gain nothing F that.

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
Game is buggy the very first scene with the goddess cum would not work and the game appeared to be stuck in some endless loop on the last part of the animation so it was out of control.. had to skip to continue.. how is this game so damn buggy that it already crashes pretty much in the intro?

What is up with the SHIT grind? I mean it's SHIT grind because you can mine with all your stamina and not get a single ore to sell! You can't do anything else in the game so it's.. Repeated.. go to mine.. mine.. sell if you got any ore.. go home and sleep.. that is the entirety of this damn game right now because Ore sells for shit $5... And you need at least 50 for the first upgrade!

Last edited:

Lord Rice

Mar 20, 2021
What a mad lad. Make good game, stops and make a "better" version to see how far he could go, get DMCA'd... And look where he is... Back to the original game he made.

Reactions: devonY7

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
What a mad lad. Make good game, stops and make a "better" version to see how far he could go, get DMCA'd... And look where he is... Back to the original game he made.
*hasn't played the game for a few months*

...Wait, what?

But the game around version 0.3.5 had (some nudity to work with)... But now the more current versions have a different intro and are (apparently remaking to story from scratch)... But I'd assume that the 0.4.x and 0.5.x versions would still have most of what (0.3.5 had in terms of nude pin-ups and sex acts)... But now there's only (Chie's thigh-job)... And you're telling me that this is how the game was before the remake (more or less, since I've only been following this game since November and was advised not to look at the pre-remake version)?

...Oh, god dammit. I've seen this happen before with other games before they get the abandoned tag; like that Teen Titans game were you massage the girls.

Reactions: DarkDemarley

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
*hasn't played the game for a few months*

...Wait, what?

But the game around version 0.3.5 had (some nudity to work with)... But now the more current versions have a different intro and are (apparently remaking to story from scratch)... But I'd assume that the 0.4.x and 0.5.x versions would still have most of what (0.3.5 had in terms of nude pin-ups and sex acts)... But now there's only (Chie's thigh-job)... And you're telling me that this is how the game was before the remake (more or less, since I've only been following this game since November and was advised not to look at the pre-remake version)?

...Oh, god dammit. I've seen this happen before with other games before they get the abandoned tag; like that Teen Titans game were you massage the girls.

I don't check these messages much and I apologise if I missed other comments addressing this. I don't blame you at all for feeling that way on this project, and honestly I can't convince you other than doing the work. So hopefully one day over time I can prove to you that I will have the content in here that you are looking for.

There are lots of reasons why the project is now in the stage it's in, but at the end of the day I have no plans on abandoning it or taking it down. It's a passion proejct made for me as much as it is for everyone else, so it will be worked on and reowrked on until I am happy with it.
That beign said, my previous versions are still available if you want to check out those. I have only restarted foundational code and spritework, but not removed projects.

Last edited:
Reactions: devonY7

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
DarkDemarley Well, now that you're here: I can't speak for anyone else, but I do hope that this project works out. Persona 4 is not only my favorite of the series, but also my favorite JRPG, and . And to be even more honest: This is the only P4 focused game that I've come across on here. I know that Granter of Your Desires is a thing, but it doesn't appeal to me, and the other P4 games that may have come before have disappeared into obscurity at this point.

So with that said, good luck. But, to be an armchair developer for a second: I would avoid repeating Titans in Towels'/Taboo Titans' mistake of getting stuck on remaking the introduction multiple times across multiple years to the point of eventual burnout. The Queen Shadow and Heramon give a good framework to build upon.

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
DarkDemarley Well, now that you're here: I can't speak for anyone else, but I do hope that this project works out. Persona 4 is not only my favorite of the series, but also my favorite JRPG, and . And to be even more honest: This is the only P4 focused game that I've come across on here. I know that Granter of Your Desires is a thing, but it doesn't appeal to me, and the other P4 games that may have come before have disappeared into obscurity at this point.

So with that said, good luck. But, to be an armchair developer for a second: I would avoid repeating Titans in Towels'/Taboo Titans' mistake of getting stuck on remaking the introduction multiple times across multiple years to the point of eventual burnout. The Queen Shadow and Heramon give a good framework to build upon.

Thank you! I really appreciate that insight and I don't intend to dissapoint! I felt with my original The Midnight Channel I had a solid work ethic/schedule that kept me focused. My main issue which is still an issue today is that I try to tackle all of it myself. The problem is that working in groups with people on projects like this doesn't ever seem to pan out, so I find it easier to slowly chip away at it myself.

That original game allowed me to make a lot of mistakes in the programming that over the last 2 years I have learned to rectify. this new version is built on a much more solid foundation in the code, and should allow for me to update the game modularly for the foreseable future as long as I like.

As someone who also has redone the begginning of my game, I can see that dark abyss you mention for development hell. I don't intent to go there, and will do all that I can not to. Yeah P4 doesn't seem to get as much love these days, but please if anyone else is interested in making an adult VN game then do it! I would love to see more content out here for it, and I don't want to be the only one speaking for the community! I make these games because it's what I want to see out there, so hopefully people don't read more into that then needed.

Anyway, August is looking like a solid month for development for me on it, so I hope you all get to enjoy a little something more out of the new build soon.

Come join us on the discord or check out the Patreon if you want to keep up to date with latest on updates and news. I try to keep everyone informed as best I can.

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
I don't know all the sites that post my game and how their methods work (including this one) but if anyone wants the recent updates, this itch.io link is more accurate :

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
DarkDemarley: *checks my itch.io feed for a new update*

*notices Yukiko*

Well, that was the quickest u-turn from fearing for a project to regaining optimism...

I mainly lurk in Discord. I just prefer to be chatty on this site.
I don't know all the sites that post my game and how their methods work (including this one) but if anyone wants the recent updates, this itch.io link is more accurate :
The mods here usually maintain the opening post with links to your socials and stores, mirrors of the game, screenshots, change log, and other miscellaneous info. But, since this thread was technically started by you, you can also edit that info.

DarkDemarley

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2022
DarkDemarley: *checks my itch.io feed for a new update*

*notices Yukiko*

Well, that was the quickest u-turn from fearing for a project to regaining optimism...

I mainly lurk in Discord. I just prefer to be chatty on this site.

The mods here usually maintain the opening post with links to your socials and stores, mirrors of the game, screenshots, change log, and other miscellaneous info. But, since this thread was technically started by you, you can also edit that info.
Awesome! Thanks for the insight on that. I have been on and off with this site since early 2022, and I don't know why but I have got confused by the updating process many times. It seems as if people have been able to find me though, so that's good!

Thanks for being on the discord, I totally get the not chatting thing, that's me on virtually any other discord channel :D

Yeah? Glad your feeling more optomistic about it! I know what you mean though, and I don't blame you for feeling like it won't pan out. I myself have little faith in lots of developers too when they are working on things and making promises they can't keep. Don't get me wrong either, there are days when I'm extremely productive and other days when I can't code anything and have a useless couple hours bashing my head against my keyboard.

I recently changed my shedule for how I develop my games though, and so far it seems to bepaying off. I'm getting consistent updates for The Midnight Channel out, while also updating Bar Tapper. All the while, I have my other projects waiting in the wings and they are getting love too.

So far so good, fingers crossed.

I think the magic formula for me is time. I have a regular life and full time job and family life and such, that time at night is VERY precious to me. It just so happens that spending time programming is extremely fun and rewarding for me. So it never makes the work feel boring.

My biggest issue is distractions. I am ALWAYS thinking up new ideas, and I find it hard to stay focused on 1 project at a time. So, to keep me on track, I"m scheduling everything now. Which allows me to ensure I leave room for creativity, but also for delivery on previous work.

Reactions: Eradawn

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
PersonaHTheMidnightChannel-0.5.3Remake
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes