Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
No sharing of the ladies just yet, no. ;) That's for the future some time; after I've got it at least grounded for the first three women.

I should also mention to anyone who's bothered by that kind of content, it'll be optional and very clearly avoidable, just like I did for PAL. Probably a somewhat similar approach.
Awesome. By the way BBBen, I'm curious as to whether you're into these fetishes or you include them for inclusivity's sake. They're both cool though.

Also, when do you roughly plan on finishing this game? A few months? Half a year? It's awesome to see it at v0.7 already, last time I noticed it was still 0.2.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Awesome. By the way BBBen, I'm curious as to whether you're into these fetishes or you include them for inclusivity's sake. They're both cool though.

Also, when do you roughly plan on finishing this game? A few months? Half a year? It's awesome to see it at v0.7 already, last time I noticed it was still 0.2.
I'll address those questions in reverse order. (Just like the memory flashbacks in the game...) The first thing I should say is that the version numbers aren't a percentage of completion, so it doesn't tick up from 0.9 to 1.0. They're just the number of releases I've done, so 0.9 ticks up to 0.10.

There's actually still some quite substantial additions I plan to make to the game, with new characters coming in and some big additions, so rather than expecting it to go all at once I've been trying to roll out the content in a way that plays a bit "episodically" - you see Emi's story, then Nobuko's, then Shizu's, then... well, there'll be some surprises coming after that. ;)

I wish I could give you a firm guess on when it'll be done, but my guesses tend to be way off, and even though I do have a plan and I know where the story and characters are going, I'm also experimenting a lot and changing things as I go. A bit like George R R Martin if he had a Patreon and had to release a chapter every month, or something. It's the same method I used for PAL, in fact, although this time the roll out is a little more deliberate and planned out with it in mind that players will be seeing the story in a release sequence.

And as to the fetish question - well, you'll see that what I tend to do is lightly dip into a lot of fetishes in the games rather than go all out on them. I don't tend to include anything I actively dislike, but it helps that I don't have to necessarily go too far with any one theme so I can just take it to the extent that I consider it enjoyable. I think in order to do a good job with the writing you kind of need to at least understand it and enjoy it to a degree, and sometimes that can be what slows me down with trying to write certain bits. If I'm just not feeling it, then I have to wait for the inspiration and go work on some other part of the game instead.

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
I'll address those questions in reverse order. (Just like the memory flashbacks in the game...) The first thing I should say is that the version numbers aren't a percentage of completion, so it doesn't tick up from 0.9 to 1.0. They're just the number of releases I've done, so 0.9 ticks up to 0.10.

There's actually still some quite substantial additions I plan to make to the game, with new characters coming in and some big additions, so rather than expecting it to go all at once I've been trying to roll out the content in a way that plays a bit "episodically" - you see Emi's story, then Nobuko's, then Shizu's, then... well, there'll be some surprises coming after that. ;)

I wish I could give you a firm guess on when it'll be done, but my guesses tend to be way off, and even though I do have a plan and I know where the story and characters are going, I'm also experimenting a lot and changing things as I go. A bit like George R R Martin if he had a Patreon and had to release a chapter every month, or something. It's the same method I used for PAL, in fact, although this time the roll out is a little more deliberate and planned out with it in mind that players will be seeing the story in a release sequence.

And as to the fetish question - well, you'll see that what I tend to do is lightly dip into a lot of fetishes in the games rather than go all out on them. I don't tend to include anything I actively dislike, but it helps that I don't have to necessarily go too far with any one theme so I can just take it to the extent that I consider it enjoyable. I think in order to do a good job with the writing you kind of need to at least understand it and enjoy it to a degree, and sometimes that can be what slows me down with trying to write certain bits. If I'm just not feeling it, then I have to wait for the inspiration and go work on some other part of the game instead.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'll look forward to your later releases then! This does tempt me to play the current build though for sure, might give it a spin soon instead of waiting for a later release.

Reactions: BBBen

Arassei

May 28, 2019
BBBen
Hello,
I tried to play your game but, most of the time, the screen freeze at " Now loading ".
And now I am stuck because the event where you take Emi to shopping (and lose 500 dollars) appeared again and I lose again 500 dollars. Now I am at -296 dollars and I can't date anyone anymore. o_O The girl's jalousy will grow up.
What can I do ?

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
BBBen
Hello,
I tried to play your game but, most of the time, the screen freeze at " Now loading ".
And now I am stuck because the event where you take Emi to shopping (and lose 500 dollars) appeared again and I lose again 500 dollars. Now I am at -296 dollars and I can't date anyone anymore. o_O The girl's jalousy will grow up.
What can I do ?
IRL simulator ;)

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
BBBen
Hello,
What can I do ?
For the "now loading" bug, I know about that - I'm aware of it but it only happens on some systems. I'll release an update when that's fixed, but I don't know how long that will take me.

For the other problem - you've played past day 20, which is the last day of the game. There was supposed to be an event that cuts off all activity after that, but it didn't work. (I've fixed that; it will be in the next patch update.) The game does not work properly after day 20 and you can't achieve the sex scenes any more.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
For the "now loading" bug, I know about that - I'm aware of it but it only happens on some systems. I'll release an update when that's fixed, but I don't know how long that will take me.

For the other problem - you've played past day 20, which is the last day of the game. There was supposed to be an event that cuts off all activity after that, but it didn't work. (I've fixed that; it will be in the next patch update.) The game does not work properly after day 20 and you can't achieve the sex scenes any more.
I see. Thank you for your answer.

olbor48

Jan 20, 2018
Hi there folks.
I am looking for Android version port
Can someone share it please?
Thank you

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Might as well drop in a notice here that I've got a new release out for $10 patrons. It's Nobuko November, after all:

nobuko announce poster 1.jpg

You can find the details of what's specifically in this month's release on the public post here:

Incidentally, I am now adding Android builds for the new releases. Although anyone looking to play the previous version on an Android device can still stream it on Gamejolt:

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Hey BBBen, been playing 0.7.2 and it's very compelling to play! Kinda why I also regret not waiting for the final release :p
I also played PAL so I can confidently say the mystery is a great driving force for my interest as a player. The mechanics are also similar yet distinct enough to make it fresh for the next entry of your series.

I have a few questions that built up throughout my playthrough:
1. Why the large focus on Southeast Asian countries? Not that this is a bad thing, it is usually rare to see these countries mentioned in western works, so it was a pleasant surprise to see such heavy knowledge of said countries. Like Tuk-tuks (Those are fun, aren't they!) as well as heavy emphasis on tiger nations (Singapore, HK). In fact, Singapore is very rarely mentioned in anything western whatsoever, so that got me even more interested.

2. Wouldn't it be less constrictive to have a 2 or 3-month amnesia timespan than a really tight single month one? Sounds like it might produce some issues when figuring out the chronology later on. Though, I bet you have it all planned out.

3. Does the favored/unfavored date locations currently not work? Doesn't seem to be any penalty/reason to not go for unfavored locations when stressed/bored etc. Also, is the text for morning/afternoon dates incorrect? Seems to only give trust and not love.

4. Are you planning on doing any events with the "night" timezone? Otherwise I'd like an option just skip it entirely since you can't do anything anyway.

5. Do you plan to add a scene gallery?

Also, encountered a bug:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is negging supposed to be that pick-up artist thing?

I *think* I have finished the game and look forward to your next release :)

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hey BBBen, been playing 0.7.2 and it's very compelling to play! Kinda why I also regret not waiting for the final release :p
I also played PAL so I can confidently say the mystery is a great driving force for my interest as a player. The mechanics are also similar yet distinct enough to make it fresh for the next entry of your series.

I have a few questions that built up throughout my playthrough:
1. Why the large focus on Southeast Asian countries? Not that this is a bad thing, it is usually rare to see these countries mentioned in western works, so it was a pleasant surprise to see such heavy knowledge of said countries. Like Tuk-tuks (Those are fun, aren't they!) as well as heavy emphasis on tiger nations (Singapore, HK). In fact, Singapore is very rarely mentioned in anything western whatsoever, so that got me even more interested.

2. Wouldn't it be less constrictive to have a 2 or 3-month amnesia timespan than a really tight single month one? Sounds like it might produce some issues when figuring out the chronology later on. Though, I bet you have it all planned out.

3. Does the favored/unfavored date locations currently not work? Doesn't seem to be any penalty/reason to not go for unfavored locations when stressed/bored etc. Also, is the text for morning/afternoon dates incorrect? Seems to only give trust and not love.

4. Are you planning on doing any events with the "night" timezone? Otherwise I'd like an option just skip it entirely since you can't do anything anyway.

5. Do you plan to add a scene gallery?

Also, encountered a bug:

Is negging supposed to be that pick-up artist thing?

I *think* I have finished the game and look forward to your next release :)
Thanks for the interest! I've got answers to your quesions below:

1. I made the game set in a fictional Southeast Asian island country because I specifically wanted to write a setting that combined aspects of several interesting locations I've been to. (But it's also easier to work with a fictional setting, because I can change the rules of the place when I want to.) I've visited a fair bit of SE Asia in recent years and I just find the places really interesting, kind of like a "hot and humid cyberpunk". I guess I just like talking about them and it helps to write about something you have an interest in. I was mashing up Singapore and Bangkok, primarily. That divide between haves and have nots seemed like a good background for a story about suddenly getting a bonanza of wealth and women, too.

2. I ultimately settled on a month for the amnesia timeline for a couple of reasons, but probably the main one was just that I didn't want any of the relationships to have been going on for very long. My original plans had the amnesia going over a whole year, but then I realised some of the stories would feel weird if that much time had elapsed. This way all the emotions are fresh in everyone's minds. That said, while I have a timeline in mind of how it happened, I also haven't put too many specific dates on things, so I can probably get away with fudging things a bit. ;)

3. I'll look into that. It should give you a bit less trust when you go on an unfavoured date and more on a favoured one. I think I've tested that...
And morning/afternoon dates should only give trust; the text might be incorrect, yeah. I recall fixing that, but the fix might have been in v0.8.

4. Yes, I will probably be doing stuff with the night time section. It's a little less obvious what to do in PAT, since the ladies leave for the night, but in PAL I did quite a lot in the night period after a while. At the moment I think the only night event is Emi's sex scene. It's a good point, though; I could set it up to be a little more active.

5. Yes, I will add a scene gallery in time. It's a bit of a big task, so I've been leaving it for a bit later in development, but it's probably something I should put on the list for the not too distant future, I guess.

6. The bug with that replaying scene is because the game is calling the wrong scene - it's supposed to be triggering the temporary ending. So at that point you're supposed to stop playing. :) I've fixed that in later releases, but not that version, unfortunately.

7. Negging is that pick-up artist thing, yeah. ;)

8. That kind of thing is quite possible, yeah. I've actually got a new character that I may be introducing soon who helps to lead in to that kind of content.

Sounds like you've probably finished it, particularly if you got Emi's interactive sex scene in the apartment. I'm glad you played it! The next public release, when it comes, will be another big one.

Reactions: Throwaway7777

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Thanks for the interest! I've got answers to your quesions below:

1. I made the game set in a fictional Southeast Asian island country because I specifically wanted to write a setting that combined aspects of several interesting locations I've been to. (But it's also easier to work with a fictional setting, because I can change the rules of the place when I want to.) I've visited a fair bit of SE Asia in recent years and I just find the places really interesting, kind of like a "hot and humid cyberpunk". I guess I just like talking about them and it helps to write about something you have an interest in. I was mashing up Singapore and Bangkok, primarily. That divide between haves and have nots seemed like a good background for a story about suddenly getting a bonanza of wealth and women, too.

2. I ultimately settled on a month for the amnesia timeline for a couple of reasons, but probably the main one was just that I didn't want any of the relationships to have been going on for very long. My original plans had the amnesia going over a whole year, but then I realised some of the stories would feel weird if that much time had elapsed. This way all the emotions are fresh in everyone's minds. That said, while I have a timeline in mind of how it happened, I also haven't put too many specific dates on things, so I can probably get away with fudging things a bit. ;)

3. I'll look into that. It should give you a bit less trust when you go on an unfavoured date and more on a favoured one. I think I've tested that...
And morning/afternoon dates should only give trust; the text might be incorrect, yeah. I recall fixing that, but the fix might have been in v0.8.

4. Yes, I will probably be doing stuff with the night time section. It's a little less obvious what to do in PAT, since the ladies leave for the night, but in PAL I did quite a lot in the night period after a while. At the moment I think the only night event is Emi's sex scene. It's a good point, though; I could set it up to be a little more active.

5. Yes, I will add a scene gallery in time. It's a bit of a big task, so I've been leaving it for a bit later in development, but it's probably something I should put on the list for the not too distant future, I guess.

6. The bug with that replaying scene is because the game is calling the wrong scene - it's supposed to be triggering the temporary ending. So at that point you're supposed to stop playing. :) I've fixed that in later releases, but not that version, unfortunately.

7. Negging is that pick-up artist thing, yeah. ;)

8. That kind of thing is quite possible, yeah. I've actually got a new character that I may be introducing soon who helps to lead in to that kind of content.

Sounds like you've probably finished it, particularly if you got Emi's interactive sex scene in the apartment. I'm glad you played it! The next public release, when it comes, will be another big one.
Awesome, thanks for taking the time again to write such a thorough explanation. Thanks for the insight regarding SEA, it's great to see more exposure of my subregion in any medium. From what I've seen, you've definitely done your research and it's awesome that you spread the culture and indirectly, your experiences as well through your game! :)

Regarding progression:

By the way, in regards to #8, I have a few follow-up questions:

Thanks again for taking the time to read this!

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Oh, then you do have more you can see in that build, yeah. You just have to unlock Emi's sex scene by seeing all four of her flashbacks before day 21, when the game 'ends'.

By the way, in regards to #8, I have a few follow-up questions:
I can't say 100% where I'm going with everything yet as I'm exploring the ideas slowly and seeing what works well as I write it (and what I personally think is interesting). For a while I was planning to use the jealousy system somewhat like you described, but it wasn't working very well the way I tried to write it initially, so that's on pause and maybe I'll pick up something similar later. (Or maybe not... we'll see. I will be keeping it in mind, of course.) There's definitely likely to be some sharing stuff at least, though. I'm hoping to get some of that in the game fairly soon.

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Oh, then you do have more you can see in that build, yeah. You just have to unlock Emi's sex scene by seeing all four of her flashbacks before day 21, when the game 'ends'.

I can't say 100% where I'm going with everything yet as I'm exploring the ideas slowly and seeing what works well as I write it (and what I personally think is interesting). For a while I was planning to use the jealousy system somewhat like you described, but it wasn't working very well the way I tried to write it initially, so that's on pause and maybe I'll pick up something similar later. (Or maybe not... we'll see. I will be keeping it in mind, of course.) There's definitely likely to be some sharing stuff at least, though. I'm hoping to get some of that in the game fairly soon.
Oh wow I was not expecting that quick of a reply :p Thanks for keeping my input in mind!

Ah, so I won't be able to see anything else now that I'm way past day 21? Guess I have to start a new game then.

That leaves me quite hopeful of things to come, can't wait for more stuff! Thanks again :)

Edit: Also, I kinda regret playing it. I now have to wait for the story to complete, kinda like waiting for your favorite manga to update :LOL:

Edit #2: Is there a possibility of allowing us to name saves? That way I can keep track of which path I'm in.

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Oh wow I was not expecting that quick of a reply :p Thanks for keeping my input in mind!

Ah, so I won't be able to see anything else now that I'm way past day 21? Guess I have to start a new game then.

That leaves me quite hopeful of things to come, can't wait for more stuff! Thanks again :)

Edit: Also, I kinda regret playing it. I now have to wait for the story to complete, kinda like waiting for your favorite manga to update :LOL:
Well, I'm trying to roll out the updates in a logical order, so it's not too hard to follow them as chapters in a story. So this update was "Emi in focus" and the next one is "Nobuko in the palm of my hand". And there are going to be surprises coming in how it plays out after that. (Apart from the Shizu story being in there, of course - that's not surprising.)

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Well, I'm trying to roll out the updates in a logical order, so it's not too hard to follow them as chapters in a story. So this update was "Emi in focus" and the next one is "Nobuko in the palm of my hand". And there are going to be surprises coming in how it plays out after that. (Apart from the Shizu story being in there, of course - that's not surprising.)
I was mainly referring to the anticipation, heh. Ah, yea, I also edited some of my previous posts so let me just shift those things forward:

1. Is there a possibility of allowing us to name saves? That way I can keep track of which path I'm in.

2. I like how you styled the subway system map as a 'progression' of sorts for the girl's memories. Maybe cross them out or change their color after they've been seen?

Edit: I just won at the casino and earned $0. Feelsbadman.
Edit #2: Missing word

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I was mainly referring to the anticipation, heh. Ah, yea, I also edited some of my previous posts so let me just shift those things forward:

1. Is there a possibility of allowing us to name saves? That way I can keep track of which path I'm in.
Sadly no; not yet, anyway. It would likely be difficult to implement because I'm using the in-built engine save system to prevent unnecessary bugs.

2. I like how you styled the subway system map as a 'progression' of sorts for the girl's memories. Maybe cross them out or change their color after they've been seen?
I'll think about that, sure.

Edit: I just won at the casino and earned $0. Feelsbadman.
Now you know that gambling doesn't pay.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
So, how do you cheat in this game?
That's a little thing I slipped in for patrons (though it shouldn't be necessary to play it - you just want to go on the right date for your skills and the lady's mood at the time). But if you have the codes you enter them by clicking on the closet in the entrance room.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes