Jul 7, 2017
ah, well then...you're just as bad as he is! :HideThePain:
Ehhhhh, alright, I'll let anyone using my engine jump to any scene when I release it. Saves me some effort anyway.

But the problem with sharing the decryption method for the game's images is that it's also the decryption method for all of the game's json code. And not wanting everyone to see your code is something I can personally understand.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Ehhhhh, alright, I'll let anyone using my engine jump to any scene when I release it. Saves me some effort anyway.

But the problem with sharing the decryption method for the game's images is that it's also the decryption method for all of the game's json code. And not wanting everyone to see your code is something I can personally understand.
Honestly, if he just made the game more enjoyable to play, without having to replay over and over and just hope you unlock the scenes you're trying to get... he'd have a subscriber in me.

bryant

Sep 1, 2017
hey if I use the cheatwin will I be able to have sex with them before the beach because it’s not enough time for me to get any of them

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Does this not run on anyone elses mac IOS? I am getting errors with the program the software runs on...NJPS or whatever...all I get is a compass when I try to open the game (after an error message)...

Reactions: seraphim64

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
I haven't quite committed to pissing off the game developer by giving a how-to on decrypting the game. That's also why, when I'm ready to release my Java-based engine for it, I probably won't let users jump to scenes they haven't already seen, might not let them view & modify persistent variables, etcetera.
If you offer a way to disable the time limit so I can just wander through the game then that'd be greeeaaattt.

Reactions: arvitus

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Right off the bat, I'll say this game does something that enrages me (and no doubt, many rpgm are guilty of this too): Restricting access to a menu or controls during ANY period of the gameplay.

The notion that in 2023 if I want to quit something at any given time, I may have to alt-f4/task manager it makes me see red.

If I'm just not aware of a certain hotkey, then my mistake.

-edit - hadn't yet located the toggleable skip options in lower menu, these problems are no more, so my initial judgements were too harsh.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017
If you offer a way to disable the time limit so I can just wander through the game then that'd be greeeaaattt.
Yes and no. Strictly speaking, I won't be adding a way to disable the time limit. However, my engine does have a tab for viewing & editing the game's variables, which implicitly offers a couple of options for this:

Let's say you're on day 10, and then change the value of Global Number variable 12 (Day number) to 7. Now you're back to day 7, so you've effectively just extended the time limit by 3 days. I think it might get a bit weird if there are any scripted events during the intervening time period, though.

Alternatively, let's say you set the Day number variable to 1234. Now you're on day 1234. I'm pretty sure the current version of the game has no idea what to do with that, so it'll just keep going and you'll never reach the ending (until you change the day number back to a reasonable value).

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
I haven't quite committed to pissing off the game developer by giving a how-to on decrypting the game. That's also why, when I'm ready to release my Java-based engine for it, I probably won't let users jump to scenes they haven't already seen, might not let them view & modify persistent variables, etcetera.
I don't get it. You think releasing a competing product that shows how poorly written the developer's code is isn't a "commit to pissing off the game developer?"

I think he'd rather you disclose how decoding works (I don't think you can even call this encryption since there's obviously no key that you stole from his possession to decrypt) than to create another engine. It isn't even a custom game engine, it's visualnovelmaker

I'd rather you just share the way so I can read this code and maybe see if I can figure out why everything is always so blisteringly slow.

Jul 7, 2017
I don't get it. You think releasing a competing product that shows how poorly written the developer's code is isn't a "commit to pissing off the game developer?"
The problem isn't that BBBen is writing poor code; the problem is that the engine sucks, and as you've pointed out he didn't make that. For the most part he isn't writing actual code -- I haven't used that software personally but I'm pretty sure it just makes the game developer drag events into a flowchart or something. The gs.Script command was used very sparingly, and mostly in utility scenes or data records that look like they came pre-made.

(Even the documentation sucks. I had to spend a lot of time cross-referencing the SCRIPTS.js file with what's actually on their website, and since ENGINE.js is incomprehensible I still couldn't figure out what was happening sometimes.)

And I certainly wouldn't call my program a competing product in any practical sense. It's certainly not a competing product for the game itself because it requires & utilizes the existing game's files as-is. And calling it a competing product for the original engine is a stretch because it won't support enough of the original engine's features to properly run most games -- maybe not any besides this one.

I'd rather you just share the way so I can read this code and maybe see if I can figure out why everything is always so blisteringly slow.
The SCRIPTS.js and ENGINE.js files aren't encrypted, and that's where all the actual code code is. If you want to try to find a way to make the existing engine less awful then feel free. I suspect the longest piece of real code BBBen personally wrote for the game is this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: cleanfeel

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
The problem isn't that BBBen is writing poor code; the problem is that the engine sucks, and as you've pointed out he didn't make that. For the most part he isn't writing actual code -- I haven't used that software personally but I'm pretty sure it just makes the game developer drag events into a flowchart or something. The gs.Script command was used very sparingly, and mostly in utility scenes or data records that look like they came pre-made.
Well I can't tell because those files read .json.js. So I assumed there's .js in there.

Honestly if I was feeling horny for coding work, I'd rather work on Rogue Like. https://f95zone.to/threads/rogue-like-evolution-v1-1d-oni.14/

That game is much more "game". The folks who did the rewrite basically gave up, but it shows how much better the game could be when optimized.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
How do I get this scene? I've already seen the first DP but the new one just won't pop up.
One of the threesomes (non hiraj) might be a trigger I dunno? I noticed I had never seen it, then when I did a run with the hiraj status cheat and day 7 start, I spent the whole date time basically on the double dates, it popped shortly after the first kitchen threesome.

Shame noboku doesnt have more, I went into game thinking emi would have best, but noboku has by far and way the best mmf scenes.

Tahxeol

Nov 30, 2018
Dumb question: after getting an ending, Mika is unlocked and the max jealousy is set at 12.
Unlocking another ending didn't seem to change anything afterward, despite the message saying otherwise. Did I miss something?

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Dumb question: after getting an ending, Mika is unlocked and the max jealousy is set at 12.
Unlocking another ending didn't seem to change anything afterward, despite the message saying otherwise. Did I miss something?
I think those 2 dont change anything, at least for me they didnt.

Only unlocking Emi and nobuku gave the future playthroughs +point gains for those characters. I havent gotten anything for shu or mika despite having finished their lines, have you?

Jul 7, 2017
It looks like every ending has at least a small effect on future play-throughs' stats. [Edit: For clarity sake I should have said "every victory ending", i.e. when you choose a particular girl at the end]
There may also be other effects on the game. In particular, I recall noticing a small change to dialogue in the introduction after getting Emi's ending.

Additionally, Emi's ending unlocks an Emi scene in the Victory Suite, and I wouldn't be surprised if other girls' endings will unlock scenes there in future updates.

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
It looks like every ending has at least a small effect on future play-throughs' stats:
There may also be other effects on the game. In particular, I recall noticing a small change to dialogue in the introduction after getting Emi's ending.

Additionally, Emi's ending unlocks an Emi scene in the Victory Suite, and I wouldn't be surprised if other girls' endings will unlock scenes there in future updates.
" Getting Shizu's ending increases her stat gain and your starting Mouth, similar to above. "

This is not true in my experience, unless it's bugged.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
That's probably because I forgot that Shizu's ending isn't actually done yet. Actually, what exactly happened that made it seem like you got her ending at all?
Exactly, nothing :cautious:

I mean I got to the sex scenes with her and all, but she never shows up as an option in the "pick who you want to be with" screen, so yeah, guess its not done. Im assumign this also ties into the "find the third" business, unless there's a different way to do that.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes