Agent Cooper

Sep 30, 2017
lets be honest here the avatar no one gave a shit about anyway, it was a shit feature and I can't believe they charged for that shit. 3d would fix nothing.

Really if you want to have a version of PE that doesn't suck, just do what I did and use an LLM to generate a better story with a proper conclusion. You can even have an avatar that doesn't look like shit thanks to Stable Diffusion and have the characters all have images associated.

I'm almost tempted to try and generate the whole game in a week and just dump it here just to add further insult to the devs.
I fully support you!

Dec 7, 2019
I think 1.3 was the last before it went patreon rules nuked and there was a GitHub setup with the src's, quick google should find it for you & then you can scale it to your hearts desire, I was modding it on and off for fun once the game went bad

Game wasn't built in twine by the end (like free cities) I believe people helped dev move beyond to speed up the making.

Last edited:

moonhead

Oct 8, 2016
Yes, it was fixed. PE1.3200, the one with poor performance, had it at:
Code:
Config.history.maxStates=50; //TODO Set this back to 5 after testing
You can find it mentioned earlier upthread, around the time that build was the most recent one.
I remember that bug, I may or may not have been the cause of it :D...

IIRC there was a version of the game with the cut content merged back in, that was released as a proper release, not a mod. It might be worth trawling through the repo to see what was checked in, also check out some of the other branches, there was a bit of a habit of running parallel branches with different content for a while there.

I think Twine/Twigo works "fine" for this style of game, but if I had a choice to start from scratch, I'd probably look at RenPy, as it seems to have good support for these story types of games, but also good state tracking and capabilities to extend. There was a lot of custom work put into this game, which was made more difficult than it needed to be by using Twine. I don't have enough experience with RenPy to say if it would be easier or harder with that engine, but I've seen other games that seem to handle this kind of gameplay well (eg, Headmaster).

At the end of the day, however, we really need to ask why we'd update or change this game at all? Engine wise, changing that would be an absolutely massive task, and you'd end up at the same place we're at now. I think the biggest problems with this game weren't the engine in the end, but rather story progression and endings. If we were to do a remake, I'd start of by re-writing it, then implementing that re-write from scratch.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Note :
I don't want to derail this thread but since there was not much new content in the past years for PE :

In case you run out of feminization literature, there is a rather new pirate site from 8Muses users who share thousands of ebooks, comics, etc. Quality of the novels varies, but since they have a huge selection of feminization stories, I thought I share this source here ...

A story which may come close to PE is

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 41 Votes