minimeatball

Jan 15, 2019
man, switching to godot was such a serious mistake, with literally 0 purpose. the framework for this game was already established with virtues. it's the exact same type of gameplay; there is not a single thing different about it. so why was the engine switched? i don't know if the dev talked about it when this first launched, but i can't imagine there being a single good reason. constant crashes and slowdowns plague this. it's gotten to the point where i have to save every 3 minutes in fear of crashing and losing a bunch of progress (which i'm thankful i've developed a habit for, because i do crash every 10-15 minutes), making playing this in long stretches absolute tedium. it's painful with this engine. developers seriously need to get it through their heads that nobody wants to play a unity game, or a godot game, or a custom engine, or whatever. renpy was developed for a reason. it excels at this, and the developer saw that firsthand with virtues. if your game isn't an rpg, or has any crazy gameplay that absolutely needs unity or something, for the love of god just use renpy.

Reactions: malaac2025
4.20 star(s) 35 Votes