Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.12.3] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Blazehoof

Oct 20, 2017
Lain posts this particular Mod directly on her Subscribestar page and unsurprisingly behind a paywall. She wants to be paid for her work like most people.

The last Mod Update when it appeared here was because it was leaked. :coffee:
This is fair, and she has every right to do it, but she really should just come out and officially say it.
If that is the case, I don't agree (can't really support a permanent paywall personally), but I wish her all the best...

Reactions: botc76 and EZ8lt

Chaos1989

Apr 30, 2017
The Last Post of Lain's on her subscribestar page at all regardless of what the post was about was on 10-21-2021

Angelsong

Jul 19, 2018
Well, I'm still hoping they share the updated mod at some point (or someone else shares it). I literally just use it for a convenient walkthrough (I don't really download it for the cheats, etc). If worst comes to worst I guess I can just keep the official walkthrough open while I play.. I figured it would be a "support me if you like my work" kind of thing, not frozen completely behind a paywall. If that's not the case I apologize, just going by what information others have shared here. Good luck on your modding.

Chaos1989

Apr 30, 2017
Well, I'm still hoping they share the updated mod at some point (or someone else shares it). I literally just use it for a convenient walkthrough (I don't really download it for the cheats, etc). If worst comes to worst I guess I can just keep the official walkthrough open while I play.. I figured it would be a "support me if you like my work" kind of thing, not frozen completely behind a paywall. If that's not the case I apologize, just going by what information others have shared here. Good luck on your modding.
Even Behind the PAYWALL is frozen lately

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
At this point I don't even know why devs don't add walkthroughs to their games. Most walkthrough mods are updated the same day the games are released so it must not be that hard to do it.

yukare

Jul 16, 2017
And this is a Sandbox game, not a VN. Sandbox is much harder to update than a VN, because in VN you just need to see the points/path a choise gives, but in Sandbox need to search how to start every event. Just to see, how many sandbox games, except by ones made from Lain, have a walktrought mod? Almost none.

Reactions: botc76

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
That is often because the modders are working together with the creators of these games.
They obtain new game versions in advance before publication.
I think that is true for some modders like shaddymodda, but there are quite a few of them that only start working on the mods when the updates are released and manage to update the mods the same day or the next day.

Reactions: EZ8lt

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Decided to check the thread to see if there were any news but it seems like it will take a while for this mod to be updated. Oh well I guess I'll play something else.

Jul 16, 2018
Can someone tell me what the coloured choices mean? I'm only used to normal colour and green colour for good/recommended choices. In this game however I also see red choices.

For instance, when I check mom lying on the couch at night it offers the suggestion "(Str) Get her to bed". But, the text is red. Does that mean that is a bad choice I should avoid?

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
Can someone tell me what the coloured choices mean? I'm only used to normal colour and green colour for good/recommended choices. In this game however I also see red choices.

For instance, when I check mom lying on the couch at night it offers the suggestion "(Str) Get her to bed". But, the text is red. Does that mean that is a bad choice I should avoid?
Str refers to your strength stat, there is also one for intelligence and charisma (i think?) and possibly a few more. They all have their own colors.

Jul 16, 2018
Str refers to your strength stat, there is also one for intelligence and charisma (i think?) and possibly a few more. They all have their own colors.
Thanks a bunch for the explanation. I now progressed further and indeed also noticed that each trait has its own colour. Because I had only seen the red one it was confusing me.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
yeah we are not only ones that are missing him, thats from MP thread, he lost job cause he aint around
View attachment 1516892
https://f95zone.to/threads/midnight-paradise-v0-14-elite-lewdlab.25081/post-7003333
Somewhat amusing actually, having Maim Lain as his main coder you'd think he'd know that she is very much female! o_O But not the first time folks have referred to her as "he/him/his" although it has been clarified many times, generally by Maim herself! :ROFLMAO: Guess some folks just cannot believe a woman would be involved in creating and modding VN's! :ROFLMAO:

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Somewhat amusing actually, having Maim Lain as his main coder you'd think he'd know that she is very much female! o_O But not the first time folks have referred to her as "he/him/his" but it's been clarified many times, generally by Maim herself! :ROFLMAO: Guess some folks just cannot believe a woman would be involved in creating and modding VN's! :ROFLMAO:
too much words for saying 'she is a female'

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes