Mod Ren'Py Photo Hunt - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v0.16.2] [Shawnchapp]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

IceCreamMommy

Jun 6, 2018
Shawnchapp Hey i have a question if i use the universal cheat mod and change the route of the girl im on the hints get updated and show me the hint for the new route but once i reach the end of a particular route and then change using the universal mod all it says is "max level reached" is there anyway to include route changes into your mod or would that require a complete overhaul of ur mod if so nvm :)

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Shawnchapp Hey i have a question if i use the universal cheat mod and change the route of the girl im on the hints get updated and show me the hint for the new route but once i reach the end of a particular route and then change using the universal mod all it says is "max level reached" is there anyway to include route changes into your mod or would that require a complete overhaul of ur mod if so nvm :)
some of the routes should change as you switch routes... which girls are you talking about?

Update on update (lol)
So its going to take a bit longer then i thought since im going to had all the side events for misro stuff (posters, his mom, fight etc)

IceCreamMommy

Jun 6, 2018
some of the routes should change as you switch routes... which girls are you talking about?

Update on update (lol)
So its going to take a bit longer then i thought since im going to had all the side events for misro stuff (posters, his mom, fight etc)
rachel alice evelyn and quinn are the only ones ive checked it with and only evelyn's walkthrough updates when i change the route the others dont

Jun 2, 2022
not updated yet currently working on it, it should still work you just won't have a guide for the new stuff in 15.1a
It's not just the guide for new stuff missing, it seems prevent triggering the newest content. Kept trying to trigger Miroslav step 7 at the school with no luck, but reinstalling without the mod let me trigger it.

Love your mod for this game. I don't think I'd have had the patience to play this game without it. Thanks so much for the all the work you do on it. (y)

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
rachel alice evelyn and quinn are the only ones ive checked it with and only evelyn's walkthrough updates when i change the route the others dont
I'll have to check out rachels to see why but its probably the method your using to change it there quite a few variables that have to be change to change her route its not just "rach_route" like rm progress/success has to be changed aswell and a few others, Alice is more tricky since she kinda has 4 routes ("will", "no_will", "drug" rm "maiden" rm "will") with different flags/variables, Quinn is just an old guide and didn't have a route variable when the guide was made (so would need a whole re write)

It's not just the guide for new stuff missing, it seems prevent triggering the newest content. Kept trying to trigger Miroslav step 7 at the school with no luck, but reinstalling without the mod let me trigger it.
thats weird... i didn't have the problem (or possible i already fix'd it and forgot Lol)

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Update time after fumbling with the posters and how i wanted the guide (7 failed attempts later cause im picky/weird) i decided to do this (pic below) and a similar style will be used elsewhere too, for requirements i'm using icons (if you have better ones let me know i might change them must be 24x24) so the icons are
1671785614692.png = Photography
1671785650600.png = Charisma
1671785687666.png = Strength
1671785705896.png = Hacking
1671785740542.png = Love
1671785758098.png = Intelligence

And obviously Green check means Done/requirements met, Red "X" meand not met/not done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Update time after fumbling with the posters and how i wanted the guide (7 failed attempts later cause im picky/weird) i decided to do this (pic below) and a similar style will be used elsewhere too, for requirements i'm using icons (if you have better ones let me know i might change them must be 24x24) so the icons are
View attachment 2256955 = Photography
View attachment 2256956 = Charisma
View attachment 2256958 = Strength
View attachment 2256959 = Hacking
View attachment 2256960 = Love
View attachment 2256961 = Intelligence

And obviously Green check means Done/requirements met, Red "X" meand not met/not done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow this sounds extremely complex mod. Thanks for putting so much work on this

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Your Mod is one of the best I have ever seen, every detail is in order, love that Shawnchapp!
I'm completionist myself and guide with every detail is just an awesome tool, thank you!
for the posters its not very detailed (like step by step) Scene tells you who to get the poster from and locations but i figure by now the player is smart enough to know the times when people are in those locations (if not i guess i could rewrite it all once agian if it becomes an issue) should also note if you have done any of Alices route you will be locked out of 1 or 2 posters (depending on route you on you can get 2 on the love/amends route and 1 on the corruption/maiden route

in theory i think you can get all 3 for her if you do the quests in the right exact order like get both of her loves ones before you pick an actual route with her then make her a maiden to get the last one (i clearly won't cover that in the guide because that is way to complex and micro managey to the point be better of making the game a kinetic novel.

Reactions: JohnJG

Diekh

Mar 22, 2022
Shawnchapp
Hi, in [Evelyn Side Events > Poster Scenes] only have this: "Poster scenes completed", and I not completed.
Can take a look in this?
Thanks for your mod. Mod v0.15.1a here.

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Shawnchapp
Hi, in [Evelyn Side Events > Poster Scenes] only have this: "Poster scenes completed", and I not completed.
Can take a look in this?
Thanks for your mod. Mod v0.15.1a here.
it means you completed misroslavs events if you already sompleted it you get locked out of all the other content

EDIt: Nvm

grr i used a >= when i should've used a <= sigh give for a few mins to switch links

EDIT Important

if you downloaded the mod before this post please re-download to get the bug fix for poster events

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Samhain71 and Diekh

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of v0.15.1a with Shawn's mod included.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Edit: The above download links have been updated with a fix for a gallery unlock issue that came up

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Made a compressed Android port of v0.15.1a with Shawn's mod included.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

added to main post, hope you used the bugged fix version Lol

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Sweet. Don't worry, by the time I downloaded the mod, that "Edit Important" was already showing in your post.

Reactions: Shawnchapp
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote