Ren'Py Abandoned Pie In The Sky [v0.5.0 Ruby Edition] [Emmerald Entertainment]

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes

Emmerald Entertainment

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
The artwork is impressive, which is why I'm a little surprised the main menu was just a blank brown color.
The whole potion questline feels like a decent way to introduce you to the game.

The dialogue is nice, with a few mistakes here and there, the strangest being a sentence that starts with a comma.

As for the questline, again, a decent introduction, but it has some flaws. Some parts of the quests very much depend on what order you talk to people in.

Also, whilst the artwork is very good you've created a bit of a pixel hunt when you can't tell which things are interactable unless you hover over them. It's nice that they get highlighted, but you kinda have to run you mouse all over the screen to make sure you aren't missing something.

There's also an issue with the whole night time scene, lot's of backgrounds only has a daytime variant, so the scenery goes from night to day and back again as you move around.

Finally, I got an error during the introduction of Marma:

Code:
While running game code:
File "game/scripts/characterLabels/Kissa.rpy", line 381, in script
    $ journal.inventory[10].done = True
IndexError: list index out of range
So yeah, there's some kinks in your code, but I was very surprised at how well it feels to move around in the village you have set up. Everything was easy to navigate and simple to interact with.

The inclusion of a journal was also a nice touch.
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain!

We are working right now fixing the way the story develops, and all the little mistakes here and there. Soon enough we hope to bring new and better updates!

Emmerald Entertainment

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
Anything permanent or more something like MnF magic book where it wears off after a scene/moment ?

Edit: Not a fan of gender bender and/or sissyfication so I'd like to know before I get attached to the game (don't really mind a scene or two tbf) ;)
No worries, it isn't anything specifically related to gender or sex transformation. It is more aimed to describe characters changing or growing throughout the story.

Oct 4, 2019
That awkward moment when you're stuck and you don't know whether you're simply too blind to find a hotspot to click on.

I need to find "something else" for Tamara after being to told leave for that island but I can't see a way to leave.

Any hero(in)es willing to guide me through the jungle? :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile I'll just say the art is very nice.

Last edited:

Emmerald Entertainment

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
That awkward moment when you're stuck and you don't know whether you're simply too blind to find a hotspot to click on.

I need to find "something else" for Tamara after being to told leave for that island but I can't see a way to leave.

Any hero(in)es willing to guide me through the jungle? :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile I'll just say the art is very nice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 4, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you! I've been in two of those but I must have missed a hotspot. Yeah, I truly find the art impressive so far (the read-me stated you rather are illustrators than coders, good job on learning yet another skillset) and the rest I'll see after reading some more. :giggle:

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes