Ren'Py Abandoned Pie In The Sky [v0.5.0 Ruby Edition] [Emmerald Entertainment]

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
You can using the book in the MC's house. It's literally saved on that screen!
Ah, OK. I was going to play the whole thing again (mostly because I'm not sure where I left off), but I hit an impasse. The Chief's Daughter quest tells me to follow Lei's questline, but I can't advance with her. I think I'll skip then.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Ah, OK. I was going to play the whole thing again (mostly because I'm not sure where I left off), but I hit an impasse. The Chief's Daughter quest tells me to follow Lei's questline, but I can't advance with her. I think I'll skip then.
We've tested as much as possible - I doubt it's an issue our side honestly. Share your quest log or save if you'd like.

GamerQueen

Sep 9, 2019
I remember playing this game in January. It's really good to see a new update. TBH I really enjoyed the previous one, but was almost forgotten the game (cause no recent news, It's been long time you know.) Let me give a try to the latest one. I always recommend my friends to play selected (good storyline / engaging plot based) games, this is one of them.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
BlahxBlah Thanks for the review. We put a lot of work into making our minigames surprisingly unoffensive. We noticed we're missing the 5th star (Nothing wrong with that opinion) but we wanted to ask what you thought could be improved overall?

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Well, it's nice to see devs asking for feedback. Well, here's mine!

Just played the game. Art is nice and different from other games. Always a thumbs up in my view.
I particularly like Tammara and Hera. I'm used to long-haired nymphs, so Rissa didn't cater much to me. Lei (the pottery girl), Mamra (the evil nymph), and the fat garden lady (she's interactable, so I guess she'll be bangable in the future as well) were the least attractive ones to me. Mist Fortune is a bitch (friendzoned her traveling companion as if he was nothing and minutes later banged the MC!) and I hope she meets a terrible fate.
I hope Daddy Shark gets some more screentime. He has the potential to be a great sidekick as Liam from Acting Lessons is.

Storyline is interesting, but I didn't understand a thing about the green girl you fuck when putting a green gem on the statue. Seems similar to the Gaia girl from Steamy Paradise. I'm intrigued at the succubus Mamra sends to leech you - she asks to be saved?!
I like the Polynesian vibe, although it seems to me the game happens in modern times? The MC keeps breaking the 4th wall with stuff from today, but he lives in a place without internet, electricity, or tourists. I guess the dialogue could try to meet the story timeline (1700s-1800s?) to avoid breaking the immersion. Heck, the MC even says 'Jesus' when fucking Tammara, but nowhere in the game a Christian motif is shown - on the contrary, they have a statue of a goddess right there...
The game doesn't really explain what kept MC and Lei from dissolving in the lava. The knife has magic, but it would need a really strong one for that. IIRC, they made the knife with the crystalline metal found in the cave, right?

I liked the hint system - it's direct to the point and not cryptic at all. I only took more time trying to understand what I had to do with Lei questline, but in the end I managed to advance.

This is a great piece of art!
1622711169984.png

Animations... hit and miss. Not the best ones I've seen, but also not the worst. They're pretty simple - could get more frames (including changing facial expressions) and moving body parts. Oh, the Rissa standing scene is missing from the gallery.
The music is always the same. The lewd moments could certainly be improved with appropriate music.
I felt bad at hitting the rats in the cave. They cried! lol
The rock minigame when you train with Daddy Shark is exactly the same as the rat one... I'd suggest making it different.
You learn to fish, but don't use that knowledge anywhere in the game. Hope it'll be important in the future.

All in all, a game with potential. I'll wait for Chapter 2!

---

There's a bug: Hera keeps repeating a 'good night' text interaction every time you talk to her - even when there's new stuff for her to say.
Another one: the succubus' scene in the gallery goes to Lei's butt over the cave instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Back

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I was wrong on one of my fixes. The fix to the fix is below.
One Mist step : (unsure if this is a pun or just because you were over used to putting her name) otherwise "One misstep"

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes