Ren'Py Abandoned Pie In The Sky [v0.5.0 Ruby Edition] [Emmerald Entertainment]

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
So maybe that maybe some people decide to support on patreon. ;)
More like to try and paywal. I get patreon only releases, and the cheat code, but hiding some content behind a paywal minus the skip mini game is just kind of fishy. There is a ton of devs out there making good money, who don't even care if their patreon only is leaked here. I mean to me I pay because I like it not because I feel corced into it... I mean 6.50 just to unlock this full public release is a bit sus. I mean I would do 1 even the 1.5, but 6.50 nah that seems way to off. I mean for 6.50 I expect to vote not get full content...

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Oh and I found a bug I some how got the Lei quest to loop I went and talked to her and it started up the go into the cave route again all the way to valcano bit.

rigman

May 19, 2021
More like to try and paywal. I get patreon only releases, and the cheat code, but hiding some content behind a paywal minus the skip mini game is just kind of fishy. There is a ton of devs out there making good money, who don't even care if their patreon only is leaked here. I mean to me I pay because I like it not because I feel corced into it... I mean 6.50 just to unlock this full public release is a bit sus. I mean I would do 1 even the 1.5, but 6.50 nah that seems way to off. I mean for 6.50 I expect to vote not get full content...
They don't care BECAUSE they are making good money.

spike0000

Jul 12, 2017
Oh, that's not true.

It seems they earning a couple of hundred per month now at Patreon.

They need to do some marketing thingy for sure.

And, I don't think setting up paywall help it.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
I know it's hard decision to share the game as the dev, but what's the point of uploading patreon edition without code?

It's like torturing with carrot..

I'm just saying haha..
As someone else said, this build includes a bunch of improvements. We wanted to release a solid chapter 1 edition with everything we wanted in it, no bugs, and other stuff earlier in the story.

Reactions: spike0000

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Sorry about that, this was a bonus scene funded by our ruby donors, for our ruby donors. They picked the context, and we did this while working on our next title. The 5 euro donors are what is keeping the project afloat.

We're really not honestly, we'll probably need to shut down if we don't manage to improve our outreach honestly. But we're trying hard every day to improve things. There's currently 3 people working on this behind the scenes, and we put every penny back into the game. Even if we weren't, we're not even close to being able to live off the project.

• Sad
Reactions: Dvvalin

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Have you tried Steam? Seems like many have salvaged projects by releasing it there.
Doesnt seem like this game wouldn't have issues being approved.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Not going to mention codes here but why do we have a check like this:

Code:
label tamm_ruby_bonus:
    # Please don't unlock this scene, we really need the supporters currently.
    # Unless you're in the future and we're earning loads, then go ahead!
    # - Red
    if persistent.patreon_level < 3:
        "Sorry, this scene is a ruby supporter exclusive! Find the code on SubscribeStar or Patreon {a=[linktree]}here{/a}."
        #Event not complete, let them go again, and don't let them visit the apothecary.
        return False
when the code entry only has three codes to set levels up to level 3? Methinks the dev fat fingered their level check because there is a scene gated behind this.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Not going to mention codes here but why do we have a check like this:

Code:
label tamm_ruby_bonus:
    # Please don't unlock this scene, we really need the supporters currently.
    # Unless you're in the future and we're earning loads, then go ahead!
    # - Red
    if persistent.patreon_level < 3:
        "Sorry, this scene is a ruby supporter exclusive! Find the code on SubscribeStar or Patreon {a=[linktree]}here{/a}."
        #Event not complete, let them go again, and don't let them visit the apothecary.
        return False
when the code entry only has three codes to set levels up to level 3? Methinks the dev fat fingered their level check because there is a scene gated behind this.
Let's say we added a level 4 code in future, it's just good practice to allow all codes above that to have access to older scenes.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here honestly. It's just part of my workflow, didn't think much of it.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Just my c/c++ and pythonic nature kicking in. I was thinking in terms of zero based indexing for arrays initially and then noticed that you were 1 based on this scheme. This is also one way to tell an engineer apart from a software developer :sneaky:

Don't mind us. An old time brogrammer told me a story once about having to do some math in a class up on the whiteboard. He had been debugging in ODT (old timey PDP 11 stuff) all day and absent mindedly did it in Octal. He didn't realize what he was doing until the teacher looked at him cross eyed for blowing simple math in an evening grad school course.

Let's say we added a level 4 code in future, it's just good practice to allow all codes above that to have access to older scenes.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here honestly. It's just part of my workflow, didn't think much of it.

rigman

May 19, 2021
We're really not honestly, we'll probably need to shut down if we don't manage to improve our outreach honestly. But we're trying hard every day to improve things. There's currently 3 people working on this behind the scenes, and we put every penny back into the game. Even if we weren't, we're not even close to being able to live off the project.
Yeah I know, I was talking about what he said. "There is a ton of devs out there making good money, who don't even care if their patreon only is leaked here." Looks like my words sound little wrong there.

• Angry
Reactions: Dvvalin

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
In the first Hera scene i was super confused, when she's on the bed vs the next image her standing they look like 2 completely different people to me.. hair much darker, no boob tanmarks, necklace, no hair gown, eyecolor completely different..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NamesRed

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Yeah I know, I was talking about what he said. "There is a ton of devs out there making good money, who don't even care if their patreon only is leaked here." Looks like my words sound little wrong there.
No worries, thanks for clarifying!

4.50 star(s) 15 Votes