Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
So download V .5 from the Mega link on page 17. Picked up from an old save but ran into an error code. Usually this happens because of changes. So I started a new save. I'm off to do a little fishing and click on the character tab to equip the pole. Ran in an error code that cannot be ignored (no response), or rolledback (kicks me out of the game). It can only be reloaded to before I clicked the character tab. I'm running this on Windows 7 64-bit, so not sure if it's because I got a wrong ver. or what. Error message in spoiler below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: MilkyDaddy

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
So download V .5 from the Mega link on page 17. Picked up from an old save but ran into an error code. Usually this happens because of changes. So I started a new save. I'm off to do a little fishing and click on the character tab to equip the pole. Ran in an error code that cannot be ignored (no response), or rolledback (kicks me out of the game). It can only be reloaded to before I clicked the character tab. I'm running this on Windows 7 64-bit, so not sure if it's because I got a wrong ver. or what. Error message in spoiler below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, I found a problem, now we’ll lay out the fix on the patreon.

Since this error appeared due to the fact that we adapted the game for mac, it is possible that there may still be problems ... There is no testing possibility for mac.

Thank you for writing about the error.

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
Yes, I found a problem, now we’ll lay out the fix on the patreon.

Since this error appeared due to the fact that we adapted the game for mac, it is possible that there may still be problems ... There is no testing possibility for mac.

Thank you for writing about the error.
Thank you! Would I be overstepping if I suggested that the team makes a windows version and a mac version for the game instead of one game for both OS?

Reactions: MilkyDaddy

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
Thank you! Would I be overstepping if I suggested that the team makes a windows version and a mac version for the game instead of one game for both OS?
Yes, it was so ... But the person in the team is firmly convinced that distributing 1 distribution kit is more convenient and profitable for everything ... I will offer it again. Thanks for the feedback. Good thought.

MilkyDaddy

Made with love <3
Game Developer
Oct 6, 2018
Are you really release bugfix only for patrons? Than what was a point of releasing version 0.5 to the public if it doesn't work without fix? :confused:
But we did not release the game to the public o.0 All 5.0 ( fix ver 5.1 -5.2 were for patrons.)

I am not responsible for the game downloaded not from our patron, and officially we did not upload the version to public access.

But I have nothing against if one of the patrons puts the version here. It is on their conscience.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup .. do not touch the note book ... Just pry it open in the previous version and see what's in it.

Nov 9, 2019
I downloaded the last version but i'm getting this everytime i click notebook

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/port.rpy", line 1445, in <module>
  File "game/inventory_cell.rpy", line 32, in render
NameError: global name '_font_for_count' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 1319, in script call
  File "port.rpyc", line 1445, in script call
  File "taverna.rpyc", line 571, in script call
  File "ship.rpyc", line 1588, in script call
  File "ship.rpyc", line 749, in script call
  File "ship.rpyc", line 797, in script call
  File "ship.rpyc", line 1493, in script call
  File "taverna.rpyc", line 671, in script call
  File "taverna.rpyc", line 895, in script call
  File "taverna.rpyc", line 770, in script call
  File "taverna.rpyc", line 874, in script call
  File "port.rpyc", line 70, in script call
  File "taverna.rpyc", line 671, in script call
  File "port.rpyc", line 70, in script call
  File "port.rpyc", line 596, in script call
  File "port.rpyc", line 1445, in script
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\python.py", line 1804, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/port.rpy", line 1445, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1306, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2620, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 3022, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\core.py", line 2034, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 475, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 231, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 143, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\screen.py", line 639, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 913, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1527, in render
    cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1522, in sizeit
    rend = render(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 262, in render
    surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 913, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 871, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\Victor\Desktop\DBZDK\Pirate-0.5-market\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1110, in render
    st, at)
  File "game/inventory_cell.rpy", line 32, in render
NameError: global name '_font_for_count' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Pirates: Golden Tits 0.5
[/CODE]

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017

exter

May 29, 2017
Is the notebook fixed in the 5.2 version? game crashes when i open it and im not sure if the comments above about the broken notebook are meant for 5.0 or 5.2.

edit: works so far with a new game, i'll see if it will still crash as soon as im further into the game

edit2: crashes again. bought the cheat code book, used it and bought everything in the port (books, weapons, shovel...) after that it started crashing again. i dont know which of these items caused the error and im to lazy to find out myself but maybe it will help others to solve or avoid this crash

Last edited:

Zit_BR

Jan 16, 2019
I can not get out of the cave my God I'm stuck in this part for hours someone already managed to tell me how complete this part?

Harskialdna

May 25, 2017
0.5.2. will start crashing when opening the Notebook after you have purchased a consumable (like the shovels from Mary or the Rum from the bar)! If you don't buy those it seems you'll be able to continue.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup .. it is for the game design .. The note book was supposed top be a text walk a ton and not
a deal breaker ... Just bust open the codes and see the steps in the actual code.
get the compressed 4.2 and watch the actual steps ... then come back and work in the blind in this version. Game On!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
It breaks is you buy anything. or just do not use the note book.
How is your game play with no agenda?

3.30 star(s) 16 Votes