Tool Pixel Game Maker MV extractor

bobbot

May 10, 2018
hmm
Seems to be a new F95 thing. Dang, that's a bad look.

These kinds of tools often trigger anti-virus because they use DLL injection to modify the game's behavior and make it dump its keys and/or files. It's virus-like behavior.

It doesn't have a virus in it, but you don't really have a reason to trust me on that. So idk. Download at your own risk.

(I've included the source code for some of my past tools but stopped doing that since it seems like no one looks at it anyway. And it's not like there's a guarantee that the .exe actually comes from the source code I include)
i doubt you would want to get banned from here for something so silly as spreading malware, i was mainly confused at virus in all caps printed on the file maybe it was a joke i was not in on... hope this place dont go all steam/nanny we stoped you from doing the thing you want for your protection. thanks for breaking it down i know some encryption methiods also set off red flags too. dll if im not misrembering that means dynamic link library right but when said aloud it kinda sounds like dill man now i want a pickle thank you again for the tool i like looking at spritework but sometimes its hard to do that while the game is running...

Reactions: xj47
Jun 17, 2019
Can u tell plz why ur tool can't decrypt (zero size after decryption, original file about 300Mb) project.json file from this game (all other files decrypted fine)
I also tried to decrypt the same game (version 0.84, latest decensored) and I had the same problem.

I solved it (a bit at random to tell the truth) by starting the game and immediately after "extract.bat", even before the game window appeared.

P.S.: Even decrypting the files and compressing the images I didn't get all these FPS, but at least I was satisfied with myself

I've included the source code for some of my past tools but stopped doing that since it seems like no one looks at it anyway. And it's not like there's a guarantee that the .exe actually comes from the source code I include
To be honest I only discovered this tool a few days ago and the first thing I did was browse the code in Python (actually I took the opportunity to create a script that translates the text strings in the decrypt file).

But I would be interested, if you are willing to share it, in the code you use for the latest version, the one with the injector

Reactions: megalol

bobbot

May 10, 2018
thank you for your hard work with this again... shame im about to cause you potential headach not sure whats causing it but a game seems to be immune to it the game in question is one being made by monoclops thats currently in their fanbox. if you want to test why the game is on kemono party not sure on linking policy on this so erroring on the side of caution after remembering a bit about ulmf but the title of the post is エロアクション2022ver0.0.2. the artist is also the same on the site. bear in mind i may be big dumb at the moment. EDIT was big dumb they did not encrypt the files it was my os being a derp

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: xj47

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
Added some conveniences to the code:
  • By default it doesn't need any command line parameters - just launch the game and then run the extractor from the same directory (it searches for the biggest .exe);
  • It won't crash if encounters Unicode files/subfolders (the game should still be installed to English-only path);
  • Injected .dll is packed in the same executable;
  • It ignores "extracted" folder if it already exists.
It will obviously be marked as a virus because it uses process injection techniques that viruses use. In case of worries just use the sources to compile it, they are included.

Many thanks to xj47.
upd: bugfix; archive password is f95zone

Last edited:

limenghan

Feb 1, 2018
Added some conveniences to the code: it searches the biggest .exe in the folder, by default it doesn't need any command line parameters - just launch the game and then run the app from the same dir, injected .dll is packed in same single app and decryptor ignores "extracted" folder if it already exists. It will obviously be marked as a virus because it uses process injection techniques that viruses use. In case of worries one can just use the sources to compile it, they are included.
Many thanks to xj47.
I can not download the Attachments,can you give me a other link?

msy-fish

Sep 5, 2022
Added some conveniences to the code: it searches the biggest .exe in the folder, by default it doesn't need any command line parameters - just launch the game and then run the app from the same dir, injected .dll is packed in same single app and decryptor ignores "extracted" folder if it already exists. It will obviously be marked as a virus because it uses process injection techniques that viruses use. In case of worries one can just use the sources to compile it, they are included.
Many thanks to xj47.
Hi, I followed your step but didn't work on the game "RJ323674". The app windows just close with no information.
Do you have any ideas? Thank you!

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
msy-fish: you should rename to English all Japanese-named files/subfolders in the game's folder. That version only works properly if there are no Japanese characters in any of them.
But as it's very fragile behaviour I have also modified the tool to accept Unicode filenames.

Last edited:

msy-fish

Sep 5, 2022
Thank you, it works!!
I delete the Japanese-named How To Play folder and rename the exe file to English.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Added some conveniences to the code: it searches the biggest .exe in the folder and properly handles Unicode paths, by default it doesn't need any command line parameters - just launch the game and then run the app from the same folder, injected .dll is packed in the same executable and decryptor ignores "extracted" folder if it already exists. It will obviously be marked as a virus because it uses process injection techniques that viruses use. In case of worries just use the sources to compile it, they are included.
Many thanks to xj47.
Hi, can u check ur tool plz on this game (not all images decrypted with it, for example "Agnietta\Resources\img\001.png" and some others too but in log all fine) coz original xj47 version worked fine on it but I like ur new features...

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
megalol: try to run the tool twice after "extracted" folder already created. For some reason unknown to me it sometimes unpacks additional files this way.
Thx for advice but in this case I better stay on old version coz it used in my UAGC compressor so this sadly not solves issue.

Mαlice

Jun 10, 2018
Is it possible for this to extract files but also create a project file to load the game into Pixel Game Maker MV itself?

Reactions: DarkLabs02

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Is it possible for this to extract files but also create a project file to load the game into Pixel Game Maker MV itself?
no, only the image files get extracted. To rebuild the project you'd also need some script files.