Unity Onhold Pizza Cold [Tech Demo] [Abelius]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

xxoo

Dec 19, 2017
My favorite programmer, very good art, but I prefer the slow corruption of pizza hot.
yeah! same for art.......ha ha.....so I don't understand how to play of pizza hot.......I'm resrearching.......

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Country roads, WEST VIRGINIA !!!

Pizza hot and ALSO COLD Wooo!

Based Abelius and whoever it's working with him along these 2 games ;) !

Best of lucks with this one as well

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
It implies a bit more than pushing a button, but I'll try soon with Pizza Hot, after I fix the more problematic current bugs.

For Pizza Cold I'll try today. No guarantees though. In case it won't compile for any reason, I don't have the time to modify the architecture to allow alt platforms. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your words. Some of them are just the usual suspects that have been out for my blood with the same perpetual 'milking' and 'you will fail' arguments. It's just not worth it trying to convince them because they need their daily trolling fix.

For the rest of people with legitimate doubts, I've already explained why this isn't going to take a 50% of my time. And... it's very tiring needing to write everything again every four posts, sorry. ;)

Nope, a non-desktop port is out of the question due to a lot of technical reasons.

As for your issue, you need a DirectX11 compliant graphics card at the very minimum, along with a ten years old computer aprox.
Love you for "Trying" to make a mac version of cold pizza! Know that! Me and my legions of people who overpay for a over-engineered PC!

Oct 6, 2018
so this is same game with pizza hot but this is fast paced? I just want to play one of them why more confusionnn noooo

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Pizza Hot doesnt have enough content, yet theyre making another game? Really looking forward to that game, been waiting since it released. Now I have to wait a lot longer because theyll be spending half their time to this new one.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

guanciale

Aug 30, 2021
Pizza Hot doesnt have enough content, yet theyre making another game? Really looking forward to that game, been waiting since it released. Now I have to wait a lot longer because theyll be spending half their time to this new one.
Maybe you read a few posts, then you know more....

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Take a look at Pizza Hot latest posts and you'll see my explanation of why it won't be half the time.

Just yesterday, I added support for windowed mode. It'll be in next versions.
Your updates' timeframe are divided, based on the changelog of the game thread.
From each month, to 2 months, then your latest after 3 months.
I hope its because youre adding more content? Fixing more bugs with each updates?
I cant tell, because Ive played your first release only and really loved it.

But the fact that the delayed time of your updates are increasing, makes me worried.
In my case, seeing a new game from you isnt helping.
Although you have already clarified to us that this game is sort of the same.
Same program, same art, same mechanics etc.
And that it only took you 2 days to make this.

Then how are you getting so delayed with Pizza Hot's updates if things seem too easy to make in only 2 days?
Will you be alternating this game's contents and Pizza Hot?

Or is this game merely just a parody, some sort of side dish, DLC?
Fast paced that you made for fun?

Because personally, I would love it if this game isnt just a parody.
I like fast paced corruption with amazing contents.

I hope you love your games with passion.
There is nothing more beautiful and great than an adult game dev who does.
Please work on them forever.

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
The two first updates (0.2 and 0.3) were one month apart. Then 0.4 came after three months, yes. There were two reasons for that: fixing issues and performance, and the huge relocation at the start of the year (took me one month).

But the main time investment went to engine work. An ongoing task that won't ever disappear entirely, because I'm not using Renpy or RPGMaker, and this is an animated side-scroller aiming for quality and smoothness, not a visual novel with still renders.

Also, I don't take shortcuts. If I want to present something the way I envision, that usually means adding more functionality to the engine, which in turn adds more possible points of failure.

"Easy" is not the word you're looking for. What I'm saying is that for content being made so fast, I need to put new engine features together. Automated and modular, so (for example) when I want a character seating in front of an already seated character (Sophie event), I only need to tell the engine {{SeatInFront}}, instead of going on adding some dozen lines of code every time I want someone doing that. And those engine features benefit both games.

I know you guys only see updates being uploaded, and then infer a dev productivity from the time in between those updates. But that doesn't reflect the realities of my everyday work.

I need to fix bugs that arise, and I need to code in a civilized, modular way. If that means people have doubts about my ultimate productivity and think it's not worth to support my work, so be it. Of course it will hurt my income because of the lack of trust, but doing things the right way it's just non negotiable.
The fact that you want everything to be perfect in your games, bug free and smooth, is enough to gain my trust now. Thankyou.

• Haha
Reactions: Fabaz and Priappus

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Actual crash to desktop, or application not responding?

In next versions there will be a lot more debug messages in the player.log, so I won't ask you to send it to me at this time. It'll be better later.
Sorry I should have edited my post, finally got it to work. Before it would do the loading bar and then nothing I would just be back at my desktop no hanging no error just nothing. Thank you for responding, I do appreciate it and the demo for as short as it was really impressed me.

Korok85

Aug 21, 2021
I did not play PizzaHot till now but will do so soon. I only checked Pizza Cold Demo and like the Art and direction. Would like to see a full game of it.

About the Art: I like the BJ scene but what bothered me was that the nice animation is covered by a big part (her boobs) with text and a black shadow. The possibility to the hide text and shadow would be nice. Also a "Go back 1 or 2 frames" if you missed the last text .
I like all the rest.

Maybe these two points are already inside Pizza Hot and only missing in this Demo. I will see.

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
I can't enable that feature in a general way, as Ren'py does. It would be doable if the dialogue system I have in place didn't manage almost every aspect of what happens on screen.
Perhaps just a "History" feature, where you can click to see the last few lines in a popup or on a full screen page?

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote