Please stop using MEGA.NZ to upload your stuff

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
So, even IF what you are saying were true, what alternatives do you propose especially for games larger than 1-2GB?
Nopy.to has no limit on file size, and no daily limit either. Mega limits both with crazy restrictions.
Nopy, and zippyshare allow multiple simultaneous downloads... Mega only allows 1 download at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sphere42

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Nopy.to has no limit on file size, and no daily limit either. Mega limits both with crazy restrictions.
Any bandwidth throttle? I haven't tried that one much because for me MEGA works flawlessly (with megatools or similar scripts to get around the "browser cache" hoax at file sizes >2GB)

xXAltaiirXx

Jun 6, 2018
So many of you started insulting me and throwing judgment out of nowhere ... What I wanted to say is that I can't access many walkthroughs and download links because I can't access MEGA.NZ ... Whenever I click on it, it tells me that the links aren't secure and that my network isn't private ... and when I did research on internet I found that article ...
Bottomline talks, I just wanted the developpers to post different alternatives and not rely only on MEGA ... Nopy works perfectly for me and so far the best with 0 problems encountered ...
And thanks for your insults anyways (y) that proves how judgmental & narrow minded people can be (y)

• Angry
Reactions: Sphere42

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
So many of you started insulting me and throwing judgment out of nowhere ... What I wanted to say is that I can't access many walkthroughs and download links because I can't access MEGA.NZ ... Whenever I click on it, it tells me that the links aren't secure and that my network isn't private ... and when I did research on internet I found that article ...
Bottomline talks, I just wanted the developpers to post different alternatives and not rely only on MEGA ... Nopy works perfectly for me and so far the best with 0 problems encountered ...
And thanks for your insults anyways (y) that proves how judgmental & narrow minded people can be (y)
Try a different browser, if you get the same issue, then you should run a scan with Malwarebytes (there is a free version available), if you are being redirected to a different site when trying to visit Mega, then you may have malware on your system.

CarbonBlue

Developer of Unleashed
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
The developer of nopy is a member of this site, if you're having difficulties you can contact them

https://f95zone.to/threads/nopy-to-discussion-feedback.23541/
We're holding off on new creator accounts for the time being, the growth over the past couple of months has been massive and we need to make sure that we're maintaining reliability, so don't want to add any extra load. Once the upgrades are complete and growth has settled we'll open up some more invite slots :)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] because I can't access MEGA.NZ ... Whenever I click on it, it tells me that the links aren't secure and that my network isn't private ...
Except that the screenshot you showed isn't at all related to mega.nz ; it's Chrome warning you that you're trying to access to a site which pretend to be lichess.org (a site to play chess) but isn't it.

So, if it's the error you get when you click on a link to mega.nz, it's more than time to change your anti-virus, delete Chrome (and delete it totally), perform a full virus scan, then only reinstall Chrome (if really you insist) preferably a fresh installation from the last version.

Reactions: Greasy Handcock

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Alternatively you could use a download manager like Jdownloader and not have to deal with going to websites which might have hijacked ads and the like.

xXAltaiirXx

Jun 6, 2018
Try a different browser, if you get the same issue, then you should run a scan with Malwarebytes (there is a free version available), if you are being redirected to a different site when trying to visit Mega, then you may have malware on your system.
Same issue ... no malwares to be found, deactivated my anti-virus but still same issue

xXAltaiirXx

Jun 6, 2018
Except that the screenshot you showed isn't at all related to mega.nz ; it's Chrome warning you that you're trying to access to a site which pretend to be lichess.org (a site to play chess) but isn't it.

So, if it's the error you get when you click on a link to mega.nz, it's more than time to change your anti-virus, delete Chrome (and delete it totally), perform a full virus scan, then only reinstall Chrome (if really you insist) preferably a fresh installation from the last version.
It is the same error and that pic i took from imgur ... didn't post mine cuz my browser is in french so you might not understand it ... Anyways, did all of that already and even removed MEGA.NZ from the HSTS domain queries ... I don't know why this shit is only on MEGA but thx anyways ... I'm using NOPY and for those walkthroughs and MODS i can't get well darn it ... I gave up on those If nobody's willing to hear a complaint about it so yeah ...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
didn't post mine cuz my browser is in french so you might not understand it ...
Fais pêter le screenshot. But I'll probably answer only tomorrow, it's already past 2:00 AM after all.

Anyways, did all of that already and even removed MEGA.NZ from the HSTS domain queries ... I don't know why this shit is only on MEGA but thx anyways
Alright, first is it only when you click on links, or is it also happening when you directly type the URL (obviously just "mega.nz", no need to bother with the rest) ?
Secondly, is entering "89.44.169.135" as URL lead to the same problem ?
Oh, also, I don't use Chrome so can't say "how", but you should look at the SSL certificates, because if they were effectively invalid, it's not just on your computer that Chrome would complain, and in fact not only Chrome that would do it.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Oh, also, I don't use Chrome so can't say "how", but you should look at the SSL certificates, because if they were effectively invalid, it's not just on your computer that Chrome would complain, and in fact not only Chrome that would do it.
On chrome you click a little padlock next to the url, then just click certificate on the popup
cert.png

xXAltaiirXx

Jun 6, 2018
Fais pêter le screenshot. But I'll probably answer only tomorrow, it's already past 2:00 AM after all.

Alright, first is it only when you click on links, or is it also happening when you directly type the URL (obviously just "mega.nz", no need to bother with the rest) ?
Secondly, is entering "89.44.169.135" as URL lead to the same problem ?
Well it happens whenever you go to MEGA.NZ however that is done (redirection / link / URL Address ...) and it's just with MEGA.NZ ... all the rest work perfectly fine for me ...
Even with the IP address same thing !

What bothers me is the fact that most of the MODS / Patches / Walkthroughs are exclusively on MEGA and I can't fricking access 'em :'(

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Well it happens whenever you go to MEGA.NZ however that is done (redirection / link / URL Address ...) and it's just with MEGA.NZ ... all the rest work perfectly fine for me ...
Even with the IP address same thing !

What bothers me is the fact that most of the MODS / Patches / Walkthroughs are exclusively on MEGA and I can't fricking access 'em :'(
Check the region and the date and time on your computer are correct, these can sometimes cause problems with SSL certs.
To fix time settings:
  • Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region.
  • Now, Correct date, time, time zone and region.

xXAltaiirXx

Jun 6, 2018
Check the region and the date and time on your computer are correct, these can sometimes cause problems with SSL certs.
To fix time settings:
  • Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region.
  • Now, Correct date, time, time zone and region.
Did that already + checked the certificat + removed MEGA from HSTS of chrome + uninstall/reinstalled Chrome + checked on other browsers ... still the same issue :'( Apparently i'm cursed hhhh